Automatic Writing

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:21 AM

Jeff's new book has a wonderful chapter on automatic writing. You should check it out.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:10 AM

I know a sensitive who practised automatic writing. Problem is, you are actively inviting a spirit into your body to control your hand. Not the smartest thing to do in my opinion. :explode:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#18 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

*shivers*
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#19 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:51 AM

Problem is, you are actively inviting a spirit into your body to control your hand. Not the smartest thing to do in my opinion. :(

I've never tried it based on that reason alone. Gives me chills just thinking about it.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#20 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the replies. I just want to read up on it. I'm really interested in stuff like that. I tried it years ago. It was in a book that talked about it . It said that it was basically used for talking to your gaurdian angel. Then I read somewhere else that said it was used to talk to ghosts. I'm just interested in the opinions of different people. I don't think I'd ever try it again.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#21 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well, like ouija, you can control what kind of spirits you want to attract.
petunia4998

#22 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

Pan Pipes (occult store) used to carry an "Automatic Writing" planchette. Basically you had a Ouija style planchette, with a place to put a pencil where the indicator normally is.... 3 legs with felt feet to help it glide. The planchette was lite weight, made of plastic. They don't have these anymore, and I don't see anybody carrying them either. Personally, I am uncomfortable with the way Automatic Writing works, so I don't do it.

:Wall:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#23 chillartist

chillartist

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

I probably shouldnt comment but being the huge fan of erich that i am im curious how exactly does one go about keeping the wrong kind of spirits out of ones business? I suppose its all belief but having known wicca witch and more i tend to think the rules on this side are alot less defined for us.Please disrespect intended i assure you all,just know far to many charlatans.

#24 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

The late Ruth Montgomery was a spiritualist/medium who wrote several books. My favorite was "A World Beyond" that was co-written by her spirit guide, The Arthur Ford. It is a wonderful book, and it would be good reading by anyone interested in automatic writing. It was written a long time ago, and your best bet would be to look for it at a library.

This sort of communication is not as scary as it sounds because you need to work with your spirit guide - you don't just invite any old ghost in.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#25 little supernatural girl

little supernatural girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

I just learned about Automatic writing 2 days ago! I tried it and all i got was...
(this was on my computer)
me: hello what is your name?
joseph
me: are you an animal?
no
me: do i have anyother spirit guides?
yes 12
---------------------------------------
and thats all i got. It was kinda weird, but cool all the same.
I advise saying a prayer, if thats the religion you follow, asking God to keep you safe.
P.L.&.U
<marquee>hey guys!</marquee>Posted Image

#26 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:13 AM

someone in my coven does automatic writing ALL the time. It usually happens when he's in trance and all of a sudden his hand will start moving like when someone is trying to write. So, someone will run over to get his pad and pen (he always has one around b/c he knows he does automatic writing a lot) and then once we give him the pad and pen it takes between 5-30 mins for him to finish his writing. It's very strange b/c the writing on the page is definetely NOT his own writing. It's always from either his spirit guides or spirits that he or someone in our coven knows. He'll usually read out loud what is on the pad and normally there is at least one sentence for each member of the coven, or it's one long message to the whole coven. It's very interesting and I have never been scared or worried.

This person has been doing this for years and it took a while before he could do this but everyone can learn how to if you read about it and practice it on a regular basis.

#27 JoeFriday

JoeFriday

test

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the unknown.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:44 AM

Recently I've been doing some research on the art of Automatic Writing. I was jus wondering if anyone here knew some details about how it works.
Just the facts, ma'am.

#28 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:00 AM

Here are links to other threads about automatic writing:

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=8235
http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=4913
http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=2058

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#29 JoeFriday

JoeFriday

test

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the unknown.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

Thank you Aloha for the information.
Just the facts, ma'am.

#30 Blackviolett

Blackviolett

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Photography (amateur), books, travel, supernatural, paranormal, tattoos, art, piercings, motorbikes

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:03 AM

Hi there,

this might be of interest to you..

http://www.occultope...tic_writing.htm
"iT wAs tHE VoICes ThAt MaDE me Do iT OfFicEr"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users