• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:39 AM

You can obtain REAL forged Japanese Katana from Bugei out in California. The owner's name is James. The swords are folded and forged (Damascus is what it is normally called in the west here). Price starts around $600 and goes up around $2,000. These are REAL working blades that will stand actual combat - not like the cheapo imitations you can buy for $100.

I'd try typing in www.bugei.com

:)
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#17 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:41 AM

Oh yeah, for mideval style swords, Krupp 55 steel is common, which is considered very good steel made in Italy (If I remember correctly).

There are many places to get good quality mideval style swords. Might try "Noble Collection", or "Collector's Armory".

:)
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#18 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:31 PM

Aloha,
In the books the swords were...yes, with lineage and name, though I think the Witch King's sword was just inscribed with runes of power and destruction

Do you hapen to know anything of the weapons they used ?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

Thanks, tkite
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:51 PM

Excalibur was not pulled from the stone.  The sword from the stone shattered, I believe, when Arthur drew without cause against one of his own knights... Merlin then took him to a lake and the lady of the lake presented him with excalibur.

I have heard several versions of this story...one in which the sword in the stone was not Excalibur, in this version Arthur's original blade breaks in the course of combat and Merlin takes the young king in search of a replacement...at the mythical lake, Arthur takes the blade from a disemodied arm that rises from the water

*claps hands with excitement* thank you so much Mykie, your friends site is awesome! I really love the "Seax" and the um..errr..."BAD_WORD Sword", I found the different type of patterns fascinating as well, I will certainly let you know if I plan on purchasing one ;)

Awww, Drew..I knew you'd love this topic luv ;) OI! I remember hearing of Lugh from my grandfather but it was always just mention of his otherworldly hounds and magic spear..I'm assuming spears and swords are two different things? :blink:

I found two other swords I think are worth mentioning...Joyeuse *Charlemagne's blade* was passed on from each French king to his successor until the sword became the sign of royalty, unlike the other swords which are known only through stories, Joyeuse can still be seen today in the Louvre in France

Durandel, *Roland's blade from the famous epic The Song of Roland* was viewed as the weapon that saved Europe and Christendom from the Moors
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:23 AM

Becca...good finds! I have to admit I couldn't think of Charlemagne's sword's
name, thanks

Purrrrr....loved Song of Roland and the tragedy of El Cid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users