Is reincarnation necessary?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:49 PM

Say, that reincarnation does in fact exist...Is reincarnation necessary?

And if so, what purpose would it serve other than to help us attain our highest self?
Posted Image

#2 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:31 AM

when you die i belive that you r born into another body that is being born...and if u do LOTS of good stuff in that life then next time, u will be born into a higher level being...like a king or president, and vice versa....thats just what i think....
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:36 AM

From what I've heard about reincarnation, you choose when to come back, but kharma determines where and how.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:58 AM

I believe reincarnation is necessary in order to teach us something we did not know in a previous lifetime. This also gives us a chance to correct a "wrong " we had committed before as well. We will keep coming back as many times as needed. Some more than others.

#5 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:19 AM

i dont know about reincarnation myself, if it does exist whats the point of it? Poeple cant remember their past lives unless their regressed with hypnotism, and even then it could possibly be the brain just creating a fantasy. But then again there have been some cases where the person regressing has pointed out old passageways in an old house or known where a place is although they have never been there. But i dont see the point of it if you cant completly remember your past life, when you die, thats it wether your reincarnated or not, that personality is gone to a different place and replaced by a completely different personality.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#6 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:40 PM

Who we are and what we do in our current lifetime shapes who we will be and what we will do in our future lifetimes. Our past lives play a role in the lessons we are to learn now.

#7 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

I believe that every time we experience deja vu, it is, in fact, a piece of our prior life coming through. I think that each time we return, we are aligned with the same people, although not necessarily in the same context.

Reincarnation is necesssary, in my opinion, and I think we recall more than most people realize. I don't know exactly what is required to attain the highest level we are capable of, and I don't know how long it takes to get there.....But I do know it can't all come to pass in one lifetime. Not for me, at least.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:57 PM

No, reincarnation is not necessary for our progression back to God. It is just preferred because it is faster. Angels have never incarnated and they're doing just fine. It is a choice and it is always that way. When you pass over, if you decide not to reincarnate, that will be perfectly fine and no one will make you. The decision is ALWAYS left up to you. God gave you free will. And any lessons you need to learn here on earth can definitely be learned on the other side. But you may not want to learn them there, you may want to learn them here.
petunia4998

#9 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

Honestly, I don't believe reincarnation is a way to continue doing good deeds... but more an opportunity to learn all of lifes' lessons that we simply can't learn in one lifetime. Sometimes, that might include living the life of a criminal. I don't think that kind of life will be detrimental to your spiritual growth... quite the opposite in fact, as I tend to believe greatly in personal/universal balance. In other words, I simply don't think you can understand a "good" life, without having lived a "bad" life.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

I think there are a few routes the soul can take.

Reincarnation, being reborn in the body of a newborn, there's the Hall where you kind of review events and choices from your last lifetime or even other's lifetimes and thereby gain insight, possibly acting as a spirit guide to a living person or to simply go on to whatever the next level of existance is. My own take on option#3 is that we self monitor, with maybe some judicious nudging
about integrity*LOL*

My own take is that the final evolution is Understanding and Empathy with all Life.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#11 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:12 AM

deadzone
Is reincarnation necessary?

Well 100 years (longest life span give or take a couple of years) is a very short time to learn what we need to know. If you think you can do it you had better devote every second trying, even when you sleep.

Karma has allot to do with where you end up and the life you will have when you are roborn. The things you have done in your past life are like baggage carried into the next. One of the points to understand when dealing with Karma is that it is built up since the begining of time. Not just the past 50 lives, since life started. Because we do not remember, for the most part, the doings of the past lives are hard to overcome. It takes great effort to live your life in a way that decreases this Karma and act in a way that it will not build it up again. It is something one must practice not only in word and deed, but right down to your thoughts. When one has practiced and is reborn into a better life they will be at a greater advantage to keep this process going.

Even if one where to live one life as a saint, doing no wrong whatsoever, they can fall into the deepest hell realms in the next life. Why? It is a higher act of Karma that decides what the being will learn in its next life. It is very hard to understand and unfortunetly I have not reached a level to trully explain why this would happen to someone. Perhaps in my next life I will get the chance again to learn about it.

#12 dragonbrth

dragonbrth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:01 AM

I believe that the Bhudda taught how to rid oneself of the 'wheel' in one life time. Without going into my books and correct me if im wrong (and some one will im sure) We can all reach nirvana if we follow the middle path. The Celts believed in reincarnation to the point of takeing out loans in this life with the object of repaying them in the next lifetime. this is one of the reasons they were such fierce fighters, dieing was just a temporary state of affairs and so was living. As far as proof I'm reminded of a young boy in India that asked his father questions about a distant village and the people that lived there as if he had intimate knowledge of it. His father took him to the village when he was about seven. The boy questioned a few of the elders there regarding some people by name that had died some years before. I believe the whole story is in Blavatsky's 'Isis Unveiled' volume 2. There are other like occurances.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:07 AM

Well, one thing is that anything is possible, but usually it doesnt happen. :D

One life time is usually not any time at all as far as I am concerned. And following the middle path is the key, but the middle path should be achieved IN THE MIND, but the body. It should be on the spiritual plane.
Posted Image

#14 dragonbrth

dragonbrth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:09 AM

Moonchild is from India perhaps he has some input for us, stories, anecdotes etc. concerning reincarnation and religion there in general.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:13 AM

As far as ReIncarnation is concerned, it is the basis of the religion here for us. Hinduism is a way of life, and not a religion. And the newer religions in here too follow the basic belief's since everything is built UPON what is already there. So Karma and ReIncarnation cannot be taken apart, and is believed to be the cause of birth.

Every event in life is linked to our Karma, there is nothing coincident.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users