• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Venus

Venus

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:25 AM

Hi again, I posted a while ago about my niece seeing the ghost of her daddy, and would like to ask a question. When a ghost appears to a human, if that human is scared, does this mean the ghost is unfriendly?
My sis in law telephoned me this morning to say she sensed that my bro had appeared to her two nights ago. She didn't actually SEE him, she just sensed he was there on the staircase. She was afraid to go to the bathroom because of this....why? Why would she be afraid of her own husband? He was never nasty to her in life so why be afraid of him now? She totally lost it yesterday and broke down in front of the children as she misses my brother badly.
My brothers oldest daughter Verona also said she had been visited by my brother just before christmas. She said she could hear him talking as she was going to sleep but was also afraid to look to where the voice was coming from. Why are they all so scared of seeing my brother? Could this be someone or something else appearing on my brothers behalf or could it be a perfectly natural response to their grieving? Replies appreciated greatly. Thankyou.

Venus xx

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:31 AM

Hi again, I posted a while ago about my niece seeing the ghost of her daddy, and would like to ask a question. When a ghost appears to a human, if that human is scared, does this mean the ghost is unfriendly?
My sis in law telephoned me this morning to say she sensed that my bro had appeared to her two nights ago. She didn't actually SEE him, she just sensed he was there on the staircase. She was afraid to go to the bathroom because of this....why? Why would she be afraid of her own husband? He was never nasty to her in life so why be afraid of him now?

THE UNKNOWN - that is why we humans repond with fear. Even though we love the departed, somewhere in our mind, we KNOW the reality that they are no more in our dimension. This is the reason why we get uneasy.
Posted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:30 PM

Hi, Venus,
Okay, if  can ask, how old is your neice? And did this occur shortly after her Dad's passing?

Fear is a very natural reaction to a paranormal encounter and its as old as the human race. The important thing is that she not be afraid of them since they can't really hurt her. I think I'd also stress the positive, that he still loves her and will watch out for her always/wanted her to know he was okay.

As I said, fear's natural, but were there any other feeling's associated with his presence?

Whispers of Fire
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:48 AM

moon hit it right on the head... even now, and I'm VERY used to ghosts, and spirits, I get that rising fear down my spine... it's human nature, and having all those old ghost stories pounded into us.

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 02 January 2004 - 11:51 AM

When a ghost appears to a human, if that human is scared, does this mean the ghost is unfriendly?

Not per se.  Humans fear the unknown.  Always have, most likely always will.  When Jesus appeared to the 11, they were afraid.  Jesus had to prove himself with the marks of the crucifixion.  Remember that the apostles were Jews - a religion that taught the resurrection.

There are various reasons to be scared when visited by the spirit of a loved one.  First, is there a possibility it is someone (something?) else posing?  Second, maybe we never truly believed in life after death, despite our religious upbringing.  Third, have we done anything we wouldn't want the deceased to know about?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:26 PM

Welcome to the Village Aloha!  But I have to point out something:  Jews Do Not believe in resurrection.  That is one of the main differences between Judiasm and Christinity.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:47 PM

Welcome back, Hawky ;D and very true.

Hi, Aloha, the Lady's right, they may well have thought he was a demon since Judaism doesn't teach Resurrection*wonders
about a link between Judaism and Jehovah's Witness, since both maintain the soul remains with the body until the coming/return of a savior*
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#8 Venus

Venus

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

I don't mean to spoil things here but this subject is turning a little religious. I was brought up christian, but have lost all faith due to deaths in my family, unfair events in life, and a bad childhood. I mean, isn't religion just like paranormal activity? Neither have been proved to actually exist. Sorry if this sounds a little negative but as far as i see, there is no proof of anything. I would LOVE to see some real evidence of a God or an afterlife. I wonder how many people feel the same way? Please don't take offense at this message as it is not meant to cause any debate about religion.

Venus xx

#9 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:50 PM

None taken by me!  Venus, I can't tell you how many times I've run the gamet between 'you bethcha there something to this' and 'not a freakin' chance'!  However, now that I'm older I actually have been fortunate to have kinda experienced a review of my life without dying!  And from what I can tell there's always been a higher power and in my case, God's hand has always been in life.  It's funny. Ever since mankind has had a conscious, he has had a need to hold something up as superior to himself. Whether is be a God, a King, but something to denote there is something bigger than ourselves.  I've have too many things happen to me that involved communication from the other side to doubt any more whether another realm exists.  But I must point out that I have also come to the conclusion that there is not one single religion that is correct.  One must find his own belief system which matches his gut instinct in regards to spirtuality.  And even then not all of that particular religion's doctrine will ring true to you.

The description of your life could very well fit mine but I truly believe I have been shown by a couple of things in my life that there is something to God or whatever a person designates as his creator.  Can I ask if by chance your life has been getting a little easier as you get older?  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:42 PM

Hawkies...I couldn't agree more

Hi, Venus, Blessings and a hug, Hun, I'm pagan, but I think there's a higher power...no matter what you choses to call him or her

#11 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:25 PM

I really don't think religious preference has anything to do with an actual experience...when you FEEL something - whether it be a good or bad feeling - you are in the moment and whether you believe in something or not - if it is happening to you right then it IS real...I'm really not explaining myself very well here but as far as anyone being afraid is concerned...until that person can come to terms with what they are experiencing...I think they will always be afraid of what is going on if they are inclined to do so.  

One of my first paranormal experiences occured in my own room and I was deathly afraid even though I knew what was going on - I was so afraid I covered my head under the sheets until I felt I was no longer in "danger" ... It doesn't matter who the spirit is - when experiencing something "out of the norm" - hence "paranormal" then most people are gonna be afraid ;)

#12 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

Venus, from the aspect of a "pagan" (personally, it's just easier, than the four line word in Cherokee that is it's real name)it gets difficult to spearateghosts, and spirits, from religion, after all, what makes them? however, I also am a beleiver, in what I call the pathways, and that the soul, is a traveler.... if anyone wants any more details of my freaky faiths, you can PM me, or ping me otherwise...

now onto the fear part, as stated... we have drilled into our minds, (if we're christian_ even subconsciously, that ghosts are scary things, that we are to be afraid of.... it may not be explainable, but it becomes tradition.... kinda like why do yugoslavians always boil octopus with wine corks? it's a cultural thing, that may have lost sifnificance, that has become ingrained.  

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:29 AM

cultural thing is one side. also think of all the "scary", "spooky" stories! oh boy! I still remember while I was 7 years and read my first "horror". some kinda vampire stuff in an ocean liner! another 7 years to come it was still haunting me untill, I guess, I was approcahing things more practically after that. (I have mentioned one incident from my childhood in one of the threads the scariest you have ever been, a little bicycle journey at night, and one incident that has taken fear out of me)
Posted Image

#14 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:20 PM

I beleive, that all human will always fear something...a fter all... fear is also the best drug known to man, isn't it?

• Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:17 PM

I know this might sound a little crazy , but a friend of mine was killed by drunk driver and at the time I was working ina hospital as a nurse always dealing with death, but that particular day I went to the funeral home on my way to work and got special permission to go in and see Rocky because I was working 2nd shift and could not get to viewing that night. Being around dead bodies had never bothered me before but I could not turn my back to his coffin I had to back out of the room into the hall before I could actually turn around to walk away. I haave never experienced that feeling since  and believe me I never want to feel that way again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users