• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:29 PM

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to Posted Image this thread!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#17 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:14 PM

Virgin Christmas Eggnog
6 large eggs + 2 yolks
1/2 C + 2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 C milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C heavy cream

Combine eggs, yolk, sugar, and salt in the top of a 3 or 4 quart double boiler, whisking until well combined. Continue whisking while pouring milk in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated. Turn on burner to lowest heat setting and stir mixture continuously until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (could take up to half hour).

Strain mixture through a fine sieve (removes any chunks of scrambled egg) into a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and nutmeg. Cover and chill at least 4 hours (or up to 3 days).

When ready to serve, beat heavy cream to soft peaks; fold into custard. Garnish each cup with additional nutmeg or a sprinkle of cinnamon.

#18 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

Festive (Non virgin) drinks

Pepperment Patty

Hot chocolate
1 shot pepperment schnapps
top with whipped cream
garnish with peppermint stick

Hot Apple Pie

Hot apple cider
1 shot tuaca
top with whipped cream
garnish with cinnamin stick

Then take all of your friends key's for a few hours, Happy winter.... ;)

Edited by spooksareus, 07 December 2005 - 09:12 PM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#19 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

THE MOST AWESOME FUDGE IN THE WORLD!!

Once again Boo has risked life and limb to get her hands on her moms recipes (which she had to steal from her mom who makes the best peanutbutter fudge on earth. Unfortunately the Lady took that secret to the grave with her.

Anyway...

4 1/2 cups sugar
1 large can (12 oz.) of Milnot
2 sticks of margarine.

Melt above ingredients over medium heat until it begins to boil. Then set timer for 6 minutes and stir constantly(will be boiling the whole time). When times up remove from heat then add...

12 0z. of Hersheys milk chocolate bars
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of peanut butter (I think it gives it a richer flavor without interfering with the chocolate taste...1 cup of marshmallow cream can be used as a substitute if you dont want to use the peanutbutter)
2 teaspoons vanilla

stir everything until blended (wont look it though lol! ) then pour into buttered 9 X 13 in. pan (you'll need it trust me) let set in refridgerator overnight cut into desired sized pieces and ENJOY!!!

(optional ingredients to be added in after you've mixed all other ingredients)
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 to 2 cups dried raisins or other assorted dried fruit depending on preference

Edited by lulaboo, 24 December 2005 - 09:34 PM.

Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#20 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

Chocolate Eclairs for Lulaboo

1 cup water
5 1/3 tablespoons (about 3 ounces) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 to 5 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Line one baking sheet with a Silpat and a second one with parchment paper (or line both sheets with parchment if you don't have a Silpat). Set up a heavy-duty mixer with the paddle attachment.
Combine the water, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the flour all at once, and stir rapidly with a stiff heatproof or wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and the bottom of the pan is clean, with no dough sticking to it. The dough should be glossy and smooth but still damp.
Enough moisture must evaporate from the dough to allow it to absorb more fat when the eggs are added. Continue to stir for about 5 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent the dough from coloring. A thin coating will form on the bottom and sides of the pan. When enough moisture has evaporated, steam will rise from the dough and there will be the nutty aroma of cooked flour.
Immediately transfer the dough to the mixer bowl and mix for a few seconds to release some of the heat from the dough. With the mixer on medium speed, add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next one; scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Turn off the machine. Lift some of the dough on a rubber spatula, then turn the spatula to let it run off: It should fall off the spatula very slowly; if it doesn't move at all or is very dry and falls off in one clump, beat in the additional egg.
Place the dough in a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip. Pipe 15 disks (this will give you 3 extras for testing) about 1 1/2 inches across and just under 1/2 inch thick on the Silpat-lined baking sheet, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between them, as they will expand when baked. Pipe the remainder on the other sheet. (You will have about 4 dozen in all.) Bake the 15 puffs for the recipe and freeze the ones on the second baking sheet until firm, then transfer to a freezer container and freeze for another time.
Bake the puffs for 10 minutes, turn the sheet around, turn the oven down to 350°F, and bake 15 minutes more. Remove one puff and break it open: It should be hollow inside and not gooey or eggy; if it is still moist, return it to the oven and check in 5 minutes. Cool the puffs completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container until serving time.

Chocolate sauce
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped

Bring whipping cream to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool sauce until lukewarm. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat until just lukewarm and pourable, stirring frequently.)

Dip puffs in chocolate and let cool in fridge for ˝ hour.

Cut and fill puffs with heavy whipped cream. Keep in fridge or serve now.

..... :clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#21 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

:clap:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#22 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

That Fudge sounds good Boo.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#23 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:50 AM

Aside from my gramdma Ecks' peanutbutter fudge (which unfortunately she took that secret to the grave with her :Spaz: ) it's the best stuff on the planet!!! Whirly Dude

#24 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:43 PM

Boo, peanut butter fudge is very easy to make.

For a true fudge, bring some butter, sugar, corn syrup, and a touch of water up to a soft-ball stage. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Knead like normal fudge and form into a log (or press into a 8x8 pan lined with wax paper). You do not include the peanut butter in the boiling stage because it can become bitter :wow:

For a fudge-like creation (from Alton Brown):
1 C butter
1 C peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb confectioners' sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter on high for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and sugar. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8x8 pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1 inch squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users