• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 dragonbrth

dragonbrth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:13 AM

I spoke to soon moonchild didnt realize you were there. Blavatsky has to be taken with a pound of salt. She was a crusty old broad.

#17 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

My favorite kind---crusty old broads.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:14 PM

Blavatsky was definitly an interesting case. No matter how much about her I read, and no matter how many times I read some of her work, I simply cannot make up my mind about her.

But she's fascinating nontheless.

With reincarnation, I understand the basic concept of it, and it's purpose in those religions that hold to it. However, my own path doesn't include it per say...although if someone was to prove to me beyond a doubt that I had lived a past life and that things from that life had carried over into this life (like...fears I currently cannot explain the origins of, health related issues, etc), I would defintitly reconsider it insofar as me, myself and I are concerned.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:35 AM

who says you don't remember past lives?
The remembrances are deep in our subconcious minds.
most of us can't remember alot of our childhood , just fragments and it is the same with past lives.
we are in school when we are living the life and we go over our lessons when each life is finished.
Is it necessary? If you think you've done enough living in this short life then I guess not.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#20 moonwitch_1972

moonwitch_1972

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Emergency Medical Technician on ambulance. I make aroma therapy products-massage oils, candles, bath salts, soaps, incense, salves, ointments, etc. I, also, write adult short stories. I am a practicing solitary witch. In the near future, I see modern medicine and holistic medicine combining to open up a plethora of wonder.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:26 PM

My thoughts on past lives. I've had many glimpses of places that are not familiar to me. There is one that I was in a pharmacea with wooden shelves and counters making ointments, salves, decoctions, etc. The setting was very much renaissance. At another point in the vision, I saw my gown flowing in the wind with a basket of flowers hooked over my forearm gazing out over a cliff surrounded by a meadow with the sea below me. Another where I was on a farm in the flatlands and a tornado was pending.

I believe these are glimpses of my past lives. These, also, occurred in the first person.

I think that we are all here to learn by our experiences and that reincarnation is part of it. There simply is not enough time in one given life span to learn, experience and absorb all the knowledge that is available to us to make us aware individuals. You've heard of history repeating itself. What if we make the same decisions and the end results are the same, disastrous, and vice versa? I think that we are given the same scenarios until we get them right--a positive result. We are pupils, teachers, protectors, etc. We cannot be teachers if we have not first been pupils. I believe that we carry our experiences from one lifetime to the next. The experiences are ingrained on our souls though we leave our physical body and mind behind at the time of crossing. I, also, believe that we encounter the same souls that there were conflicts with in each lifetime until we learn humility and universal harmony. They may go by a different name and possess a different body but the soul and its experiences are the same.
The eyes are the mirror to the soul. They can be masked; but the truth still lies within.

#21 furbys_evil

furbys_evil

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:dont really have any

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:30 PM

i know nothing about it but if i do come back i hope i will make a dif in the world un like i do now lol
"......Human beings, by changeing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."

#22 moonwitch_1972

moonwitch_1972

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Emergency Medical Technician on ambulance. I make aroma therapy products-massage oils, candles, bath salts, soaps, incense, salves, ointments, etc. I, also, write adult short stories. I am a practicing solitary witch. In the near future, I see modern medicine and holistic medicine combining to open up a plethora of wonder.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:46 PM

We all make a difference. Something as simple as a smile or a "How are you feeling to day?" makes a difference. It lets others know you care enough to ask. A hug makes a big difference. It comforts the soul.
The eyes are the mirror to the soul. They can be masked; but the truth still lies within.

#23 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

Don't forget, we are all here by our own choice. We do not have to incarnate if we don't want to. Any lessons we need to learn can be learned on the other side. It's just that it's faster and more intense here, but if you don't want to, you don't have to.
petunia4998

#24 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 11:41 PM

So if we have lived previous lives, and some people have visions of their previous life, why are there no visions of the afterlife? The time between leaving this mortal body and entering another? If our soul can take memories of mortal life from body to body, why can't it take memories of the afterlife? Is it not possible that some of the "memories" are triggered by objects that we come in contact with in our daily lives that don't affect us immediately, but somehow later on, we envision ourself in that location? IE A painting, a part of a story, a mural on a wall, the backdrop in a movie?

I believe that you can be reincarnated if you choose to be, but I believe that it is done so with the agreement that you leave all previous memories behind, and try to make it through life with a clean slate. Perhaps the lessons you learn are remembered each time you enter the afterlife, but in the mortal plane, you only remember what events have to do with the current life.
Posted Image

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:26 AM

Justa, the answer is that - the afterlife is chosen by the Karmic Bondages that we acquire in the present life time.
Posted Image

#26 Whispers

Whispers

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:32 PM

furbys, everyone makes a difference. Maybe you haven't found a cure for cancer yet, but maybe your child will. Everyone makes a difference and contributes something positive to the collective whole of things. :lol:

#27 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:44 PM

But Justa, you can see the afterlife. You see it in your dreams, when you visit with teachers or departed ones. You can see it when you meditate. I think people are given glimpses of it all the time, they just don't recognize it. And when you are travelling astrally, things are quite clear, but returning to this plane of existence, where things are so dense, makes it hard to remember things and remembrances can be distorted. And another thing, when we have gone to the other side, for a visit, or to ask a question, or for whatever reason, it's really nice over there and it's our real home, and we don't want to come back, so we are not allowed to remember the visit. How many times have you heard of near death experiences where the person wanted to stay but were told they had to come back? It's pretty often. No, it's done for our own good.
petunia4998

#28 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:34 PM

Some very interesting replies to this question......Some sound like Sylvia Brown left her mark.....Is reincarnation necessary? I suppose it is, if one believes it to be....
Posted Image

#29 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:35 PM

deadzone..
Is reincarnation necessary?....Sure to those who belive it....Good Point!
Well Said!

Only if you belive it....
I dont think that you get to choose....I do think that the spirit is what is really real...I dont think reincarntion is what I think it may be..Maybe there is some truth to what some say about it..But who's for sure? So I guess its important to those who belive it! And very necessary to those who belive it!

I dont know what I really belive when it comes to reincarnation...Like moon said....Anything can be possible!

But I dont think we have a choice...In anything.... :weeee:
"You only get 1 shot!"

#30 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:53 PM

Really, little light, you don't think we have a choice in anything? isn't life nothing but a choice? If you don't want to live, you can always choose to commit suicide. If you contract a disease, you can always choose to not opt for treatment. Isn't everything a choice? But your statement intrigues me; please elaborate.
petunia4998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users