34 replies to this topic

#31 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:27 PM

Boy are we going to have some good laughs in the afterlife about some of these threads and what our thoughts were. :weeee:

Seriously though... I know that in our mortal existance we have choices to make. But perhaps those choices are part of the test to see if we are worthy of moving to the next realm, or plain of existance. Maybe after we pass on, we are judged, and if we have not learned enough good, and bad in order to fit into the afterlife, we are sent back against our will, to learn more.

I only speak in "what if's" because I have never been to the other side and come back. My father did when he had his first heart attack, but he would never speak of it.
Posted Image

#32 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

You know what i think is really strange?People find it hard to beleive in the concept of reincarnation but they can beleive in heaven and hell!!!
Let's see :rolleyes:
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#33 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

Say, that reincarnation does in fact exist...Is reincarnation necessary?

And if so, what purpose would it serve other than to help us attain our highest self?

What more of a purpose would you need than to become a perfect soul?
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#34 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:32 PM

Exactly MELLY!!!
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#35 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

I believe that the Bhudda taught how to rid oneself of the 'wheel' in one life time. Without going into my books and correct me if im wrong (and some one will im sure) We can all reach nirvana if we follow the middle path.

This is actually a true statement. But you have to look at it with some basic intelect. Sidhartha himself only gained release because of the build up of good merit/Karma from his past lives. If you look at his teaching and his stories of his past lifes you may see that he had actually spent past lives as man, beast, in the hell realms, and the realms of gods. The Buddha did say someone can reach Nirvana in one lifetime, but he did not say which lifetime that was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users