36 replies to this topic

#16 Akthra

Akthra

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

I agree on that Bridget, sometimes a crawl space is under a home like that.

Actually, I just found a dead mouse trapped on my gutter extension the other day. Huge guy! He got trapped in there and drown.
"Yeah, wouldn't it be great if I was choking on a grape and couldn't answer you?"

#17 AliceMaude

AliceMaude

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hello Akthra... I think I have always understood that other people were afraid of these types of things. And, honestly, there have been experiences that have absolutely terrified me... in fact, most of my experiences have really frightened me while they were happening. I wasn't raised to believe or not believe these phenomenon... but, interestingly, my mother is an astrologer and had a book shop when I was young where "mini psychic-fairs" were held. You could go have your astrological chart read, your tarot cards read, and many other things... she sold the shop and went into private counseling. But, what I need to point out is that my mother has always presented her astrological services in a "professional" light. Always, conscious to steer clear seeming "hokey". In fact, she is a pioneer in applying astrology to financial markets. So, the introduction of these "different" viewpoints in my little head were not strange or scary... but, at the same time, have not exactly been topics for discussion with just anyone. Even my mother does not know how many experiences I have had. One of them was with my sister who died when she was 5 (I was 3)... so, that is too upsetting to talk with my mother about (for her). My first 'experience' with a ghost was when I was about 7... and then my experience with my sister was when I was 15... since then I have had many experiences. You know, I could go on and on about my background and experiences... but, I don't want to bore anyone!

#18 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

We want to hear EACH and EVERY one of your encounters Alice! Post them separately under "Personal Encounters" so everyone can read them!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#19 Akthra

Akthra

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

Yes!! you are not boring anyone!!! certainly not me! please do continue!
"Yeah, wouldn't it be great if I was choking on a grape and couldn't answer you?"

#20 AliceMaude

AliceMaude

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:25 AM

Wow... I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the responses! I hope it's ok to reply to more than one at the same time.

I suppose I can share my experiences on the personal encounters section... I'll try to work on that later (I do actually need to get back to work)... :D

I also thought there was a dead animal in the walls or something. But, the smell has come and gone for about a year now. I have no crawl spaces under the house. You can't do that in Florida... too wet. We don't have a well. And the water heater is in the garage... on the other side of the house. I do have a garbage disposal... on the other side of the house as well. I clean it daily by turning it on with dish soap in there. I like the foaming action! Kidding. We're pretty tidy people though.

I'm going to go read 'ghost in my shower' now!

#21 Akthra

Akthra

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

reply however the heck you want to :D but yes, Personal Encounters works well for that. Don't be afraid if they move a thread either... they're just placing it wher eit will get a better response/attention.

#22 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:10 AM

i know i am looking forward to reading about your encounters...its always nice to read new stories. :D
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#23 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:43 AM

Alice- you do know that they add sulphur or 'rotten eggs' smell to natural gas so that you'll know if you have a gas leak! Please get your house checked!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#24 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

Especially if it's also tied to headaches..... you may also want a carbon dioxide detector in there too. Check out your furnace for sure.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#25 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

She said she didn't have natural gas, but a carbon monoxide detector is not a bad idea. But i think carbon mx. doesn't give off sulphur fumes.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#26 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:56 AM

AH ok she did say that then...

wait a minute though.. if she doesn't have a furnace... what does she have? LOL FL ah I see... holy cow that must get cold sometimes then. Even in Florida. Is this a newer home or an older one? Do you have Central Air Alice?

#27 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:57 AM

I take it then your stove, washing machine and dryer are electric only?

#28 AliceMaude

AliceMaude

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:33 PM

Hi everyone! Thanks for your concern. It's true... we have no natural gas or furnace. All heat, A/C, washer/dryer, water heater, everything is electric (unfortunately... I'm from Texas and used to natural gas... especially cooking with it). I think the house is about 14 years old. I don't normally get headaches... but, when I'm sitting at this desk for a time I do start to get one... the odor is still strong. It's only at the desk... especially from the middle drawer that I'm sitting in front of. You can barely start to smell it as you enter the room... but, it is strong only at the desk. I just got under the desk and couldn't smell it at all under there. I took some pictures of the desk with the camera... but, then I realized I took them in the day time. Should I also take some at night? Or does it matter?

#29 AliceMaude

AliceMaude

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:43 PM

I just spoke with my mother and mentioned the sulphur smell to her. She immediately said that maybe my step-father is trying to tell me something. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised at her reaction. She said I should close my eyes and try to tune into the message... and she hoped it was something fortunate! I'll give it a shot.

#30 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:05 PM

keep us posted ;)
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users