36 replies to this topic

#31 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:33 PM

Sudden sulpher smell. Hmmmm. Brimstone no doubt.

#32 AliceMaude

AliceMaude

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:33 PM

Update on the sulphur odor... at about 4:30pm EST the odor vanished. I noticed as soon as it was gone... it simply left. No residual odors even. The drawer now smells like wood... whereas before it would knock you over with the sulphur smell. I tried to open myself up to receiving a message at about 1pm... but, didn't get anything. I wonder if I should still take some pictures of the area at night (I took some earlier in the day). I sure appreciate everyones suggestions and replies. I suppose I'll have to chalk this one up to a mystery. That's strange for me... because there is usually an 'outcome' with my experiences.

#33 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

Very interesting. The smell just suddenly went away???? I had the same thing happen here a few nights ago. My bedroom smelt like there had been a fire in it and when you walked into my daughters room right next to mine, it smelt like onions. I don't use onions in my house! The smell lasted for about an hour and then both of the smells were gone. No explanation for either one of them. Quite strange! Keep us posted as to if the smell comes back.
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#34 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Wow, could that have been neighbors cooking or something?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#35 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

No the neighbors hadn't been home all day. That was my first thought as well lope.
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#36 picazette

picazette

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

Could someone enlighten me as to this experience I just had recently. My daughter had come over to my house to kind of lecture me on a problem I had been having. She lambasted me for quite a while, when I had realized that she had said nothing positive about me. It was then that I reminded her of this, and requested that she then say something positive about me. She did say then that she loved me, but then again stated that I had been the most negative person she had ever met. At that very moment, she asked "what is that terrible smell?" When I said "what smell?" She replied, "that horrible smell that smells like sulphur?" I did get up and go over by her, but by that time the smell had dissipated. Could anyone give me any insight as to what this might have been? Thank you.

#37 gr8grfx

gr8grfx

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Something else that is important in considering anything when smelling a "sulfuric smell" is that hardened rubber products from early 1900s to today smell like sulfur as they age. Hard rubber is usually only still used in instrument mouthpieces or entire instruments today (mainly woodwinds) but used to be used for everything from pens to bowling balls. Things made with hardened rubber had the consistency of modern day plastic, but as I said, as it gets older, or degrades, it starts to smell like sulfur. If the desk had a tiny piece of an antique pen in it, and then (after a cleaning) quit smelling bad then this may be the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users