I have learned......

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:47 PM

I thought this might be a fun topic,

I have learned........

I have learned that you develop selective hearing as soon as you have children.

I have learned that men are born with selective hearing..

#2 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:00 PM

Did you say something Simmy? :lol: :D :) :)

I have learned that to have a child is to be a child.

#3 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:11 PM

lol sammy, u know, heres my new I HAVE LEARNED...

I have learned .....that sammy da kat is a male lol, i always thought sammy was female!!

#4 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:39 PM

Im fixed :D :) :) :(

Just kidding. :lol:

#5 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:46 PM

dont you ppl remember i have VISUALS when i read??? please dont do that again sammy!! lol :lol:

#6 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:48 AM

I have learned many lessons but these stick with me...
Bored people are boring people.
Having interests will help make us more fascinating in life.
In the world of relationship enrichment, "Couch Potatoes Need Not Apply".
I have learned the sound of a childs laughter gladens my heart,
A kittens purr leaves me content....
Posted Image

#7 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:12 AM

I have learned... A mother's love is never forgotten. A mother can never run out of love. Children brighten up even your worst day,with as little as a smile. A special someone has also helped me realize- Absence really does make the heart grow fonder. :D
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:35 AM

The major learning that I have had is that Learning is forever!

I learned that being good is not enough, you got to be smart to be successful in life.

I learned that each and every person will have their own tinted shades viewing every issue in life, so you cant make everyone happy.

I have learned that it is the crab mentality that degrades each and every single person alive.

I have realised that as human beings we have more fascination for the negative issues of life than the things that can enrich you.

I have learned that certain people will understand your true feelings and intention, even if you don't talk or convey things properly.

I have also learned that certain others, no matter what, will never understand a single word you mean.

I have learned that GhostVillage.com is a fantastic place to be in, and most people here are truly amazing and honest!
Posted Image

#9 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:46 AM

I've learned that with the love and support of my friends, I can make it through anything no matter how ugly a situation gets.

#10 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:50 AM

Hmmmm....I have learned:

1. You really CAN live through far more than you ever thought you could once you actually live through it
2. Stuff is just that ~ stuff. When you can get to the point of letting go of stuff, then you have a lot more room for things that are more important.
3. Don't say "oh, I'd NEVER do THAT" because the fates are a capricious lot of bittys and will work overtime to prove you wrong :D
4. Change is certain but struggle is an option

#11 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:28 AM

i have learned to put warning signs on posts, even though it may lose its effect ;) and some people may not like it very much and get annoyed!!!!!!
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#12 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

i have learned to put warning signs on posts, even though it may lose its effect :weeee: and some people may not like it very much and get annoyed!!!!!!

well at least you learned somthing today! :)

#13 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:05 AM

I have learned that patience is not a virtue, it is a neccesity.

A body of anger breeds more anger.

The three second rule does not apply to a three year old.

(Three second Rule: If a peice of food hits the ground you have three (3) seconds to pick int up before it has to be thrown out.)

#14 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:50 AM

i learned that when you get sick from drinking "fire water or hot BAD_WORD" you can't stand the taste or smell of cinnamon ever again. :huh: :blink:
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#15 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:23 AM

i have learned...

that i am not invincible
that the internet does not have all the answers
some people don't find my sense of humor funny, they find it disturbing
not to take on someone bigger than i am
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users