• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

Baggy, I'm so sorry to hear of your lost,and it must be very hard to handle. Our family just found out the week before thanksgiving that my mom has terminal pancreatic cancer.We were told maybe 6 months to a year. Thats is why I haven't been on the boards very much.I also lost a best friend Dec 12th. Thats is why the end of 2003 wasn't a very good one for me. Mom belives in the paranormal as well as my friend that pass.So I will keep my eyes open for anything strange going on.~L~
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:49 PM

Oh, Secretsign, am so VERY sorry to her your sad news. †Go through your family's history and make sure you have all the info you want or need about them before you can no longer ask your mom about stuff if you haven't already done so. †That's something I regret not doing. †That is if she's okay to do so, not knowing how she is mentally or so. †Besides, if she hasn't already and if she's not tormented by her family it might be nice for her to remember her past. †-- Hold every minute with her close. †I'm so sorry--
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#18 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:35 PM

A couple of weeks after my husband died, we held his memorial service at one of the local funeral homes.  Knowing that he never cared for the music they play in the background at funeral homes, I requested that they songs from a couple of tapes of the band that he once belonged to.  It gave the memorial service a more upbeat feeling, and helped all of us remember a very big part of his life.  They played a couple of songs from the tape before the service as we requested.  After the service was over, we heard the normal funeral home music.  I had my step-daughter's husband mention it to the man in charge, and have him put in one of my husband's tapes.  The next thing we heard, was the band's last song of the night, where they introduce the band members.  It was my husband's voice making the introductions.  After naming the other band members, we heard, "..and I'm Norm.  Thanks for joining us, and I'll see you all later."  We couldn't have asked for a better gift than for him to give one last farewell.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... ďWhat you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.Ē ....Pericles......

#19 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:46 AM

When my father passed away three years ago at his funeral service one of his old war mates stood up and related a story that happened to him and my father in the second world war that I never even knew about. I thought all those years I had never heard it and how many other things about dad didnt I know .Spend whatever time you can with the people that you love because once they are gone you cant get that time back. I really miss my dad he was like a best friend and he was always there for me.

#20 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:53 PM

When my best friend passed on the dec12,I knew her favorite color was pink so after the gravesite service I released about 25 pink balloons.It took away the saddnes of leaving the gravesite and turned thier focus on the balloons as they blew way,It was my way of letting Connie go and it amazed me that everyone watched untill they were out of sight,even the older men and woman,It really touch me with everyone's possive response [smiley=cwm38.gif]

hawkerdriver,Thank you.I have been picking Mom's brain even before the bad news,and I'm trying to get it all down before it's all gone.She is still pretty sharpat times.Thanks again~L~
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:33 PM

My grandmother before she passed  would ask us if we saw some of the people she knew who had passed visiting her at the hospital.  Being a CNA and nursing student, I have witnessed these same occurances in people I have taken care of.  From what I have experience on a personal level, most of the people that I have known who have passed on has had new life added to their family days or weeks after.  When I look at my cousin she reminds me so much of my grandmother.  She looks like she should have been her twin. My aunt found out she was pregnant with her a few weeks after my grandmother had gone.

Blessed Be~

#22 Baggy

Baggy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:44 AM

Dear Secretsign,
       I was so sorry to read about your Mamís illness, after the past few weeks one tends to forget that there are others in the same boat.
       As for looking for signs I would say if it brings you comfort then go ahead and look, but I hope they are a long, long time in coming before you see any.
        All what I wrote in these pages happened and itís convinced me that there are outside influences, and help is at hand for those that stay and for those that pass.
        If I had a magic wand I would wave it franticly for your Mamís recovery, but alas I havenít. So along with the villagers I send you love in the hope that it conquers all.
       Give your Mam a Kiss from me,
       Love Baggy  :-*  

#23 Baggy

Baggy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:52 AM

Just to say thank you all once again for your support and that the family is begining to see light in the shadows.
Baggy :D

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:09 AM

When you are in the shadow, it means there is a light shining somewhere nearby! We are with you!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users