apartment problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ugp

ugp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:00 PM

This is my second time trying to post this story.  Both times I have tried to post this story, my computer has erased the story.  This is just one of the many strange occurances leading me to seek out outside opinions.  My girlfriend and I have been in this certain apartment complex for over a year or so yet only in this unit for about 2 months or so.  We moved into this apartment to have a first floor apartment for the dog and to simply get off the third floor.  Before we moved, we decided to seek out the location of the new apt.  We walked by the front door, only to notice that there was a strange sign on the door.  Not an apartment generated note, but a handwritten note saying "This apartment is being monitored for suspicious activity"...we thought this we very odd.  We walked around the back of the apartment to notice the mini-blinds were open and a light was on.  As we looked inside, we noticed that it was predominately empty save for some items which looked like trash bags and abandoned junk.  We decided to ask the front office about this strange note.  They told us that the apt. was being illegally subletted and the original person on the lease was moving out.  This didn't really answer the original question - What suspicious activity?
We moved into our new home in the middle of the month.  Three days later the electric was shut off.  This was due to a mix up between the electric company and our apartment complex.  We slept in our new apartment with no lights or any electric.  It was a quiet night for us.  My girlfriend told me to "Look at the ceiling"...on the ceiling there was a mist....a blackish mist like a shadow.  The shadow was a very small shadow, but at one point, it seemed to take the shape of a man and almost, wave at us.  Then it would form a non-solid shape and float back and forth and back and forth.  We thought it was a candle, but the candle was no where near the location of the shadow and the shadow moved around in about a 4-foot circumference.  My girlfriend and I decided to get up after watching it for awhile and go underneath it.  As I lay there about to get up, I felt as though I was being held down.  A sharpness was felt in the creases of my elbows (where the arm bends) and the room was cold.  There was also a MOST destinct scent of urine.  We thought the dog may have urinated his bed while he was asleep, but after looking, the dog was hadn't urinated.  The windows were open, but the smell was simply overwhelming, as if we were directly on it.  We got up anyway and as we stood underneath the spot, I suddenly felt the urge for fresh air.  I felt as though my legs were solid and I couldn't move them.  It was very difficult to get myself going outside, but we made it.  Then this is where I can't seem to remember much --my girlfriend tells me that I was walking around, sweating profusely and mumbling.  We went back inside after a few minutes and settled back into bed where we continued to watch the shadow on the ceiling.  My girlfriend drifted to sleep and I watch the shadow for about another three hours.  --This is only the first experience as there have been many since this night.  Some experiences have been even more disturbing than this one.  Items have moved, a second mist was seen, voices and laughter have been heard.  Odd noises that HAD to come from within the room have occured.  Someone standing up from a chair in the living room seen from the bedroom in a mirrored wall.  Not to mention the animal's behavior.  We have a dog and a cat and both are regularly disturbed and uneasy.  They always seem to be looking in directions where there isn't anything and are freightened alot of the time.  We have even gone so far as to have the locks changed as doors have been opened during the night and while we are away.  We are both very cautious people, so leaving doors unlocked that many times is highly unlikely.  The apartment management is difficult to get any help from as the staff is constantly changing and where one person is helpful, they may be gone before anything is resolved.  The current office manager is supposedly contacting the police department to find out if perhaps there were any violent crimes that occured in the apartment.  We also think there could have been a squatter previously living in the apartment before us, as due to the condition of the apartment as seen in our 'walk-by'.  We are not sure as to what to do now.  
Underground Peoplemake it happen

#2 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:29 AM

Dude, you've got a serious problem on your hands here. Your apartment is haunted but the part that worries me is when you said you couldn't remember walking around and mumbling outside. Sounds like possession to me. The smell of urine that accompanied the phenomena is an indicator of an evil spirit. Seek help immediately, if you can't get any I suggest you move out.

The note on the door is highly strange as well. It sounds to me like the management is well aware that there were strange happenings in that unit before you moved in.

