whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 11:19 AM

Hi, Guys,
I've never seen a true residual haunting, but I have kind of
a nodding aquaintance with how they come to be, death+strong
emotion<especially determination>+environmental factors=potential residual haunting or ghost>Its not quite the old wives tale of unfinished business since the residual's an Event rather than a spirit and the Event is replayed through a number of possible criterion, from its anniversary to atmospheric conditions, to events in a descendant's life. It must be a fascinating phenomonon to observe.

My questions are these, is there any indication of where it may take place, other than the accounts of eye-witnesses*of course you would seek to confirm any findings or interviews
with further interviews with others or investigating the area*As an example, on a scouting trip, a friend pointed out a tree in a cemetary and there was always a cold spot in
the same location on the same branch of this tree. I whipped out my ir thermometer, air temp was a balmy 75, but the tell tale spot read at 37. Hmm, thinks I and concentrated on other parts of the branch, but the readings ranged from mid 70's to high 60's. A Sensitive with us saw that it was used for hanging, but uncertain if it was a lynching from pioneer days or a hate crime from the last century or both. Unfortunately, we never got to go back to this particular cemetary, though I'm hoping for a return trip.

The next question is, are residuals strictly visual, I've heard of and even witnessed doors slamming*especially a basement door in Chisholm, Mn Is this a residual? Or merely a spirit or spirits who haven't realized their bodies have died?

Your thoughts?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 01:08 PM

well, whispers - you know how i feel about residuals.  the only hauntings that i get good visuals out of are residuals - precisely because they are not sentient hauntings and have a different root cause.

i get emotional residuals more than visuals, though.  sometimes this translates into temperature differences, like the tree you mentioned or like the spot in my friend's house that made people nervous and cold.  

i think that the primary difference between residuals and sentient hauntings is that residuals don't always have to be caused / associated with death.  true, death or violence can easily cause a residual, but so can someone's repeated angry outbursts, abuse, elation, melancholy, and nervousness.  

i'm one of those people that interrupts radio signals and TV rabbit ear reception - so it's easy to see where someone like myself could simply "impress" residual emotional energy - visual or otherwise - on a place or building.

this is my take on it - based largely on my own experience - and you KNOW i'm willing to discuss at length, my friend!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 01:45 PM

Hi, Owlie, Well I always welcome your insights and explanations, Amiga.

I agree that the residual's I've heard have had more of an emotional cause...including the apparition of a young girl now a grown woman*Orlando area*who's parents died in a fire
when she was 9. The parents had faught constantly and the fire was proven to be arson. I'm not sure if this could be qualified as a Residual or a doppelganger since she's alive,
but I see it more as being caused by melancholy or the anxiety she experienced at that age with the anger and resentment of her parents for one another.

I remember you mentioning that a few times, OG and, as I recall, electrical appliances didn't fare to well in that spot, either...if I may ask, is that still the case?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 December 2003 - 03:24 AM

Certain events, when the conditions are right, are "recorded" into the surrounding environment by some unknown means.The events from a particular time are thus "stored" until a person very sensitive to these "recordings" will somehow play the event back visually and see the particular event and thus will most likely translate it as a haunting. A residual haunting is a playback of a past event.  The apparitions involved are not spirits, they are "recordings" of the event. A residual haunting can be compared to a movie being played over and over again......
Posted Image

#5 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:19 AM

WHISPERS.....

I believe that some people are gifted with this. As for me, the other night I was lying in bed when these shadows started passing over my head and across the wall. There was nothing there that could of gave these off. They started tripping me out and I couldn't sleep. i got up and low and behold..my house was full of smoke. I heat with coal/wood stove.Warn me or what?

As for a possible reason to there existance: I think the neurons of the genetic pool threw outer electrical impulses is largly to blame.Parapsychologist propose that a certain cluster of neurons contain sufficient holographic info. that can envoke an entire sensory memory or "ghost memory"Outside engery picked up and stored in memory , passed on by DNA.
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:51 AM

Hi, Moon, While I agree that certain elements in the immediate environment are better batteries or conduits, if you will*water or rock, especially*in this case of phenomonon. I'm not sure I agree that it has to be a person
sensitive to these kinds of emotions or emanations, though I'd be willing to go with it would happen more frequently if
a sensitive were present*LOL*At the risk of making this sound like a behavioral experiment, I think it may be a matter of being in the right place at the right time when the criterion for recurrance is present.

