69 replies to this topic

#16 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:32 PM

Cool question, Rock.

Okay, here's my opinion, I think the aura is an electro-magnetic field that extends from each person. Spirits are an electro-magnetic phenomonon, so rather than seeing the person, they see the aura.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#17 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:36 PM

that makes sense to me

• Guests

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:14 PM

I don't meditate as much as I use to, but what I have noticed is when I do, I feel more connected with everything.  When I am taping to get EVPs, I close my eyes and invision myself as being in a room connected in the astal plane to my world.  It also helps me get over the fear of what I am doing (contacting those who have gone on to the next level) :-/

#19 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:58 PM

Yes maybe i should try to meditate and see if helps me any at all.

#20 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:52 PM

If you can be calm and at peace within yourself, it will be much easier to concentrate and notice the subtle things around you. †It does take practice to do this.  Sometimes a focal point can help (candle flame, mirror, or just staring 'through' an object with deep concentration).  Carried deep enough you can reach the point where you see depth and forms with your eyes closed.  Deeper yet and you can seemingly feel and perceive the sounds, sights,smells around you that we normally overlook in our daily lives.  
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#21 Ronin_tmz

Ronin_tmz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:29 AM

Is it possible for people to see ghosts in orb form? I mean with the naked eye.

Ronin_tmz

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:52 AM

[glow=blue,2,300][move]Hello, Ronin_TMZ and welcome to GV ;D
[/move]

I've been on investigations where I've been talking with a spirit and have asked them to hold my hand to better pick up on what they were communicating and a friend with a camcorder*who was behind me*actually saw the orb in my hand both through his lens and with his eye. For the most part, though I think it has to do with who they're trying to communicate with.

Just my thoughts,
Whispers[/glow]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#23 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:43 PM

When I was a young child I was very very sick. I had asthma and allergies. I am pretty much allergic to everything. As a child I would develop pneumonia quite quickly, a matter of hours, and this would have to be put into the hospital fighting for life. I remember one night as I was lying in my bed at home, trying to breath, that I could see someone at the foot of my bed. She was older, she had a shawl over her shoulders, and had a veil or a babushka over her head (sorry about the faint details but I am trying to picture it in my mind). I looked around and could see other people or shadows in the room. Being afraid I started to cry and my mother came running in. I was to sick to tell her what I had seen and I was taken to the hospital. I did tell my brothers about it but they just laughed at me. The people I should have talked to where my Grandmother and Mother (I wont explain now). I have had other separate incidents in Hospitals also where ďsomeoneĒ would come to see me.

As I grew older, and healthier, I no longer had the ability to see spirits, but I could still sense them. I never really searched out haunted places but I would know when I entered one. I would just get a feeling in certain areas that someone or something was there. I believe my wife has this ability too, she has had experienced some phenomena when she was a child and she had rented an apartment that was haunted by a carpenter. When we are together the feelings get amplified.

I am not a ghost hunter and rarely tell my stories, even to family, because I donít want anyone to think Iím crazy. But something changed.

#24 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:21 PM

[glow=blue,2,300][move]Welcome to GV, Sammy_Da_Cat[/move]

WOW...I've heard of people who've had near death experiences
develop the ability, but they were latent to start with<a bit more aware of presences than the average person>was it a
really severe asthma condition, if I could ask? Also, was your visitor a relative?

Thank you for sharing these encounters and I hope we'll be seeing more of you on the boards and feel free to bring your wife in as well [smiley=cwm9.gif]

Cheers,
Whispers of Fire[/glow]

#25 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:21 PM

Sorry about the quick cutoff to that post. Life Calls The Dead answer.

About two months ago my wife, my son (2 1/2), and I were exploring some of Tennesseeís parks and decide to have a look at an old cabin. Tourists visit the cabin quite regularly but on that day we were the only ones there. Walking up to the cabin from the road, I started getting a feeling that it was too quiet. But my son was running around looking at the trees and flowers and just generally being an inquisitive child. When we entered the cabin the feeling of reverence came over me. I felt that I should walk lightly, keep my voice down, and make sure not to disturb anyone. It was like being in a library. You have to be quite or the mean old librarian will yell at you. We were preparing to leave the cabin when I noticed a door on the outside that led up to the second floor. It was unlocked so my wife, child in tow, and me decided to take a look. I didnít get halfway up the stairs before I new that something was there. .The feeling I got was not of an evil presence and it did not scare me. My wife new it too. We looked at each other for about 1 second and then told her we had to get out now

I know that anyone of you probably would have gone in to have a closer look, but I couldnít take the chance with my son around. I really donít know why I even thought about going up the stairs. Which brings me to the dilemma.

