8 replies to this topic

#1 wakywitch

wakywitch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:07 PM

www.borleyrectory.com

Anyone, especially in England, ever visit this place?
Looks very chilling! :unsure: :blink:

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:50 AM

have you been there? I have heard it is a crazy place too!
Posted Image

#3 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:52 AM

never visited the place because it has since burnt to the ground in a mysterious fire, but been reading up on it for years, and yes it was one of the most haunted places in britain.........evevn the place where it used to be people have said they can still see the nun that used to haunt the perimiter of the rectory. It also had a 15th century monk too if i remember, i'll have to dig out one of my old books again, but very interesting place, i will say more when i find the book.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#4 uk_liam

uk_liam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

hello all. live 10 minutes away from this place and me and my friends go there fairly often!
we went there last nite actually and ended up shooting off due to a strange smell and a 5ft6 shadow standing in between both our cars swaying side to side!

we have also seen a headless man standing by a gate oppisite the rectory grounds, we have yet to try and take pictures of our supernatural sighting but as soon as we do i will post them!

we did have a real scary experience the one night a few months ago where we where walking round the church yard with my mobile phone which had a digital thermometer on it. after we had walked round the church 3 times we got to one grave and the tempreture was at 14 degrees C and shot down to minus 7 then shot back up to 14 degrees within about 3 seconds!

we are planning a trip over there on friday the 13th in may. hopefully we will have sum mad experiences!

thanks for reading

Liam Hayes - UK

#5 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

Oooooh sounds creepy... I love it! Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic, LOL!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#6 uk_liam

uk_liam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:22 PM

yeah, i love going up there. i dont get scared by it atall although my mates do!
the other night was the strangest experience i have seen so far! having a shadowed figure standing about 1ft away from me and the tempreture was -7! im gonna try and get some pictures as i have a night vision camera which will hopefully bring out some activity in the air!

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

Well if you could get the pics and get them running I would love to see em'!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#8 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:27 AM

I think that there was a thread about Borley a while back. Some people had some very good photographs. I would love to see your photos. I was in England a couple of times, but I wasn't sure exactly where Borley was and I was at the mercy of other people driving me.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#9 cryptkeeperva

cryptkeeperva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Have over twenty plus years experience in the paranormal investigation field. I do not claim to be an expert as there is no such creature in paranormal investigations.<br><br>It does not matter how long you have been doing it, you will always be learning something new. I know as I said I have twenty plus years and yet I learn something new every day.<br><br>I have my own investigation team founded by me on August 20 2002. I love the paranormal and will help anyone in any way I can. All you have to do is ask.

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been to the Borley Rectory. It has been built with a new Rectory on the site. There are still reports of events occuring there. When the original was destroyed by fire, they actually found a womans jaw bone in the rubble.

Thought to be that of the nun who haunts the Rectory.

Cryptkeeperva
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users