• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 txpatti

txpatti

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:01 PM

Last night at around 2:30 a.m. I had stepped outside because I was unable to sleep. Earlier that day my 18 yr. old son was taking my 15 yr. old son to the store in his new 4x4 truck, the truck suddenly died on them doing 45 mph., the steering locked up and the brakes were useless. They hit the edge of road and lost control, narrowly missing a guard rail by inches, barely missed the electic pole, started sliding sideways they took out a fence and hit an oak tree, about 10 inches in diameter. Truck was messed up, they were shook up pretty badly, but not a scratch on them. If that truck had not been so jacked up in the air, this could have been fatal.
In the texas sky the moon was full and bright, except one thing, there was this red ring around the full moon. I know that in some of my reading of the supernatural and paranormal I have come across something about this red ring, but I cannot quite remember what a red ring around a full moon is supposed to symbolize, or the meaning behind it. My question to you all is does anybody else heard of this? Seen this yourself? And If so, what religion or legend does it stem from?

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:05 PM

i have seen this before but i didn't think much of it. i thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:15 PM

The colour of the light is because of the dust in the atmosphere. The longer waves are reddish, and shorter the waves, it would be bluish (regular). It denotes that there was atmospheric dusts on the higher layers.
Posted Image

#4 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

It means it is going to rain soon.
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#5 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, I heard the same thing as susmith, rain or snow within three days. At any rate, it does seem to happen most often in the fall when the weather is turning cold---actually it's pretty common around here( Utah) this time of year.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#6 txpatti

txpatti

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

I understand the scientific answer, but that is not really what I am looking for. I want to know more about the spiritual significance of this occurance. What religion or faith does this have a significant meaning to, and what does it symbolize to that faith. I just had an overwhelming feeling that this was supposed to have a very spiritual connection to this event.

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

The Native American lore is that a ring around the moon means a change in the weather within two days. It is the time of year when we can expect major changes in the weather...
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:04 PM

Well, as you know we have had nothing but rain for a couple of days here in Texas.....never heard of any spiritual or religious significance to it, just the sames things repeated here about the weather.....seems to be right on target here for us huh?!?
It's just Becca Posted Image

#9 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:49 AM

I don't think the significance of a ring around the moon is particularl to any one religion. Many religions have folklores surrounding it. But you can consider it to be nothing more than folklore and just dismiss it all together like many people do. There are cultures where it means bad luck, or tragedy to any who see it. Then there are some cultures where it's totally reversed and it means good fortune. You just never know. Unfortunately, there's no one religion we can tie it to and therefore discover any "true" meaning of it.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#10 miriel

miriel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

It may also be that you are remembering the scene in the movie, Practical Magic. In it, Sandra Bullock's character sees a ring around the moon, and she realizes something bad is about to happen. (And it does with her sister, Nicole Kidman's character.)

#11 HppyBnny1387

HppyBnny1387

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:28 PM

the moon was supposed to be red completely last night. i read about it and heard about it on the news, all the astronomers were out to see it cuz it only happens every 3 years maybe. but the ring? i never heard of this 'red' ring.

#12 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Many many things =D

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

It may also be that you are remembering the scene in the movie, Practical Magic. In it, Sandra Bullock's character sees a ring around the moon, and she realizes something bad is about to happen. (And it does with her sister, Nicole Kidman's character.)

That was Nicole Kidman? huh..never knew that. Anywho, Maybe it is significant to you because of your sons accident. Maybe you take the moon to be a sign for something and just didn't know what. Or..like Miriel said you could just be remembering that scene from Practical Magic and just not remembering.
"Ignorance, the stem and root of all evil" ~PlatoWe have eyes, but do we see?

#13 txpatti

txpatti

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:26 PM

I realized I made a mistake in explaining what I saw that night. The red ring I saw was not a ring around the outer edge of the moon, this was a blood red ring within the inner area of the moon's surface. Similar to a blood moon, except this was just a ring around the inner edge of the surface of the full moon.

#14 miriel

miriel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

Yep, that was Nicole Kidman...I had to do a double take at the credits on that one, too. !

I'll admit though, I've never heard of a red ring *on* the inside of the moon like that. I have no idea what that would mean.

Miriel

#15 michaelangelo

michaelangelo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:33 AM

:blink: it was good that your sons is able to get out of that accident safely. about the moon's ring maybe i have seen it but i haven't noticed it yet. :ph34r:
THE KNOWN IS FAR BETTER THAN THE UNKNOWNIF YOU ALREADY ESCAPED DEATH DO YOU THINK YOU WILL STILL DIE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users