• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:11 PM

Was just wondering today while singing meself a lil' song, has anyone caught a ghost/spirit singing on EVA?? Either by itself or even recorded a ghost singing with you?? :o

You walkaround setting up the recording equipment, humming or singing yourself a song and after play back you find you weren't the only one hitting the high notes...?!? ;)

A long shot I know, but you never know...!

All information/feedback appreciated ;)

JJ.

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:13 PM

G'Day, JJ!
What a cool idea and to be honest, I've tried doing children's songs or rhymes in investigations involving spirits of children, thinking that Raffi and Mother Goose would be known to them, but nothing came out on the EVP's but my own singing*LOL*Maybe it was so off-key they didn't recognize them [smiley=cwm31.gif]

If I may ask, what do you know of your house or flat's history, what was the song and could you distinguish if your
partner in song was male or female
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:16 PM

Whispers, I'm sure your singing voice on an EVP takes on a  very paranormal aspect,
****eeeee Spooky!!!!**** ;D ;D
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#4 Venus

Venus

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:19 PM

Hi Justice  ;) Do you really think a ghost would sing along with me? I doubt they would stay in the same country never mind the same house lol! I've never tried EVP but would love to hear the ones on here...every time i click on them the whole site goes off   :'(  Very interesting question!

Venus xx

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

Whispers, I'm sure your singing voice on an EVP takes on a  very paranormal aspect,
****eeeee Spooky!!!!**** ;D ;D

[smiley=cwm19.gif] [smiley=cwm19.gif]Bridget, that is SO not true
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:29 PM

i've known of spirits to react psychically to singing -- as in life, people tend to notice if you're singing rather than talking.  it arouses a certain curiosity for the spirit.

ghosts don't like to feel that they are being invaded, cornered, or manipulated.  i imagine that singing or a bit of poetic verse would put the spirit at ease and draw it forth through curiosity, rather than confronting it and demanding that it speak with you directly.

never tried getting an EVP with singing (i don't generally do EVPs - my work is more on the psychic end) but i would not be shocked to hear a spirit singing along or making themselves known when music was present!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#7 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:33 AM

G'Day, JJ!

If I may ask, what do you know of your house or flat's history, what was the song and could you distinguish if your
partner in song was male or female

Sorry, think I may have confused ya bud!!

I haven't experienced this myself, it was just a wonder!!

But as you asked what song I was singing, I'll tell you! ;) ;D It was 'Angel' by Lionel Richie! ;)

Personally, I agree that it would possibly be a more positive and less offensive way of attempting to communicate to a spirit and if I ever caught an EVP of a spirit singing with me, I would be overjoyed!

Mental Note: Must get involved in EVP's... ;D

Regards and Season's Greetings to you all :(

JJ.

P.S. I believe that this is my first thread (all my previous posts I think were replies! But I saved this one for a special occasion..!! lol  

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:57 PM

And a fine thread it is, Mate, looking to seeing more from you

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:35 AM

Was just wondering today while singing meself a lil' song, has anyone caught a ghost/spirit singing on EVA?? Either by itself or even recorded a ghost singing with you?? :o

You walkaround setting up the recording equipment, humming or singing yourself a song and after play back you find you weren't the only one hitting the high notes...?!? ;)

Posted Image

Well, why it is not possible when a ghost can join in the living on a little song session? afterall MUSIC is ETERNAL!
Posted Image

#10 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:37 AM

<------Has heard Drew sing, Spoooooooky [smiley=cwm24.gif]

Hey JJ...you should post more hun, this is an interesting topic but one in which I dont have any experience in :-/
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:01 AM

Um...spooky as in unearthly/beautiful?

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:25 AM

nawwww whispers, spooky as in Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:50 AM

Hey JJ...you should post more hun, this is an interesting topic but one in which I dont have any experience in :-/

I shall post more babe!.................when I think of topics to write!! lol ;)

I've not had any paranormal experiences (that I've categorized), so I do find it difficult to post on threads without the run-of-the-mill 'yeah, great' replies!!

Would like to go looooking for spookies at some point soon and would invite any local GV'ers to please join me ;)

Thanks for the replies, you never know an EVP may appear connected to this thread at some point in the furure! ;D

Thanx for the replies guys and gals!

JJ. 8)

#14 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:44 AM

A ghost hunter in MO.  got an EVP of a song sang by a woman, he later did research and discovered that the song was an old slave hymn.  I think it would be cool though for them to interact with song, I know many of them are timid of the technology we lug around with us (one reason I prefer divining rods)but a song may help them to relax a bit and "open" up.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#15 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:51 PM

personally myself, I have felt spirits moving more around me, when I'm either singing something very traditional, or the like.. heck, one time, I think I upset an Irish spirit, by singing an old English Fight song....I was at  an older pub, in the area, and the feeling to sing this song came over me, to try to see if anything happend.. I got a bottle of Irish Whiskey lobbed at me, from nowhere. never tried getting an EVP, though... that would be fascinating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users