Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

So what does religion have to do with ghosts?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

I have been thinking about this for some time esp. since I'v been born again. I haven't researched the Bible to see what it says or talked to my Preacher man about this.
I believe there are ghost. I have experienced to many unexplained things not to.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

Hinduism acknowledges existence in various forms and entities - so that is explanatory.
Posted Image

#18 wolflord

wolflord

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

I believe that ghosts follow multiple rules.

The rules are based on what they are trying to do as well as the state they ae in or are able to be in.

If a ghost is wanting to watch us, they can open or look through a portal. a window into our space.
In doing this they can appear to float or hang in place. This would include passing through walls as
the non tangible window moves.

If the ghost is moving something it must extend or take on a more physical energy. In doing so it must
relate with the laws of our world. Remember in the movie ghost when he was able to kick a can? he extended his foot into this world. In this case it's only like putting your hand out a window. You can still float and whack things because the majority of your form is still outside this reality.

Last is when it crosses over here. Thats where you get the hauntings. it is for the most part bound by our rules. It gets in bed and the bed sinks besides you. It opens doors because it can't pass between them. It appears to people as a solid or semi solid out of phase.

Why does it not just move to the door, switch bach, come through and reappear?
I would say the effort is not an easy one. In mofing to a solid state it can't just go back and reappear as solid. when it vanishes it's going back and the most they tend to continue is usng a part through the door to cause mischef.

As for Religion I believe that spirits are lost knowing where heaven is and unable to find it until the great spirit comes out to collect them. Afterall a bad child may be put in a corner but a loving parent would never leave then there forever. They are punished and then returned to the love.

Ghosts are more spirits or beings out of phase with our own.

#19 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Just a simple reply here....

Ghosts / Spirits exist no matter what religion or culture they followed, we all end up on the same realm somewhere.

:Wall:

#20 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

I've often heard that people who believe in ghosts-or the possibility of ghosts as I heard once-are more likely to see them, while skeptics who don't want to believe in ghosts don't see them. Almost always, though, those comments come from the latter group. My stepfather's religion taught that ghosts were the product of the devil, but I've always been of the belief that ghosts, for some reason or other, remain on this earth until they are ready to pass over.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#21 Lizard King

Lizard King

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests: <br />

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Many incorporate their spiritual beliefs into mediumship...the Spiritualist Church was founded on this concept if I'm not mistaken.

TLK

#22 Zubis

Zubis

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:33 AM

I'm a practicing Catholic and can tell you that demons and devils are real; otherwise, we wouldn't need exorcists (a real function within the Church). Lately, I've been doing a lot of research of the Muslim belief in jinn because of my favorite supernatural thriller about them (A Genie in the House of Saud: Zubis Rises). Genies are real, according to the Koran. They are bound to abide by the same laws as humans. And when they don't, they're considered evil spirits. You can mostly encounter them in a dreaming state through meditation. But don't call on them unless you're prepared to get stuck with an evil one. They can be hard to get rid of.

Just fascinates me that there are common threads in most religions. We're more united by our similarities than our differences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users