to host?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ugp

ugp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:52 PM

ok, Im curious. When you have a group come to your house or just an individual. WHat is the normal thing to do while they are there, do you take care of the nights sleep weather a couch or bed? or do you take care of any costs? Are most people going to be local? so no nights stay is needed? Im just wondering what happens once you ask someone to come and investagate?
thanks everyone

ugp
Underground Peoplemake it happen

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:40 PM

Hi, UPG,
For an Investigation/Cleaning do you mean? Ideally its a local group, if not or they're going to be working in shifts, I'm honestly not sure.

A lot of groups won't charge, per se, but may ask for costs
like gas or film development or batteries, but I got nothin'
as far as motel/lodging costs goes...but I'd negotiate that before they set foot in the door to save time and confusion
later on.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:45 PM

I would be careful of anyone, or group charging you for their services.  When our group does an investigation we are only there for a few hours and do not accept money for our services.  Nothing is expected from the homeowner except honesty.  A soft drink for refreshment is always appreciated, but not expected. ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 ugp

ugp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:00 PM

thanks flyingorb and whispers,I thought that most people would be local, I just didnt know if I was expected to provide anything other than my home.

thanks again.
ugp
Underground Peoplemake it happen

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:39 PM

Myself and my group are strictly non-charging.  We do let people know that if they would like to donate to us a bit that it is just to cover expenses.  Kind of like leaving a tip for the waitress at the restaurant for good service.  It does get spendy when you think of gas, film, videotape,batteries (lots of those), film developing, the cost of buying equipment, etc. So it is the "nice" thing to do but it is never necessary and doesn't change the "service" that we give to anyone whether they donate a little or not.  The only necessary thing to provide is the home.  It is also nice if you offer something to drink but hey, you don't have to anything but open the door.  We were really surprised on our investigation we had last Saturday, she baked a cake and offered drinks, it was pretty nice.  That is just how we do it and not everyone does it the way we do it but I think it is more the norm than the exception. [smiley=cwm9.gif]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:43 PM

I think this is a pretty relevant article on what to look for and expect from a paranormal research group:

http://www.ghostvill..._11242003.shtml
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users