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:36 AM

[MOVE]Welcome to GV, UPG[/MOVE]

DANG! It sounds like you have a legitimate Haunt or haunts as the case may be [smiley=cwm3.gif]

I'm nowhere near an expert on hauntings or spirit activity but this is very intriguing. As far as the moved objects, are you actually seeing them being moved or is it a matter of reaching for the water glass you and your g/f both know was on the bedside table, to find that it was moved to the kitchen?

Hmmm...is there a more active area in the apartment or does the activity seem focused on your bedroom, my only thought would be to have a voice activated recorder running in the hot spot, so maybe you can learn more about your flatmates.

Olfactory components aren't unheard of in a haunting, is the smell of urine a standard thing for that part of the apartment, has it recurred? The squatter theory is a possibility, but from what I've seen-at least out here-they
prefer a more out of the way place to sleep, abandoned building/alley.

As far as the note from management goes, it does seem
to imply they knew something was going on above and beyond the normal...maybe they were worried that words like haunted
would scare off perspective renters :-/

Its not unusual for a pet to react strangely to paranormal activity/presences...but 3 months is certainly long enough to get used to the previous renters, have their reactions calmed down or are they still showing threat reactions and acting on edge?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:37 PM

ugp - i TOTALLY feel for you, and i'm going to offer my advice on the basis of TWO HAUNTED APARTMENTS that i lived in and broke the lease on.

like your experience, my first haunted apartment was surrounded by mysterious activity -- the gas company said that the gas was never shut off by the previous tennants, it had sat empty for an irregular amount of months (especially for a college town where cheap rents are at a premium).  the carpet had been shampooed and left sopping wet -- only parts of the unit were repainted, one wall in a bedroom was covered with powder.  we had many animals die in the apartment, i became hostile with my roomies, etc... the apartment was even sold and bought without our knowing it.  eventually the damages in the apartment went unfixed for so long and the haunted activity was so bad that we could legally move without paying excessive penalty on our lease.

you should investigate (as you are) with the local police, the land lord, and also look online at your state and local tenant's bill of rights.  you may be able to break your lease with minimal penalty if you can prove that there was an unsavory circumstance surrounding your unit that was not disclosed to you at the time of the signing of your lease.

try to get out as soon as you can, and in the meantime -- try to have someone bless the apartment or use protective charms or prayers to keep the entity(s) away from you during the night.

good luck!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#5 ugp

ugp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

Here is an update to the story, I just talked to the apartment manager who, was no help, she said that she talked to other employees but they knew nothing other than a very disguntaled tenet, that got very angry when evicted. This weekend was very high in activity, friday a convaer belt machine sounded as if it was comming from a wall, only 6inches thick. Then early saterday morning I awoke to what I thought my gf was talking though right as I looked up a large flash popped (much like an olympus camra*)up, no noise, once my eyes readjusted there was nothing there. Today(monday) as Im taking a shower with the door closed, I witnessed my shower curtin open about 4inches towards me, then a very very cool draft on my backside with gave me the chills.I opened the curtin, no cat or dog in the room, the door locked and the heat on. No one other than me in the house. My gf brought up a good point today, that the majority of the things seen or heard have been by me only. She thought that it might be due to me being more sensitive to items like these.In the last few years (8) I been having more and more run in.s (if you will) with spirits,than she has. All in the Dallas area other than one, which was in an old church, I belive it was in corpus christi(younger (12) on a church blind retreat(never knew the area most of the way). We are in N.Texas the Dallas metro area and are looking for groups that might be interested in looking furthur into our apartment. Please email us if you have anyone that you would reccomend. BTW my behavior has also changed as my gf will agree, ive become more hostile and moody.
Underground Peoplemake it happen

#6 Starbrite

Starbrite

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:38 PM

Hello!

This is UGP's girlfriend and I am hoping that someone will have some input for us as we are baffled as to what to do.  

These experiences have been quite disturbing and the thought of possesion is even more so scary.  I have, myself, witnessed a few things as well as hearing things.  But I know that my bf is much more ......able to see and experience more than myself.  He has some stories that will make you SHIVER!  He has seen actual apparitions at least 3-5 times.  And I most def. believe him and I am concerned for our well-being.

