• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:20 AM

I thought I would research my parents property, the forest, maybe understand the haunts.
Never did I think my family would get so involved in this. My daughter and husband are great researchers with good ideas.
We have mentioned to others that we are researching. Just the mention of "has anything strange ever happened?" has resulted in a big bag of puzzle pieces being dumped on our laps! WOW! The ghosts in those woods are naughty! I realize the stories I have been hearing are exagerated out of the memory of fright.
Biggest thing I have learned so far is that I was so involved in "me" while I lived in that house, that I ignored what was around me, what was going on, how it effected my family and neighbors I loved. Lesson learned. Time to listen, learn, and love more.

#17 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:51 AM

OK but you are going to remember to share. Are you staying there often because it not to far for me to get too if you need help look things up, just tell me whwt to do.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#18 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:05 PM

Thank you so so much Dodi! I will take you up on that offer soon and do appreciate it! Found out the forest is on the earlyly settlement trail. I am meeting one of the last property owners of the jenkins road/harold parker area (before it was sold off in lots) farms hopefully tomorrow for coffee. Only 70+ years of history there but maybe a good start.

#19 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:31 PM

Contacted the previous owner of the dog today. When we took her into our home last spring she was 9 lbs under weight, nervous, very stressed. (By the way the vet said she is healthy &"perfect" now) Everyone thought it was due to a recent move and new baby coming to that family. Tall men with hats & sunglasses/beards/mustaches that come at her for a "hello what a nice dog" terrify her. Many asked us if she was rescued from an abusive home.
I asked the previous owner straight foward today on the phone if the dog had been exposed to anything "strange or unusual". The answer was a 45 minute conversation about 2 ghosts the dog has had to live with, the last one right before we took her in was very bad, and they gave me an actual discription. Very tall, dark face, hat, looks like a very evil scarecrow. My husband noticed similar behavoir when something spooked her in the forest last week to when we first took her in.
So now I am looking into the history of a forest, my dogs former owners old house, and why a mean scarecrow looking ghost would follow a family house to house. Looks like I have something to do for the winter!!!!!!
will keep the dog as far away as possible from all properties mentioned above!

#20 Tomteta

Tomteta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigating. hanging out with friends playing guitar and singing

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:24 AM

I was thinking about going there this summer with some people. Now is the whole state park supposed to ahve some activity or is it certain areas that you have to be in.
Posted Image

#21 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:35 PM

i have read about activity being strong just inside the main gates on andover rt 125 entrance. Also,try the new avis trails near the old soapstone mill (not sure where entrance to trail is,( I just cut through my parents land).

#22 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:46 AM

Hey Boombalu, Anything new happening and how is your Pup doing? Better I hope. Let us know what's up. KK
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#23 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:16 AM

actually was able to spend a short amount if time at the historical society saturday, found out that my moms house may be the former site of the gravel pit of the old soapstone mill. also, slaves involved in the underground railroad were told to follow the skug river (a stones throw from the house) to the jenkins property.Have had my nose buried in the history of andover book since. Turns out that all three locationsI have wanted to research (harold parker, north andover site, and south lawrence portland street) all use to be andover.
Went across the street to an amazing new age book store and picked up a ghost hunter book too. The cashier asked me what area I was hunting and told him harold parker. he was very very very serious warning me that there are some true haunts in there. Had my daughter with me so couldnt ask him any details, dont want her spooked.
Looked through old photos taken at my moms house and have one with an amazing face in it, looking through the window! really spooky!!! but dont want to post until I look at the rest of the photos from that roll of film. Just in case any double exposure, reflextions etc. trying to keep a level head about it. having a hard time tracking down rest of snapshots though!
My pup is wonderful. took advise and brought her back there during the day and played. She was just a bit jumpy thanksgiving, but happy.
hoping to be back at the historical society saturday. will keep you posted!!!!

#24 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

Awsome, thanks for the update. I'm very happy to hear your pup is doing better. Wish I had a car, I'de love to go back to the Forest and look around, maybe when I have the luck to get a car again. Keep up with your investigating and let us know what you find. Good luck, I know how much time and work this takes.

#25 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:28 PM

after the crazy holiday season me & mr boombalu would be happy to pick you up and take you for a tour. could be a fun day!

#26 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:02 PM

That sounds awsome, thank you! :D

#27 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:16 AM

ok folks, a fast update the half hair brain attempt I have made on research.
1) I have looked through many photos taken from the house and have one that shows a face looking in the window that is beyond crazy!!!! Will not post until I can find the entire roll of film it camefrom and negative with in case it is a developing error or something. I feel like I am looking at ink blobs at the shrinks office!!!!
2) Two books on andover history explain that slaves were told to follow the skug river (a stones throw from the house) to the safe house at the old jenkins property in back. There were house to house searches for these runaways. This may explain some of the things I have heard and seen (or thought I have seen) over the years there. I am still searching for info though. Still think somthing rather bad happened on the property, somthing with the feeling of fear, stress, saddness.
well anyway, will go there today and bring happiness and fun. Thats all I can do for now! will get rest of photos to go through too.

#28 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:20 AM

Dodi,
Lets make plans for after 1/1/05. I am going swimming in Boston (I think, if its below thirty degrees or snow no way!) on New years day in boston with the L street gang. Think about weekends after that you may be free and get back to me so we can plan something.

#29 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:51 AM

Sounds great and my husband just got a car today. Getting it on the road this week I hope so I can meet you there on my own. Just give me a time and directions. My e mail is Dolphinluv58@aol.com if you want to send it there. :)

#30 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:47 AM

new wheels for christmas! Nice!!!! will email you soon. good luck with the new car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users