• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:38 PM

Im just wandering if all people have the ability to see or feel a presence among them.  Im mean do you have to have a open mind, and if you have a closed mind can you still feel a presence if there is one with you.

#2 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:47 PM

brandon, welcome to gv!

ghosts are a phenomena that are out there whether we can detect them or not.  it's been my experience that there are some people who find it very easy - even quite natural - to "see" or experience ghosts and haunted activity.  there are others that wouldn't be able to see, feel, touch, taste, or run from a ghost even if there were a whole room full of them wearing sheets.

i'll use me and my husband as examples here.  

i was always ghost and paranormal sensitive - probably since the age of two or three.  i grew up among adults who were attuned to experiencing ghosts and psychic activity - so i retained my ability to experience ghosts up to the present day -- almost thirty years.

my husband, on the other hand, never experienced ghostly activity.  his family weren't particularly believers, either.  he studied science from an early age and had no experiences that would cause him to change his mind.  

we've both been in extremely haunted places and my husband will not see or hear or feel anything - and it's the same way with a number of my non - scientific friends.  

i believe that some people are born with an unavoidable ability to "see" ghosts.  all others are born with the possibility of seeing them, but for a lot of people it gets conditioned or trained out of them past early childhood.  

for those with a "closed mind" as you say, i suppose that it is possible for them to feel a presence... non-sensitives get their come-uppance every once in awhile and the marginal believer becomes a full-fledged ghost witness!  

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#3 JennaLaLune

JennaLaLune

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:21 PM

I remember distinctly having communicated with entities when I was younger but the gift seems to have diminished...I would imagine as a result of my teenage years. What's the best way to open myself back up to these things? I do meditate and work on my chakras, but its still not as easy as when I was younger...can't teach an old dog new tricks? ???
"Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is Blind." -Albert Einstein

#4 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:41 PM

jenna - meditation and work on your chakras will definately open you up to a more enriched sensory world on all levels - not just with ghosts.

perhaps you can use a mental exercise to help you regain some of your sensitivity.  when you enter a place and perhaps you are curious to see if you can sense any entities there, you can stop and ask yourself if the place makes you feel any certain emotion.  also feel for physical phenomena -- cold or warm spots.  

you can speak with potential entities mentally by asking them to help make themselves known.  

it will take time, practice, and effort to regain your childhood sensitivity -- in a way, you have to have your "radar" on all the time in order to regularly sense ghosts and entities, but with practice you should be able to summon it up within yourself on a pretty regular basis.  

best of luck and blessings to you - OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#5 JennaLaLune

JennaLaLune

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:49 PM

Thanks...I never thought to feel for physical signs as well. I'll try that out. ;)
"Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is Blind." -Albert Einstein

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:09 PM

[glow=red,2,300][move]Welcome Jenna and Brandon[/glow][/move]

OwlGoddess is right. Ordinarily, anyone can sense a spirit if they aren't manifested, whether or not its that feeling of intense cold, or that the air's suddenly been charged around you. There are people called Sensitives who can see or hear unmanifested presences: some are born with the ability to see/hear, some can sense a little more*latents, they're called*kind of like seeing shadows or being able to tell where they are in an area and some have some sort of catalystic event happen, a near death experience or some equally traumatic occurrance
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 a10182

a10182

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:14 AM

well i actually have never made contact with or felt an area full of ghost

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:38 AM

technically speaking anyone CAN. But why we don't is plainly because a lot depends on our MIND. The more it is in turmoil and confused nothing works the way we want. Open mindedness alone may not help. We also should be "sensitive" enough to see the signs. The signs could be feeble, subtle, common ones.
Posted Image

#9 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 05:04 PM

thanks to everyone for there great responses

#10 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:53 PM

I once saw a guy standing with  two friends of mine when I asked who it was they said who the hell are you talking about there was nobody there so I dont think every one can see them.

#11 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:05 PM

I think that a lot of people who are not sensitive will tend to ignore things that happen to them or write them off without giving them a second thought.  A lot of times I am like this.  I will see/hear/smell/feel something and it doesn't seem out of place at the time because I am distracted.  Then, later I will look back and think "hey, wait a minute.. that was strange!"
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#12 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:03 AM

Yes, I agree Master.  As we grow we make so many mistakes in our lives that we just naturally start second guessing ourselves.  

I also think that the more absorbed you are in the present with the day to day stresses and happening it lessens your ability to ascend to that higher spiritual plane where you are more open to the paranormal.  My antenna has been down for quite a while and I thinking I've been very aborbed by my day to day dealings.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#13 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:13 AM

Another more interesting question would have to be can the dead see all of us or only loved ones and the folks they were involved with in their lives?
???

Or can the dead see at all  ???

Is what we see residual , incidental or do they reveal themselves to us by their choice?

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#14 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:54 PM

Nice thoughts Rockhauler.

I sometimes wonder if the dead see us as we see them.  Perhaps if they don't know they are dead, they continue to live their lives and see things as though they were still alive.  Perhaps WE appear as ghosts to THEM.

Oh wait.. I think there's a movie about that. LoL
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#15 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:07 PM

I to do wonder if ghosts can see us to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users