If ANYONE has ANY advice...it would most def. be appreciated.

#7 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:57 PM

hey ugp and starbrite -

the apartment that i mentioned in my last post here was a place where i experienced similar feelings of hostility and other haunted activity.  there are several things you can do without the aid of others, and there are things you can do with a group that will help you out.

first of all, you need to put up protective charms or talismans in every room.  if you guys are christian, this might mean putting up crosses or other religious objects that are meaningful to YOU.  when you put the charm objects up (over the doors are a good idea) be sure to say a prayer or declare that the room is off limits to hostile activity, banishing the spirit from the room.  this won't keep them out, but it will serve as a reminder or a protection to keep things from getting worse than they are.

** whatever you do should be in accord with YOUR OWN FAITH - WHATEVER THAT MAY BE.  if your prayers or talismans or rites don't have to do with your faith THEY WILL NOT WORK!**

when you experience the activity, talk to the spirit directly and ask it to leave you alone.  more than likely this was not the previous tenant's fault - - this haunting has probably caused some rifts with tenants before you.  confront it firmly but politely.  it will be aware that you are onto its possible motives.

the best thing you can do is not to show fear - to confront the spirits with a daily dose of prayer and affirmation that you are the master of your domain and that the spirit's evil intentions are not welcome or useful.

if you don't mind me asking, is this a newer complex or an older building?

best of luck to you -- IM me if you need more advice!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#8 Starbrite

Starbrite

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:12 PM

Hello Everyone!! ;)

Thank you so much for your input!  We have been anxiously awaiting! Today's events have been MOST disturbing.  UGP was telling me the story and I could tell it has moved him in a new way.  The shower curtain moving on it's own has got to be the most 'personal' encounters other than the being held down experience.
Possession is a powerful and very real thing I believe and this has me worried.  The both of us were sitting talking wishing we had some sort of reference to go by....a book perhaps.  We both grew up in homes where this sort of thing wasn't talked about too much, and I was taught that ghosts and spirits in this realm weren't real.  My inner self knows this to be false.  I just wish I was more educated in this matter.

We are are still at a stand-still as to what to do.  The charms and talisms (crosses) are a good idea we might have to try.  I hear silver wards off evil??  Is this just a myth?  We are also interested in having someone come take a look...maybe some pictures.

Thanks again for all the input!!
:)

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:28 AM

[move]Hi, Starbrite and welcome to GV [smiley=cwm9.gif][/move]

That is most certainly an intrusive measure with the shower curtain and I can see how upg'd find it disturbing if someone not on the lease decided to shower with him. That's an exceptionally good point and something I was going to ask that myself, is upg sensitive to spirits, is he a latent channel, was the sweatyiness and strange monologue your first night there an attempt by these presences to communicate with/through you.

I'm not trying to punk either one of you, but what leads you to believe that this activity is Supernatural in origin
rather than paranormal? In either case, OwlGoddess has a very valid point about dealing with this entity firmly, yet
politely and to not show fear. A religious icon is a good idea for protection and to keep your housemates off-guard...
if you're really feeling uncomfortable/threatened by this entity/ies, you may even want to try reading scripture or some sort of sacred text<even sacred music>but this is not without risk. Before you try this, however, try recording and talking to them as OG suggested.

Salt's a good warding element as are any sacred objects/symbols or fetishes as long as it has significance to you and you have faith in what it represents and that will work on either supernatural/paranormal presence.

You mentioned the sound of a conveyer belt kind of machine.
Was there some sort of factory built there originally, I'm wondering? I think you need to do a bit of research to find your answers...good luck and please keep us posted [smiley=cwm39.gif]

Whispers of Fire

Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:58 AM

Ugp, I have someone in your area who used to be the President of the washington state ghost society, but has since had to relocate to Texas for work reasons. He's had many years studying the paranormal, but he hasn't had time to start another group. I highly recommend talking to him, maybe he can give you some insights. I believe he is in the Dallas area. Let me know if you're interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users