5 replies to this topic

#1 kittengirl

kittengirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

I got a digital camera for christmas and in about 1/3 of all of my pictures there are orbs.  

I am have taken pictures before with my 35mm camera and once in a great while I have gotten an orb.

This is discourageing because they show up in places like my grandparents living room, which is not haunted and where nothing strange has ever happened.

I dont know, im really confused. Im begining to think that orbs are not related to ghostly activity due to the number I am getting in my images.  

I have been reading up on digital cameras and have found that they are IR (infa red) sensitive and that is how the orb factor is explained most of the time.  

I just feel like it is impossible to be getting soooo many orbs in my images.  Has anyone else gotten these results with their digital camera??  Im becoming sceptical regarding orbs....help.....im loosing my hobby ???

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 08:42 PM

Hi, KittenGirl and welcome to GV
WOW...I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3 possible captures on a shoot
session, but maybe you want to look at the possibility of something more explainable like glare or dust if you're getting that many captures.

Hey! Nothing wrong with a bit of skepticism, Hun, I regularly share my pics with a photographer friend of mine who's also a skeptic
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:50 AM

creative skeptisicm actually makes you understand more of your beliefs. ;)
Posted Image

#4 snap43nib

snap43nib

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

Your lucky, I have never shot a pic with an orb in it, 35mm or digital.  I'm a skeptic as far as orbs go basically because I have never captured anything odd in a picture other than wierd light rays and dust on rare occasions.  I also rarely use a flash and am constantly cleaning my lense, and every once in a while I take my camera's apart and clean them thoroughly.  This causes me to be skeptical, but I have read, shot, and talked with people who say they clean there lenses frequently also and they capture orbs, all I can say is either I'm am unlucky, or possibly lucky, because an orb can ruin a photo not intended for ghost hunting proof.  So I guess until I get one I'm a skeptic.
I'm trapped in my American Nightmare Running Scared.

#5 spotana

spotana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

Many "orbs" turn out to be specs of dust that are magnified or blurred because of the lens, this happens especially on digital cameras as they usually have a fixed zoom lens. Are you shooting these pictures using a flash where it's darker, that also is a cause of most orbs. For better results of capturing, try lighting the area first, and not using the flash feature if you can help it.
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell- Aldous HuxleyBuy "The Graveyard Shift" on DVD @ http://www.newgilpictures.org

#6 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:59 AM

ghostHost - you're right.  dust is a total contributing factor on digital lenses and can be a stubborn cause of orbs in lots of pictures.  when i do product shots for eBay with my digital, i always have to use a lens cloth because my house is pretty dusty and dust-orbs are always a problem.

HOWEVER, i have gotten significant orbs in known haunted places after rigorously using a lens cloth to clear most of the dust from the lens.  i have a nice spread of christmas day orb pictures that are a great example of this - and the orbs only show up in two or three significant shots.  

we, as investigators and enthusiasts, must always weigh our work as a total product of the experience - including the condition of our equipment!  dust those lenses off before ghost hunting!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users