• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:15 AM

Hey, Hawk-Hawk*LOL I think you're gonna plug me one way or the other with rotten tomatoes so it may as well be for a cutesie name*That's actually something I meant to ask you since mine's been on a slide...how long does yours go out for and how often?? Hopefully, its not as bad as my server plays out
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#32 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:15 AM

Why does everyone INSIST ON SPELLING MY NAME WRONG!!!

A K T H R A.   :P  ;)  ;D

heheh just being silly.  Whisper!!! I actually think they watch us more than we watch them! LOL!  That and they have some unfair advantages!
It was the same in both buildings.  That's for sure.  Part of one of those buildings had a slightly different feeling.  I was working in quite a few buildings that had the lgihts off, barely anyone around, etc.  but one school... gah.  and as a note, the halls looked like any other school.  I wasn't thinking of ghosts, I wasn't thinking of being scared, or anything like that at all.  I had just been in a couple that were all closed up, silent, uninhabited and dark... bah no worries! So, why did this one school have a VERY pronounced difference of feeling?  One corridor, that led to the library (different school that the 1850's school I mentioned) ahd this... unseeable wall.  AS soon as I neared it, I did NOT, want to go into the library.  It was VERY VERY strong.  even when I decided to assist another person on the team with the library, I still cuold almost not enter the hallway.  I might add that the person also did not want to do this alone, they did not admit to it, but they had been assigned the room on  the first place and had totally avoided it all day.  This person, doesn't beelive in ghosts and whatnot.  But yet they were very visibly shaken about entering the hallway and library.  Upon leaving the library, It felt like that feeling followed me into the last 3 rooms for the rest of the day.  It felt like it followed me into each room, then would pace about the room, as if I could feel where in the room it was.  always watching.....   strange stuff... hard to explain that.  even if it was only my mind, why the heck would it decide that particular day at that time, to suddenly inflict me with that feeling?  I was looking forward to the school and such.. so why the attack of the feeling all of a sudden?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#33 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:57 AM

ANKTHA! [smiley=cwm32.gif] hehehehe whats in a name eh Akthra? ;D

yes, they wath us more thean we do! unfair advantage! well, I guess unfair ignorance from our part!
Posted Image

#34 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:01 AM

Heheh, I just replied out of silliness. Not a big deal.

Bah, names are powerful heheh.

LOL! most definately ignorance on our part.

#35 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:58 AM

I agree, names are powerful! My name is SREEDHAR and mostly people mis-spell it as Sridhar or Shridhar or Shreedhar! I hate that! There are instances where I didnt even sign my attendance register or collect salary just because my name was spelled wrong!
Posted Image

#36 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:32 PM

Hi, Ankthra*Okay, I feel guilty because I'm probably the biggest name violator here*Ankhy, old boy [smiley=cwm40.gif]

WOW...that's unusual, I've heard of that happening once to a
friend of mine when they were clearing a house, a shed on the property and, like you she was physically barred from entering by a very malignant presence within*I'd been there
a month before and was acquainted with His Royal Spookiness*
but other than you, that's the only time I've heard of it happening. The major difference being, you weren't investigating at the time*Captain Obvious, that's me*Did this presence see your ability to perceive him as a threat?
I know this is going to sound odd, Amigo*well...at least as far as other people being around*but did you try talking with the entity...letting them know you meant no harm or disrespect? If I can ask...was it like a full-walk into a wall type stop or just bombarded by feelings of fear and unpleasant images like that?

Do you know anything about the building's history? Are you looking to go back?

You know, its weird, Ankthra, I personally believe that, Spirits at least, watch us to learn...too many cases of older spirits understanding concepts or inventions invented long after their deaths. But I've also seen Spirits follow Sensitives around on a hunt, whether it was interest, a midnight buffet or just cool to be around a person who actually saw them
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:06 PM

Hi, Ankthra*Okay, I feel guilty because I'm probably the biggest name violator here*Ankhy, old boy [smiley=cwm40.gif]You know, its weird, Ankthra, I personally believe that, Spirits at least, watch us to learn...too many cases of older spirits understanding concepts or inventions invented long after their deaths.

Yikes Whispers! You violator!  [smiley=cwm19.gif] hehehehe! WHIPERS? [smiley=cwm12.gif]

aKthra!
Posted Image

#38 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:38 AM

Whiskers, I am absolutely sure your antenna just may be waning a bit.  Your paranormal ability far exceeds mine so with that in mind I'd guess that yours may just decreasing in intensity for durations that relavtively short compared to mine.  I've lost mine for a year or two at a time.  And I know you've never gone thru spells like that.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#39 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:42 AM

ahhaahah!!! Moon.... hheheh  Nah if he wants to use an N, that's ok.

Those are some good questions.  I have to think that spirits can see your reaction, as If they put up some sort of "do not enter" sign  :P then say, someone reacts like I did.  Which from someone looking at me at the time probably would have spotted the disconcerted facial expression and body language.  I litterally stuck a hand up as if saying "whoa! back away there, no need to get hostile!".  I didn't say anything, my partner on the site would have thought I was nuts lol!  I would have loved to have spoke to whatever was there.  

Another interesting point is when I would be alone in a room and I could "feel" something in there, that's when I would start to talk outloud.  I'd begin to comment on good memories of my school days, how I wished I could be a kid again and so on.  The atmosphere would change after doing that.  It would change from a hostile feeling pressure, to a more, I'm watching you, but mind your manners" kind of pressure.  The pacing and watching was still there, but it had changed from a more menacing feeling.

