17 replies to this topic

#16 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

Hey, Bridgie...GREAT read.

I'm not a Catholic but I know that the Church takes this sort of thing VERY seriously and there's an entire list of criterion that the CC has for demonic or diabolic possession/infestation and they approach it with a very skeptical eye before they agree to the Rite of Exorcism being performed. Latin phrases are possible but so would Greek, Aremaic and it would be diatribes not one or two words, I think
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#17 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:00 AM

I think that this demonic possession thing (where someone has a demon in them) is practice by alot of different religions...

My thought on it.... ;) Well... :) ...Its alot of hog wash!

Not puting noone down...I just think that there are demons/negative spirits/unrightous spirits/fallen angels...but I dont think any human can cast them in or out of bodies....(like the exorcist).....

And I do belive there was some type of abuse going on with the haunted boy...That is if there was even really a "haunted boy"! <_<
"You only get 1 shot!"

#18 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:58 AM

Little...that really is a very good point, there is always a chance that it is a psych disorder or simply a reaction to abuse.

For the record, I'm skeptical whenever I hear the word demon, though I have met spirits that were exceptionally malicious
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users