Hi, Shtina [smiley=cwm19.gif] What an incredibly neat thing, did you hear anything, did you wake suddenly*no disrespect intended*Could it have been smoke? If I can ask, how far is the stove from your bedroom? Do you have a haunt there? Aside from the necessary round of 20 questions, it does sound like someone was warning you about the smoke[smiley=cwm9.gif]

Hmmm...now that's very intriguing, it may even*given the object or environment*be an explanation for telemetry, if its possible for that cluster of neurons to be more sensitive in other people [smiley=cwm26.gif]

#7 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 20 December 2003 - 03:42 PM

HEY,WHISPERS.. HAD A GOSTLY DAY? :) :D

???HAUNTS AROUND HERE? :o ;) :D JUST THE USUALS... YOU KNOW ... THE ONES YOU CAN'T SEE.[glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow] ;D ;D ;D[glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow]

Really, it was not smoke. Usual question though..
I had just layed down. couldn't sleep. bedroom door open and two rooms from the stove.Help any? ;Djust messing around.

Hummmmm......Telemetry? or telepathy?
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 08:53 AM

Hi, Shtina,
try this [color+=name color] say what you want[+/color+]

UGH...Glow gave me fits when I started, hit the glow icon, change color if you want, type in what you want to glow and end with[/glow]

Naw, no worries, Hun, I was looking for alternate possibilities as far as the shadows you described...is your place shared with someone who's name isn't on the mortgage? OMG...there were civil war skirmishes and battles in KY, if I were out there I'd be hunting for residuals, wanna trade, Amiga. We do have a genuine haunted house in San Diego, 2 schools with haunts and 2 hotels [smiley=cwm29.gif]

Ah...now that's a debate that can go on and on, whether telemetry is telepathy or an ability all on its own

#9 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:31 PM

::) ::)Whispers... I was sure you,d get that one. ;D ;D
     Sure, you betcha, my place is shared wiht others not on my deed. Not the living either. There are a lot of haunted places here to, but the problem is where? Not many folk talk openly abuot such things round here. :-X

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 08:12 AM

Hi, Shtina, Googles an EXCEPTIONALLY good search engine and I'll pm you a list if you'd like. HEY! LOL*I saw that! [smiley=cwm15.gif] What do you know about the house's history? Do you know the previous owner?

Human beings are an odd breed, my friend and while I think many investigators use a healthy dose of skepticism when going over their own evidence and the evidence of others, we're open to the possibility that there may not be a rational/explainable element involved. Paranormal is hardly
an everyday word, so maybe the owner of a place where the previous owners have yet to leave, just doesn't want to look
like a nutbag by talking about hearing voices when no one's home or a spot on the floor that's always cold no matter how
high the heat's cranked up. Another possibility is privacy, I mean, lets say someone overheard a reference to some sort of unusual activity you could well be bombarded by phone calls, have to be chasing off reporters and wanna-be ghostchasers from your property

#11 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:29 PM

Whispers.. Yeah, pm a list please.Greatly apperciated.

The land has been in the family a long time. Most guest are relatives. Not to worry about reporters and such, not to many interested around here or they have yet to prove me wrong in saying that.
           Thanks Again buddy.

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:48 AM

Hey, Shtina,
Hmmm...pmed you the list yesterday afternoon...well list of one but its a good one, there's also posting in GV's own Haunted Locations as I think there are a few Villagers from your neck of the woods or close to it. But I'll see what I can turn up as well.

Hmmm...have any of your older relatives mentioned anything unusual that happened there, murder or some sort of violent crime, even something really traumatizing??

No worries, 'Miga, that's what friends are for [smiley=cwm26.gif]

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 11:15 AM

I'm not sure if my encounter with the Night Marchers was residual.  It meets the mold - ancient soldiers marching in formation along the same trails.  However, they left footprints in the sand.  Some friends have even told me of individual Night Marchers leaving the pack and following them.

You can read the details of my encounter under the ghost section of my web site.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:50 PM

Hullo, Aloha,
I know very little of the Night Marchers save that they were a bodyguard assigned to ranking priests or royalty when they travelled. I always thought they were kind of a South Pacific equivalent of the Wild Hunt in Celtic Myth, but you've seen them. The emotional energy's there*the Determination to protect their charge*as well as the environmental factors*water since its along the coast*Were you out of their path?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users