• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:01 PM

* Hums to herself and ponders: What should I do with these  ROTTEN TOMATOES? Dum dee dee deeddlee lee dee dum.... Hmm, where's a KRC, WHISKER OR FLYING ORB when you need one?  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#32 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:37 PM

HOO! HOO! LOL*She'll never guess I'm not an owl*
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#33 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:09 PM

I couldnt force myself to touch that one with a 10' pole.
Now as far as the origin on the stones go it was common to put that there so you would know where that person was from, not due to the snobbery of the locals.

;)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#34 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:35 AM

*shoves Whispers out in front of him for cover and starts running away in a zigzag pattern to keep the flying tomatos at bay*

Sorry Whispers! *snickers*  ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#35 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:38 AM

la tomatina!
Posted Image

#36 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:48 AM

Thanks, Cajun, now I could see that with country*not sure who brought it up, but it was speculated this was so that descendants would know their roots*but state? I mean aside from the Civil War Era

It was either the owl or a cow, man[smiley=cwm1.gif]

Hey, Fly*Decides against dropping to all 4's and mooing since Hawkers is too intelligent to fall for it*and begins to flap arms and caw
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#37 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 07:21 AM

Thanks, Cajun, now I could see that with country*not sure who brought it up, but it was speculated this was so that descendants would know their roots*but state? I mean aside from the Civil War Era

For risk of fear of being attacked again about my stance that the states were not united before the civil war, Whispers, just because it was written into the constitution that these states were united, didnít mean it was so. The first constitution wasnít ratified until 1790, as the Articles of Confederation, which meant there was a loose association of states and a very weak federal government with few powers.

Disagreement about a strong federal government vs. states rights is what divided the north and south throughout the next century, eventually leading to the Civil War. It wasnít until after the Southís defeat that there was any strong federalism.

Up to this point the concept of being an American was much less prevalent than oneís association to their home state. Only after the Civil War was the country united as one nation.

See where Iím going with this now?

*Dodges Flying Orbís history book*
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#38 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:36 AM

Hi,Bridget,
I do remember that the Southern states, the ones who most resisted secessation from England stood to lose the most as far as income and trade if they seceeded from the Empire, I mean, let's face it England was their main buyer of raw product*cotton and tobacco*And even back then, slavery was an issue between North and South.

Though...I remember reading that within a few years slavery in the south would have ended on its own due to the rise of Industrialization and anti-slavery sentiment in Europe

#39 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:30 PM

For risk of fear of being attacked again about my stance that the states were not united before the civil war,

Sorry Bridget, was not my intent to attack you.  Just having a little fun...... ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#40 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:30 AM

Hey Bridget!  I got a rotten tomatoe if ya' want it!  Aim for the feathered creature, cawing.  Isn't FlyingOrb a gentle man?  (Thinking back to his choice of X-Mas decorations, stapled orbs, then wonders if gentle man IS a good assessment....)  But then, I bet each and every one of our male gendered buddies involved in this post will make  sure their wives or significant other females will have their maiden names somewhere on their tombstones.  Wouldn't you agree???? ;D ;D

#41 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:03 AM

Oh yes Hawkers--for genealogys sake!

*Hurls tomato*
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#42 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:28 AM

Can't tell which one you hit, he's unrecognizable!  GOOD SHOT GEEZER BUDDY!!!

#43 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:32 AM

But...I'm siiiiinnnnglllle

#44 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:54 AM

*hands Whisper a razor* Quick! your ultimate disguise as a platipus will completely foil Hawker's plans!

I have never even contimplated searching out my roots...

The most I know is that I am half Scandinavian and half German.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#45 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:51 PM

Isn't FlyingOrb a gentle man? †(Thinking back to his choice of X-Mas decorations, stapled orbs, then wonders if gentle man IS a good assessment....)

Why thank you Hawkers, youre very astute.  ;D

*sits back with a sinister smile as another orb comes out of the vortex in his basement, looks around at the 250 wriggling writhing whining orbs already stapled to the basement walls and window frames, and scoots back into the vortex to make good its escape.*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users