Free Skins
© Fisana

Why Some Questions And Not All?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:49 AM

I was wondering why ghost/spirits only answer certain questions.  I usually ask the same questions when I am trying to get EVPs.  The question I get the most responses to is can you tell me something about yourself.  I have yet to get a name and I don't know if this is because the presence doesn't remember the name they were called by or they just don't want to tell.  Many times when recording I can feel the presence but they don't speak.  I also wanted to know how come it takes so long for a response to a question.  What I was thinking maybe a possible reason is that although they are there it may take some time for my question to get to them.  I want to know what others think about this matter :-/

#2 snap43nib

snap43nib

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:08 PM

I honestly don't know maybe because they are like humans, and like to be difficult?
I'm trapped in my American Nightmare Running Scared.

#3 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:52 PM

I have very little experience with EVP's so I wasn't even aware that this was a problem.  Maybe you're right, IceWingGales.  Maybe it does take a long time to get to them.  My though is also that maybe it just takes them a long time to answer because it seems that they would need a large amount of energy to do so.  It makes me think of when the batteries in my camera are low.  I push the button, but the flash has to charge so it takes a while before the shot goes off.  Maybe some spirits either dont want to or don't know how to draw the energy to answer you.

As for no names, maybe the names are so insignificant to them that they just don't attach themselves to them anymore.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:39 PM

I don't know IceWing, but it seems to me that if there are such things as spirits, they are some sort of energy form that has transformed from their previous physical body that is maybe not so important in the larger scheme of things. They are either stuck in some kind of residual patterns from their previous life, or are in transition going somewhere else and therefore are a different being and a previous name isn't necessarily important.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:05 PM

Good Question and time dead may well have a lot to do with the presence not answering*though I've heard of EVP's of a spirit answering that they don't remember, or simply 'don't know'*it can also be a matter of the spirit just not wanting to answer, are you reversing the EVP as well? I am not claiming these are actually valid answers, I'm merely speculating.

I've always run into trouble*no response or the response is so garbled as to be indecipherable*with questions like "Can you see me?" or "Can you tell me about where you live?"
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:06 PM

I have gotten an EVP yesterday that may answer my own question LOL.  At the beginning of the tape I asked if they were still here and do you want to talk the response was "I don't want to say anything".  That same voice appeared on the tape and the words are so fast that I can't make them out:_(.  I think that they choose when they are going to speak and when they are not.  The male spirit speaks often and I get more answers from him.  The female or child spirit doesn't speak much. When recording in my kitchen yesterday I was standing by the table and the bread bag on the table was lifted and slowly placed back down.  So I do know that they have the ability touch things and this could be the source of most of the noise that I hear downstairs in the wee hours of the morning.  I will continue to investigate until I can find an answer to the questions I ask.

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:15 AM

Hi, IWG, if I can ask, what do you know of the place's history?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:14 AM

Not much.  When I pulled up some old maps for New Haven, CT, my street name was not on that map.  I think I may have to go to the library and look at some maps.  My street merges into Quinnipiac Ave.  and I am wondering if at one point and time the street name was changed.  I have been a little busy trying to get holiday stuff done and school stuff so I haven't really had any time to do research on the area.  I do know now that the male spirit was not in the service because I ask and he said "no".  I ask was he sick and he said "yes".  So I am going to ask if the illness he had contributed to his passage into the otherworlds.  Sometimes there is a female or child with him, but most of the time he is alone.  I've been leaving the recorder running while we go to bed and I get a lot of strange noise.  I will try to get the history of the place hopefully in the next few months.  I have to do it in bits and pieces due to lack of time.  

Blessed Be~

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:58 PM

Hi, IWG
If I can ask,how old were the maps you used? You may even be able to check the records online at your local Hall of Records.

Would you be willing to hazard a guess as to the time period they're from. It may also be a matter of the site rather than the house itself

• Guests

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:46 AM

Hi Whispers

The maps I looked at were from history of connecticut.  The last time I recorded, I asked what year is it and it sounds like 1960 or 1950.  I have played it back numerous times but because it was recorder without an external mic, there is a lot of "silent static".  Sometimes I have to play the recorder over and over again and ask others to listen (without telling them what I heard) to see if they hear anything.  I will go to the site you suggested and see if I can find anything about what was there before.

Blessed Be~

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:32 PM

Hi, IceWing,
If I may ask, what kind of recorder do you use? The Wallmart
recorders are about $25 and I've got some nice audio captures from mine.

Good hunting, my friend and please let us know

#12 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:25 PM

this is a very interesting question / situation (sorry for stumbling into this so late in the thread...).

as someone that doesn't usually do EVP recording and doesn't "see" ghosts with the naked eye, i have found that i have excellent luck with getting questions answered through psychic / dream contact with the spirit in question.  i occasionally get names, approximate era of death, sometimes a cause of death -- but mostly i get emotional information with a few facts sprinkled in.

perhaps this is why certain questions go unanswered when gathering EVPs... sometimes i just ask that a spirit tell me what it wants to, or what is imporant to it, or what it remembers.  this might work to your advantage, although the results are undoubtedly harder to parse than an answer to a question like " do you wish to say anything? "

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:46 PM

Thanx all

I have a GE recorder that was given to my to record lectures and I have a microrecorder electet.  I don't like the micro because sometimes it sounds like gargling noises.  I one I use for lecture has an internal mic and I now have an external mic to go with it.  It picks up the EVPs pretty good.  I have to play around with the volume sometimes though because some of the EVPs are barely audible.  I don't like to turn it up to the max when recording because I hate the sound of my voice LOL.  I try to keep it in mid range when recording so I can turn it up or down to see what I got.  As of today I have been looking for the name "Catherine" in the obits for Connecticut.  
The only problem I have is she doesn't give a last name.  It would be helpful if anyone here who has done this kind of research give me some hints as to how to get the information I seek.  

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:19 PM

Hiya, OG, I'm partial to dream contact as well if its a matter of just helping/convincing a spirit to cross. Unfortunately, if you're looking for empirical evidence, a dream's hard to prove unless you're being monitored/taped while you sleep*I make nummy, lip smacking noises, so not gonna happen [smiley=cwm2.gif]

Howdy, Icewing, I'm ashamed to dmit that I have fairly rotten luck with EVP's, mainly in trying to interpret what they're saying, but you're using tapes right, not a digital? OH! What kind of sound edit program do you use for cleaning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users