• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

*DISCLAIMER*This is the Urban Legend told to me by a friend who lived in DC several years back, I am neither condoning it nor am I denying it, I am simply looking for the facts and firsthnd accounts.

In 1973, the Horror film industry was rocked back on its heels by the Exorcist's release, in which a 12 year old girl is possessed by a demon...well,
you know the story.

Its said that odd things happened at the actual house it was filmed at, some nasty falls in which cast members claim they felt a hand grab their leg on the steps, though, conceivably, this may have been a gimmick to promote the movie or simply their own perceptions and the supernatural association with the project. It is supposed to be based on a case of possession (an 8 yr old boy in Va).

Here's the UL though, in passing the house where it was filmed, you're odometer goes to 666 miles

What do you think-
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:45 PM

Well, we have had a good horror movie that was released and still playing here in India called Vaastu Shastra. It is hindi, but the lead actress had a TV interview the other day and she was mentioning how spooky things happened at the shoot. Initially it was dogs howling and things missing, but towards the last few days of the shoots, they actually captures whispers and unknown talks on the tapes!
Posted Image

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:20 PM

Well that sounds like a bunch of hog wash to me Whispers **Snickers**

I use to live in DC, and have been up and down the "Exorcist" stairs numerous times. I am not sure if the film was actually made in that house, but I know the scenes of the steps where the priest gets thrown down to was filmed there. I must say they are creepy looking however.

And no my spedomoter never went to 666.

Good UL though, worth looking into!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

There is a Canadian horror film called Gingersnaps, and they recently did a sequal, Gingersnaps II (I've not seen either of them yet btw).

At any rate, I was watching a program up here that goes behind the scenes of movie shoots, and they were talking with the lead actress from Gingersnaps II, she claimed that the one building they shot some scenes in had strange things happening in it while they were filming.

I'll have to sit back and think as to what exactly she said, it was a few months ago.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:31 PM

GingerSnap was great movie!
Posted Image

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

Gingersnaps? Hmmm...never heard of it, VC...we are a bit behind the times though.

Moon...where was the film taped and how long ago? Have you tried researching the area?

To sound completely MPD, my friend, dogs howl for various reasons, sirens, cats a predator in the area and petty theft can be a problem on the set.

Bridge...I couldn't agree more that it sounds like piffle and hoakem, but my friend says she knowns people that swear by it...that and the car stalling inexplicably
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:13 PM

The film was filmed in Mumbai Film City in the sets. Pretty TOO far for us.

As for gingersnaps... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210070/
Posted Image

#8 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:46 AM

Hi Whispers, I haven't found anything about the UL you mentioned, but I did find this incredibly thorough account written about the real story of the boy who was supposedly possessed. The person who wrote this article really did his homework, and the story is fascinating.

From the description of some of the occurences surrounding the boy, it makes me wonder if it was not a ghost instead of a demonic possession.

Give it a read, it's good!

http://www.strangema...rcistpage1.html
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#9 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:29 AM

OK I just finished reading the whole thing, and it is GREAT!

My views on the whole story have now completely changed.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:41 AM

Moon...where was the film taped and how long ago? Have you tried researching the area?

To sound completely MPD, my friend, dogs howl for various reasons, sirens, cats a predator in the area and petty theft can be a problem on the set.

Drew, the film is NEWLY released here, and so the shooting has happened almost 2-3 months before I assume. It wasn't the sort of dog barks, they reported, something like wolf packs, in a place where they do not have wolfs. The film crew has reported recording unseen (oppps unaudible) voices, and initially it was all messy, but towards the final shooting days they caught whisperings which were kinda clear. Am not too sure about anything, I happened to watch an interview with the films heroine, and she was refering how her daughter(around 3 years) seeing the poster of the movie got irritated and was upset her mother have done a movie like that. And she was refrering about such disturbances that happened on the set. Dunno anything more.
Posted Image

#11 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:29 PM

After I read this my veiw was also changed...

After reading some parts of what the preist's did to him I would say there was some type of abuse going on......... :lol:
"You only get 1 shot!"

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:38 PM

But the boy started out with the possission in VA and then was moved to I believe MO where the actual exorcism took place. The only thing that was out on the east coast were the stairs at I believe Georgetown University. Don't quote me on the school, I am not positive. Who knows, some strange things may have happened but I think in general it is just urban legend and doesn't hold a lot of water.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:42 PM

Hey KRC, you should read the article if you have time. The kid was in a MD suburb, and yeah was moved to St. Louis for the exorcisms.

But the guy who wrote this article did ALL kinds of research, even found out who the kid was and talked to him on the phone. It was VERY intruiging!

#14 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:39 PM

I believe that the kind of activity engaged upon, even if it is fake, will draw entities to that area (real ones) because of course they are probably at first curious to see what is going on. The film people can make things seem so real, that the actors mind set could even be an attraction for such entities.

Kind of off subject, but I wanted to get back to gps coordinates. I never knew where the house this film was made was, and now I know it is in DC.... Now if I and the others knew the coordinates anyone could get there.........

I'll start a thread this week on it with a posting for the coordinates of the Alamo.

:lol:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#15 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

Hey TKite, and all, first of all they did film the movie in and around Georgetown, but did not actually film using the interior of the house, that was all set work. Now the stairs come down to the bottom of M Street and the house is on the top, and I believe the house is on O Street in DC.

The story I posted today is the orginal story about the kid who supposedly really had an exorcism, and the author of the Exorcist wrote his story based on that incident. The kid lived in MD and the exorcism took place in 1949.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users