Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Calling The Name

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 10:04 AM

I want to know if it is wise to call the name of a ghost when they tell you there name or name the name of others who may be present.  Apparently there is a ghost in my house by the name of Catherine.  I found this out by tapes I sent to krcguns (who was so kind to take the time out and clean them up for me). I don't know if calling the name will cause problems, or will it allow me to get more information to put together the pieces as to what has happened to the person.  I would really like to know what others think about this.

Blessed Be~
[smiley=cwm9.gif]

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 December 2003 - 10:34 AM

With the knowledge that I have, I guess there is no harm in calling names with a ghost. :)
Posted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 10:41 AM

Interesting question, IceWing,
I can only give you my own thought on the matter, but if the
presence in question is giving you a name, I think its only polite to call them that or use it in conversation, they're still people.

It is a possibility that the given name may not be real, but it will do for the time being. If I can ask, IWG, what kind of problems were you forseeing/worrying about if you used the name you gave?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:50 PM

Hi Whispers.

I wasn't sure if calling the name of the person would cause them to become more active than usual.  I didn't want to be asking that person questions one day and on days that I don't want to talk have them get angry because I choose not to communicate.  I think it's great that I finally have a name, but I am not sure where to look as far as getting info to whether or not they actually lived there.  I don't know when she died, where she was born, or how old she was.  I guess these are questions I should ask to see if she will respond.  I will try and see what happens.  Thanx:-)

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:54 PM

Hi. IceWing,
Ahhh...I see what you mean and its an excellent point and with that kind of a spin on it, I'm honestly not sure, Amiga
as the closest I've been to that situation was spending a week in a haunted house and the spirits there were pretty amenable to I'm busy/too tired from what I understood from the owner. My own take is that she/they'd be fine as long as
there was at least some level of interaction/attention paid,
but that's total speculation on my part, depending on Katherine's personality, age and what not.

Is there just the one entity that you can tell? And what kind of activity have you noticed so far??
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:09 PM

I myself see no problem in calling the spirit by name.

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:47 PM

My friends brother still visits her and its never stopped us yelling at him...for that matter I've given my brother a good tongoue lashing a time or two since his death
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:55 AM

Hi, Masque*You know, I'd imagine that's very therapeutic to do and it is okay to be mad at someone for dying*and I'm sure he knew you meant it out of love...or that he knew chicks are just mean [smiley=cwm27.gif] dodges smack to back of head and runs off*LOL*All in fun, G

#9 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:27 AM

Actually I only yell at my brother over the car...you know you'd think he'd help me find the stupid title
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:58 AM

As far as I can tell from the EVPs I have gotten, there are three spirits.  A woman, a child and a man.  The male spirit seems to speak more.  The house has been quite the past couple of days and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if they are still there.  If they are they are remaining quiet.  The only thing that I have noticed is a hand print on the kitchen window.  My son's hand is bigger than the print and mine is too.  I kinda miss all of the noise in the house.

#11 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:42 PM

i've found that calling a spirit by name usually causes no harm and actually may help if you're having problems with the spirits surprising you or anything else!

i have a "neighborhood" spirit named carla -- she "floats" through irregularly during the day.  she's helpful, and i find that calling her name causes the room to have a kind of rosy feeling about it - and then she leaves.  i like her to be around -- she's turned off my coffee pot when it's been on too long, and turns on my radio if the house is too quiet.  she's never caused much trouble, and i always give her the polite consideration of calling her by her name.

i'm sure that your spirits would welcome a personal greeting, IWG!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:40 AM

Owlie...that's a really good point! Calling the presence by name is a form of recognition of their presence there and that would almost always be considered a good thing [smiley=cwm9.gif]

Icewing...Handprint?? There was a handprint? HOLY HECK! If I can ask, was it permanent? Did it fade shortly after you noticed it?

Masque-Um...not to sound disrespectful*said from a safe distance away*have you asked him about it? Was he kind of absent-minded at times?

#13 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:20 PM

Whispers, oh yeah I asked him, "Where the @#$% did the title go"   and absent minded is putting it mildly, we found about 50 parking tickets in the back of the car all unpaid for parking in the wrong area on street cleaining day, that's a YEARS worth, plus a library book that the fine was more than the book...and that's just the beginning so absent minded is good
Posted Image

Myspace

Posted Image

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:03 PM

"As in life, so in death." I didn't realize that something like absent-mindedness was included in those personality traits, but apparently it is*LOL*

• Guests

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:21 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to GV.  It has been a really busy couple of weeks and I still have a lot to do.  Whispers the hand print is gone now.  I have check the window and it is no more.  The hand print was small than the hands of anyone in my house so I know it didn't come from us.  I don't here much noise and I don't know if it is because I am not really paying them any mind or are they gone.  I don't think they are because christmas eve when I was sitting in the living room looking at the tree, it got really cold especially around my face.  It felt like someone was blowing air into my face.  I got scared and ran the hell out of the living room.  Unfortunately I scared the crap out of my son who was on the verge of tears.  I had to tell him that I forgot something upstairs and I wanted to run up to get some exercise.  I thought that was really strange.  I mean I have felt them there behind me or beside me before but this was different.  I didn't feel fear from the what was there, I got scared because the attempted contact with me was stronger than before and I could not see anything there.  I think it was a friendly encounter that I took overboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users