• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

In my book, in the Stone's Public House chapter, I mentioned a little girl's dress that is laying in the attic -- allegedly belonging to a young girl who died in the inn during the 1800s. Several years ago, a former waitress took the dress from the attic and brought it home. She had many strange experiences and torments. She gave the dress to her boyfriend and he too had strange experiences, even in his car while the dress was in the trunk. Keep in mind, employees are not supposed to go in the attic because it is an old building, and if you're not careful, you can step through the plaster ceiling and hurt yourself.

The waitress brought the dress back, confessed what she did to the owner, and placed the dress back exactly where she found it.

The first time I visited Stone's Public House, the former owner wouldn't allow me in the attic, so in my book I wrote "allegedly the dress is still there today," because that's what I was told.

Today I was at Stone's Public House to be interviewed for a regional television show that was doing a segment on haunted inns and restaurants. The new owner allowed me to go to the attic. I can now tell you, there is no allegedly... it's there. And I brought my camera:

Posted Image
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:15 PM

VERY cool Jeff! Glad you got the pic!

I'm gonna go read that chapter RIGHT NOW!

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:57 PM

I need to get your book Jeff. Where can I get a copy?

#4 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

Hi Annalisa,

You can get it online here: http://www.ghostvill...mhp/index.shtml (scroll down and look on the left for the Amazon and B&N links, or ask for it at your local bookstore.
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:32 AM

If anyone happened to catch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi last night, they were their and showed shots of the dress.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 RON3002

RON3002

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:42 AM

saw ghosthunters,and yes the dress was their.The 1 guy moved the dress to a postion in front of the camera,but guess nothing was caught since they never mentioned it again. I have always wanted to do a investigation of the place,but I am soon moving to S.C and I guess will not have a chance to do so :weeee:
RON

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:47 AM

Jeff, did you see the show last night? Do you know these guys, or ever met them?

That is cool that you got up there to see the dress. Did you see any blood stains on it?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:15 AM

that is so cool...i saw the show last night...and now to see this on here :unsure: chills
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:43 AM

There are no blood stains on the dress. I looked. I know the owner, but I don't really know the people from TAPS (the ghost hunters in the program).
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#10 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:44 AM

That was a great show,and literally every one of those taps members thought Stone's was quite active.They were all getting creepy vibes off the place.

Did you experience anything strange there Jeff?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#11 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:55 AM

I wanna get the book for sure now, and now I am temted to get cable just so I can watch ghosthunter's. I am not much into T.V. but from everyone's opinions, it just might be worth it!!! Thanks guys! :weeee:
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#12 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

I wanna get the book for sure now, and now I am temted to get cable just so I can watch ghosthunter's. I am not much into T.V. but from everyone's opinions, it just might be worth it!!! Thanks guys! :weeee:

The book ROCKS...It is seriously one of the most entertaining reads I've had in several years.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#13 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:39 AM

I did get a sense of sadness around the dress in the attic. It's the only item in the entire attic, really. It's in a cold and lonely spot up there and you can't help but feel sorry if there is a spirit hanging around it.

An interesting side-note -- several patrons of the restaurant have reported seeing a little girl staring at them from the upper floor windows (which are only used for either storage or are completely empty and in disrepair.
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#14 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:16 PM

The whole dress thing is very interesting to me. Why do they leave it up there? Wouldn't they want to preserve it and keep it in a much safer, cleaner spot in the house?

Also, has the dress ever been looked at by any historians to say whether it actually is from the little girl's time period?

The T.A.P.S. people were just flopping it around and messing with it as if it were any old piece of cloth instead of treating it as a possible artifact owned by one of the spirit's said to reside there.

I HAVE to get the book!!!!!!!!! Gonna try to eek it out of my budget this week or next!!!!!

#15 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:37 PM

It always makes me sad to know that a little child spirit is stuck in the earthbound spiritual realm. :lol: Children are so innocent,they don't deserve that.Hopefully someone will rescue her and help her move on to a happier place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users