• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:26 PM

Its happened to us all, whether it was trying to get an EVP of a group member walking behind you, tripping over a grave*LOL*Hey! It could happen to anyone [smiley=cwm2.gif]
or one would be investigator I know, falling into an open grave*that I actually felt really bad about because the guy is absolutely terrified of being buried alive so he freaked
and I mean, like to the point that it alerted a patrolling police cruiser*

My own took place a few months ago, I was taking shots at a cemetary up north with my sister, the cemetary-an older one-is in the business district, so there were A LOT of streetlights around...when I got the pics back I was 10 kinds of happy about all the orb shots I got, totally forgetting the streetlights until we went there again and I realized what all the cool yellow orange orbs were [smiley=cwm14.gif]

Okay, guys, what was your experience, getting flash-blinded while you were using night vision equiptment*OMG...there are
orbs EVERYWHERE! LOL*
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:08 PM

On one hunt in a cemetery just north of here 4 of us were looking around and kind of got seperated. 2 of us were looking at some really nice grave stones and the other 2 were about 50 feet away when a bat swooped down near the lady that was farthest away and she spooked and ran, this started a chain reaction because the next guy was spooked by her actions and took off heading out of the cemetery. I saw what had happened and started laughing but just at that moment the other lady in the group was brushed on the back of the head by the bat and she screamed and started running in my direction with arms swinging. Needless to say that I couldnt stand my ground either and all four of us were standing outside the cemetery looking back in and wondering what the heck had happened. Well it wasnt hard to figure out but 2 of the group would not go back in so we decided to call it a night.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 05:24 PM

OMGOSH, Cajun, that is TOO funny and I can see it happening,
out of curiousity, is the initial victim of the bat still hunting with you?

This is off the topic, Amigo, but has that ever happened to you? Having a member that got so spooked by an occurrance-mundane or paranormal-that they just stopped investigating altogether?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:21 PM

No, the first two dont hunt with us anymore. They say that they are always too busy but catch them with free time and mention hunting and the excuses start flowing.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 08:37 AM

Now that's a shame, but there are hunters that take it a little more seriously*or a lot more as the case may be*than others. The bat was kind of a shocker, even if you know its a bat, your mind is thinking everything from Christopher Lee
flicks to rabies. Once safely away, I think most would have laughed it off and maybe on other hunts made bat jokes, but I'm sure you have people who are waiting to go hunting with you, man [smiley=cwm9.gif]

#6 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 08:42 AM

Some of the houses we go out to were formerly meth labs. But thanks to the law enforcement around here, a lot of the people doing those horrible things are behind bars, and the houses cleaned up a bit.

Sometimes the owners of the houses we ask to investiate warn us that there could be some dangers, such as broken bottles, or home-made boobie traps that the drug dealers made to keep people out of their labs.

One night we went to this one house, and we broght a friend a long with us who knew the house well from when he was younger. There were very very tall weeds all around the house and he warned us, "Watch out for beaver traps. The meth people set them up as boobie traps." I was very careful, pointing my flashlight to the ground, and walking very slowly. I looked up to see how close we were, and when I looked back down, my foot was about to step in a beaver trap!!!!! :o Or....so I thought. Before I even stepped down, I let out a deathly shriek and lost my balance and fell backwards on my bum. My friends started calling my name and freaking out, because they couldn't see me through the grassy weeds. They thought I fell in a hole. I screamed, "I'm over here! Watch out for the beaver traps!" They finally found me, and I was screaming for them to be careful, because the "beaver trap" was right next to me. "You mean this beaver trap?" my friend asked, pointing to an old rusty metal ring. I was so freaked out that I didn't even pay attention to what I was stepping around. Nonetheless, my friends got quite a kick out of it!  :P
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 09:15 AM

Hey, GHG!
OMGOSH...Hun, that's totally understandable, the beaver traps can still break a leg, not to mention the potential for tetnus, so I could totally see the reaction and your concern for your friends,that in itself,for the rusty ring is too funny :-*

One of San Diego county's chief haunted attractions that appears in no book I know of is the Elven Forest, back in the 60's and 70's it was popular for drug use and there are still a lot of underground meth labs and crack houses in the area

#8 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 11:05 AM

Try slipping and doing the splits because of a moss covered paving stone in a cemetary. :P :P [smiley=cwm8.gif]

#9 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 02:10 PM

Ouchie!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 02:39 PM

DUDE...doubled over just thinking about it!

#11 BOOFHAST

BOOFHAST

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:05 AM

Most embarrassing, yet the most funniest....

We were out exploring in Rehoboth Massachusetts, which served as a Revolutionary war militia town back in the late 1700s...anyways, there must be 40 different cemetaries strewn about this small, rural town...some are large and others, only a few stones...we keep coming back here because of its history and because at a few of the cemetaries, we constantly get great orb shots...so anyways, we end up pulling off the road near this "field", our tells us theres a cemetary there...i wander off and explore and no sooner i do so, two cops show up...lights going yadda yadda...now i could lie to the guy, tell him i lost my dog and maybe keep some respect, or i could tell him the truth...so i explained what we were doing...that we were "ghost hunting" (as we call it), taking pictures...yadda yadda...for about 15 minutes we end up talking and they turned out to be nice guys, they just kinda laughed at us and told us to have a good night...funny as hell, but embarassing

#12 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:29 AM

mine isn't too bad, but bad enuff. me, my sister (DiAnn), and a friend of mine went to Union Cemetery a few years ago. Anyway after we took pix we just stood there looking at each other, next thing you know from behind one of the gravestones behind us you heard like a loud, long moaning. Course we were alone. I took off for my car, was so scared, i couldn't get the key in the keyhole. so christina had to open my door. upon reversing i smacked a giant frozen pile of snow and took off w/o checking to see if traffic was coming. go me.  ::P

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:15 AM

Hey, Lady Pan ;D
Hun...it must have been a really terrifying thing to experience, I mean, HECK, I go into alert mode if I hear a car pass...just glad you and DiAnna are ok

#14 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:13 AM

thank ya much! yeah we're cool. she was actually telling me about some pic she found. i'll have to post it up for you all.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#15 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:47 AM

SWEET! Thanks, Panny ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users