Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

ok i did it and now i feel silly.......:0

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:42 PM

will i've been meaning to start taking pictures of ghosts and i thought about what everyone said is ask them nicely to pose for a moment. will while everyone was gone today i decided todo it. i shut the blinds and made sure my flash was on i think this is what i said pretty much, i said hello is anyone there? i know i can't see you but i know you are there. then i went on how i'm taking a picture of my pretty x-mas tree i have in my room and asked if anyone would be willing to take a nice picture by the tree. then i said if so on the count of 3 show yourself to the camera and smile! will i took the picture. now i just have to wait for me to take 13 more pictures left that i have used up. then get it devloped. hope it turned out to be something cause iff not i have a picture of a x-mas tree:p

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:05 PM

*LOL*Rattie-Lover, Spiritography is about patience and perserverence more than anything, for the first YEAR I was actively investigating, I got nothing on pic that couldn't be explained away as pollen or a reflection off a gravestone. I know I'd sensed/seen something there but I'll be doggone, they were the most camera shy spooks in the world. Not sure if the camera just kind of freaked them out or what*as may be the case of spirits from different cultures or older ones*All I can say is its all about them, they're sense of timing or if they want to let you know they're there and have your camera ready when they do show themselves to you
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:38 PM

Drew,

I think that it is largly due to your personality that it took you so long! ;D

You don't have to feel silly.  You can take 100 pictures of that tree and 99 of them will simply be a picture of a tree.  That is the way it goes.  I also believe that when you actively investigate for a while you get a little more "in tune" with the spirits around you and they know that.  They will pose for you.  It just takes a while some times! [smiley=cwm9.gif]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:44 PM

I think your technique is perfect.  Keep asking them to show themselves.  You never know.  

Also, remember what Ansel Adams said... The best way to take a great photo is to take a LOT of photos.  
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:54 AM

Yup! use those 13 pics to take more pics of your home!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:28 AM

Persistence, Patience and lots and lots of Pics...tis the creed I have adapted, good luck to ya rattie ;)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:26 PM

You will get used to talking into empty air and won't feel silly about it after you get your first result.  Once one of the sensitives in our group asked for a last "group picture" before leaving.  The spirits complied. [smiley=cwm28.gif]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:52 PM

Hey, KRC[smiley=cwm24.gif]HOGWASH, Brian! I have a completely wonderful personality and spirits like me...except that one in Cohasset and he doesn't count.

Hey, Fly...That's a really good idea.

Hey, Lady Willow and Akthra, I totally agree on the lots of pics philosophy.

I can't say if this is a viable strategy since I've yet to pick up the pics from my last investigation, but I did a lot
of judicious flattery around the mausoleums and in one case  actually saw a spirit preening when I asked to take his picture
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#9 yawn

yawn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:57 PM

Aw...don't feel silly! When my other and I go out on a hunt, we usually take turns telling them that we want to take a pic. When we ask permission, that's when we get a bunch of activity.  You never know...you just might have a lot more pics on that roll than you thought you'd get! ;)

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:14 PM

[move][glow=blue,2,300]Welcome to GV, Yawn[smiley=cwm30.gif][/glow] [/move]

#11 yawn

yawn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:17 PM

Thanks whispers...how do you do that scrolling thing?

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:25 PM

hi Yawn, you can see 2 rows of buttons before you post (only if click on REPLY) On the first row, you can se one marked <-M. Click on that. You will get something like [ move ]   STUFF    [ /move ]  Now you type in your text where the word STUFF appears. I mean, delete STUFF and type in what you want. There are other tags too you can check out!

[move][glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left,300]Keep Smiling ;) 8) [smiley=cwm5.gif][/shadow][/glow][/move]
Posted Image

#13 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:33 PM

Good explanation, Moon. Too bad the glowing text still doesn't work on this site or any other YaBB I have been on.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:37 PM

hey! that was because I didnt put it RIGHT! now it works! hehehe

[glow=blue,2,600]hehehehehe[/glow]
Posted Image

#15 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:42 PM

Ah HA!  So that's what it looks like.  Hmmm.. just looks like bold text to me.  Oh well I suppose I can do without glowing text.  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users