• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kennedy_cougar

kennedy_cougar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:23 PM

HEY EVERYBODY. IS THERE ACTUALLY A BLAIR WITCH OUT THERE SOMEWHERE? IVE SEEN THE MOVIE AND IT WAS REALLY CORNY. THAT MOVIE WAS MADE UP RIGHT? WELL POST YOUR ANSWERS PLEASE. THANX!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
IS IT TRUE THAT I EXIST?HERE IS THE TEST TO FIND WHETHER OR NOT YOUR MISSION ON EARTH IS FINISHED, IF YOUR ALIVE, IT ISNT.Richard Bach

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

If I remember right, the movie, which allegedly is based on actual disappearances in a search for that same figure, was heralded by SciFi with interviews with survivors of the investigative members. But whether or not its true, I don't know
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:36 PM

From what I have heard, it was all a big hoax.  The deception that it was real was just one part of the marketing plan.  There was no blair witch. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:02 PM

I've heard its not true. That there's no fact to the story at all. I've heard its not even based on an actual myth.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 November 2003 - 01:57 AM

in Hollywood - yes.

out in the real - NOPE :) :)
Posted Image

#6 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:47 AM

There are plenty of real-life legends that are similar...but the movie and all it's surrounding hype were pure fiction.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#7 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:25 AM

Pure fake, i used to be a huge fan of independent films and researched this film and there is no truth to it at all.

#8 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:30 AM

A great film all the same, although it made me feel very sick when I saw it at the cinema (all that camera movement!) I remember seeing the documentary on Sci-fi channel before the film came out and thought it was real. Good marketing  :)
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:41 AM

Good marketing  :)

THAT is the word buddy! you said it right!
Posted Image

#10 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:22 PM

It was a hoax.  Too bad the film sucked too.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#11 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:36 PM

I've heard that some of this story was based on little bits and pieces of the Bell Witch legend. But you know how those rumors go!  ::)
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#12 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:20 AM

hmm.  straight out - it's as fake as the fee gee mermaid.

i was taking a lot of in-depth indie film classes at the time Blair Witch was released, and we knew pre-release that it was fake through insider channels.

however, the makers of the film and the promoters did a really excellent job of playing on our collective fear and fascination with urban legend.  

bits and pieces of the film concepts were borrowed from real life occurances, but what good fiction isn't at least loosely based in reality?

happy watching - and take dramamine if you see it again.  it  was so-so.  i'd rather watch the exorcist again -- it'd be scarier.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#13 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 12:14 PM

Hm,now as anything else but pure entertainment,Blair witch was rubbish.I do have to say that although the script was'nt the best,you have to give Blair Witch its koodeau's in ingenuity.The person who came up with the concept thought of something that new,different and kept alot of people guesssing till far after the release.Yeah,it was marketing and thats why they make movies is to make money and I have no problem with that.Blair Witch gets a B+ from me on concept and maybe a C on the actual finished project.Funny that none of the cast ever starred in anything else,lol.

#14 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 12:41 PM

prometheus, i'll have to agree fully with your B/C rating.  

i will have to admit to seeing BW twice in the theatre within one week of its release... no, make that three times.  we had friends that wanted to go and they kept missing us every time we went.  so we were the moral support for those who would be scared.

i enjoyed it -- and yes, i think that BW really brought life into the overly-commercialized market and sort of blazed a trail for other indies to come out into the "mainstream" chains of venues all over the country.

we just need more and more creative people to do more stuff like blair witch in order for the industry to become more interesting again!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:59 PM

more than WHAT you say, HOW you say is important. That is why even good stories cannot clik in the market with bad presentation.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users