I know my wife and I have the ability to sense ďsupernaturalĒ presences, but will my son have this ability? And if he dose, or doesnít, how will we deal with it? What age is it safe for him to be exposed to this kind of experience (My current guess 45)? What can I do to protect him?

Near death experiences can happen more than once. My grandmother told me that on three different occasions I was almost lost. My grandmother and mother are a different story. As for the asthma, I would get an attack that would lead to pneumonia within, at the most, 24-hours. I took a lot of medicine and 7 shots once a week. It took a Korean doctor to cure me with medicines they have been using for centuries.

#26 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:04 PM

'Allo, Sammy,
I'm not claiming to be an expert or to speak for any other Villager, but I think it depends entirely. I'm a little confused, the feeling from the top of the stairs, is that where you were picking up on those sensations of reverence?
Could you possibly describe the reverence, was it like the feeling you got when you first saw your wife? Or was it more
like a religious experience type of reverence*not trying to disrespect you, Mssr. Le Chatte, trying to get a better feeling for your experience there. A lot of it is what you feel a presence is trying to communicate to you, sometimes they're very direct and other times its a matter of almost classic misunderstanding.

Sam, there are cases of Sensitivity being inherited, of course it is also possible for the ability to skip generations. I'm a bit surprised your son didn't pick up on the vibe or actually see the presence that was there*more an
issue of the pineal gland not hardening before the age of 7,
its thought to be the link between worlds, but for the sake of science, it also represents the child's grasp of concepts
like limits*I'm gonna pee ya off, Dad, if he is Sensitive or
does have an encounter, all you could really teach him is that fear when faced with the unknown is totally natural, but he should not fear his ability to sense them and to see
them as people and to show them the same courtesy he'd use ordinarily [smiley=cwm9.gif]

#27 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

The reverence I speak of is more like respect. Itís like walking into some one you know and respect, or someone who is really important, house. You donít want to make to much noise or mess anything up out of respect. You donít want to disturb anything. When I get this feeling I usually slow my pace down or stop, keep my mouth shut and listen. I can usually pick out the area where the spirit is. The feeling I had at the top of the stairs was more like fear for my son. I am not saying that the entity was evil and malicious. I just didnít want my son to be any part of that experience. I couldnít take the chance of putting him in harms way. I donít want to stifle his abilities in any way though.

I do believe in some ways you can train someone with little or no ability to pick up on the signs such as cold spots or vibrations that are a physical form of spiritual contact.

#28 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:34 AM

oh man, I have had that feeling.... I had that feeling when I was working in one of the schools I have mentioned before.  That word was the word I was looking for.  That deep, pressure on the chest when I entered the library. of an 1850's school building.  In fact, that's the feeling I had at another school.  It made me fel as though I as being watched, being studied carefully, like I had to be very respectful of where I was. It was very much a kind of reverence.  At least to me.

I honestly am sure I can see spirits or ghosts. whether that's a deep down decison or not, I just don't think I can.  Feel them or hear them? yes.  

Should make for an interesting time doing some work with KRC.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#29 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:06 PM

Hi, Sammy, Okay, thanks for the clarification on that feeling. I gotcha, I've experienced it once during a house investigation in MN while recording in the basement, for me it was a matter of being very careful of what I said to the young woman I was talking with*LOL*I'm not a total punk, I'm
very respectful, but can sometimes be kind of casual.

WOWSERS...I can understand what you mean but a lot of that is going to depend on a)your son and b)the kind of encounters/contact he has. As he is exposed to more points of view and experiences, his views are going to change, to reject, embrace*this includes rationalizing an encounter to
either extreme, something mundane or mistaking what may have
been an attempt to communicate*touch/being guided*as an attack or simply to incorporate. What it all comes down to,
Amigo, is we tend to see/hear things based on our own experiences.

ANKTHA! Hey,Buddy [smiley=cwm12.gif] Was it that same sense of being watched/studied in both buildings? At the risk of sounding like a complete smartarse, I think they watch/study
us as much as we study them*LOL*

It should be intriguing, KRC's a HECKA cool guy and Rah's a doll...but as to your question, I think so, I can see spirits but can only hear them if the emotion's really strong*yelling*

#30 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 05:06 AM

Guess what!  I think my 'antenna' is coming back up.  I'm startin to see my people out of the corner of my eyes again!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users