The initial run-in was like... coming up to a security guard in a building you were not supposed to be in.  It was more like coming upon a person.  I felt a barraige of  "YOU WILL NOT COME IN HERE", A wall of it was the best thing I an describe it with.  It litterally felt like it went from the floor to the ceiling and covered up most of the hallway, eminating from the middle.  I could... look at the walls along the hallway and almost sense less hostilitiy, but looking directly down the hall was one of those choking in the throat kinds of feelings, hard to look at it for long.  

Um, the building had a couple of additions.  I thnik the original building was from 1870-1880, then the second part of the building was from 1890.  The third edition was built in 1920 I think?  I do not know any other history on it.... hmm I should look it up, becuase I felt more in that school that the school that was "known" to be haunted.

#40 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:52 AM

my theory is that everyone FEELS the presence, but due to different mind programming we all respond different.
Posted Image

#41 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:05 PM

Hey-ya, Hawky...NUH UH! You can see unfamiliar presences as they were in life, I can only do that for a person I knew in life otherwise its a shadow with facial/sexual characteristics, but that's not always the case. Maybe its a matter of the way we take in information or the difference in the way our minds work?

I had no problems sniffing things out in August, even in mid-sept, but lately its beena little hazey.

Hiya, Ankthra, I know what you mean, my friend, the talking out loud thing is a little disconcerting to most people*LOL*
But, since we believe they can at least see our surface thoughts, why not just project the thought/sentiment to the presence and wait for the aloud questions when you're 'working'?

Out of curiousity, did you get any kind of impression of age
or time period from the challenging presence? When you mentioned the security guard analogy, my hunting ears kind of perked and a lot of schools do have security guards, but it could have also been a teacher or a student as well. Did
the person you were working with happen to mention anything,
a sudden sense of cold/heat or an irrational/unexplained surge of emotion while in that hallway? It sounds like it was pretty dang powerful.

Hi, Moon...I think you have something there

#42 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 12 December 2003 - 08:46 PM

I think ghost are able to see and hear us. Also different ghost react to our presences differently. It depends on there personality. Some of them are uninterested to our presence, they just move about with there routine. They just strut by without a glance in our direction. I also have seen and felt like some of them are afraid, or better yet confused; they like to hide away and don’t want to be bothered. And then there are the ghosts that DO NOT WANT YOU AROUND AT ALL. These I believe attribute to most of the ghost stories I have heard. I have been in the presence of these more than once. The most memorable time was when I went to check out a haunted house in North Carolina. The house was actually converted into a set of business offices and it was late in the evening when I arrived. The house was locked but I decided to walk onto the porch and have a peek into the window. When I looked in I was hit. With a blinding light. I felt that someone, dark and angry, was about 2 inches in front of me screaming and yelling. I stepped back and through up my arms to defend myself. I was very rattled and scared and I took the warning to heart (I couldn’t get in the house anyway). I turned and left, but it was still standing on the porch watching me. He was probably feeling very full of himself…. but I’ll be back when the time is right.

My favorite type of ghost is the inquisitive or curious type. They kind of follow you around, move things, or make small noises just to se what you will do. When I was a teenager I was at a party at an older farmhouse I rural Wisconsin with friends. I had a couple of beers and was ready to take the trip upstairs to go to the bathroom. As I was walking up the stairs I noticed that someone was about three steps behind me. My first reaction was to get to the bathroom before them. I really had to go. At the top of the stairs I made aright turn and kind of glanced over my shoulder to see who it was. Just my luck it was a she. I thought well I might as well be cavalier about this and decided I would let her go first. I turned around and said “Hi”. She was about 16 –17 years in age and wearing a dress. Her long dark hair was curly and fell past her shoulders. Her face was a little plain but she was giving me one of those coy half grins. I am surprised on how much I remember from the ½ second I saw her. Poof! She was gone. I smiled, and I had the feeling that she was playing a game. I went back to the farmhouse a couple of times and always felt like there was a little game going on. It was like hide and seek. I would catch a glimpse or sense something behind me, but when I turned in that direction nothing would be there. I imagined that she would laugh and giggle that I didn’t catch her. I asked the owners if they ever had any strange experiences, but they gave me that “What the hell are you talking about look?”. So I just let it be.

As you can probably tell I am a better talker then a writer. I guess what I am trying to say here is yes ghost can see us and hear us. How they respond to you depends on their personality. I also would like to add that it doesn’t hurt to be a little polite. Say “Hi” , “How are you doing?” or "Sorry" if you feel that they are mad at you. Who knows what type of reaction you may get. If you don’t get a reaction from the ghost you surely will get a reaction from the people around you.

#43 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:29 PM

Hi, Sammy,
I'm inclined to agree that from their own place, they can see/hear us since there are too many instances of a spirit knowing about things invented long after their deaths that were most likely learned from observation, but is the same thing*at least seeing*can they actually see if they manifest
in our world? They can hear...I've heard and collected too many EVP's of a spirit answering a question.

GOOD LAIRD! What a phenomonally cool encounter

#44 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:29 AM

??? 8)

I think like you Moon. Every one; but different strokes for different folks.. :P ;D To many demtions out there to try and offend the dead...
    They are defintly  watching us ' amoung other things. :o :o :o ;) ;)
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#45 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:55 AM

I agree, we all feel a spirit's presence and in different ways as well*I've one close friend who feels a shooting chill down his spine to his tail, but other's who feel as though the air is charged with electricity*

Would you all agree that manifestation is an attempt to communicate in itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users