Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

WHICH IS THE BEST TYPE?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:07 AM

I chose battlegrounds because I people have died in those place by the actions of others.  I think that the spirit of those fallen soldiers continue to remain there fighting a war that is long past.

#17 yawn

yawn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:39 AM

the problem with the old house is that first of all, it may actually be physically dangerous to enter if it's truly old...don't want to die or be injured if it decided to collapse with me in there!  Secondly, we're assuming that something actually happened in the old house to cause spirits to remain behind.  The house I grew up in was 50+ years old and no one ever died in it, cept cats, dogs, and the occasional weasel.  So if no one (person) dies there...there shouldn't be any spirits there.  Third, let's say that people who practice the occult lived there...there's no guarantee that it's become haunted and even if it has, the spirits that might just show up aren't the ones you necessarily want to hang with anyway.  
Let's remember folks, just because the house is old doesn't mean there's any history involved with it.  Just like being an old person doesn't give you the right to be rude, being an old house doesn't mean you're haunted.  A battle field and graveyard definately have spirits captured there.

Something I keep in mind before I look for a spot to hunt is what's the history of the place?  Is there any actual credible history or is it all just speculation?  Am I going because I want to learn something or because I want the stuff scared out of me?  Old houses can do just that...scare the stuffing out of you, but not all of them are haunted.

#18 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:06 PM

I always love the Old Houses. Especially if they are currently being occupied by the living. But I do agree with Yawn that just because its an old house doesn’t mean its haunted. I hate being dragged out to a "Haunted House" that ends up being a dilapidated, abandoned shack in the woods.

#19 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 11:41 AM

Am I the only one who sees the potential in farms?  I'm not talking the industrial monsters we have today.  I'm thinking more of the family farms passed from generation to generation.

Growing up in Hawaii, I learned that the earth has a soul.  It has mana - power.  Even rocks spewed from the volcano have mystical properties.  Ti leaves and other plants interact with the emotions of the unseen.

Even leaving behind my Hawaiian cluture, consider the lives of farmers and their families.  They are often hard-working, but poor.  They lack the means to take their sick and injured to the hospital.  They pour their life's blood and soul into the land.

BTW, heiau (ancient Hawaiian temples) are great places for kama'aina to visit, but tourists must show respect.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#20 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:15 AM

well seeing I avoid graveyards like the plauge, I do agree about farms... now it all depends on what your looking for.. if you're looking for soldiers.. then battlefield.. if you're doing an investigation to prove ghosts exist... graveyard. the house is usually is you've been called to one, thena gain I've found some older houses, that have more than jsut ghosts living there....castles are always ripe with spirits, and such, but also keep in mind a lot of the older ones, epscially the asian ones, have Other things there as well, even moreso than houses.... personally I like fields... who know what will pop up there... although,my most prolific places for finding hauntings, is railroad crossing,s and old roads.

#21 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:25 AM

As someone who grew up on a farm*Yes indeedee*!  They can be a virtual goldmine.  However, it just depends on the passed-on occupants if they were able to leave their beloved land and go on to the next reality. But yeah, the farm house I grew up in had something in it.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#22 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:31 AM

a ghost, or a Something? (hey, I deal with a lot more than ghosts, hehe)

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:35 AM

(hey, I deal with a lot more than ghosts, hehe)

you mean liks us, the Ghost Villagers?  [smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

#24 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:35 AM

well that too, but being Native American... I deal with tons of SOmethings, and Other Things (I will be refferring to anything, that is of an intelligent nature, as one of these two, as it's not always a good idea to talk about them directly, especially if they are of a less than nice nature)

#25 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:48 AM

I would definitely have to say an old house, it just seems more personal :)  Thats why I am anticipating the Farnsworth house this evening, can't wait ;D
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#26 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:49 AM

A presence.  Never materialized but there.  Always watching but kind of protective as well.  Didn't make you comfortable but didn't bother you either.  Ambivalent. :-/
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#27 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:58 AM

Old houses, I like the personalness.  They are easier to trace origins in most cases.  A battlefeild  would be too crazy for me, some cemeteries are too much for me to handle.  A castle would be fun, but would probably be harder to trace roots.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#28 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:43 PM

again, as I say.. I'm fond of fields. if you're gonna pick something up out there... who knows what it is, and it's gotta be strong, to be imprinted there, or to be inhabited there. castles.. i've been in a few.. and they have so much energies imbued intot hem, it can be very disconcerting, as well as disorienting, at least for me,plus outdoors, you tend to encounter things other  than ghosts, and the like.... also, (again for me at least) a lot of fields, and such, aren't as impregenated with emotional energy, so I can get a more comfortable feeling from the area, without the extra distractions, of the additional stuff.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users