• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:47 PM

Another way to communicate with spirits is through automatic writing. Has anyone tried this? I can do it, but I'm afraid it takes more patience than I am equipped with to make heads or tails out of what I get. It's amazing, though. My hand with the pen just takes off and scribbles across the paper. It's such a weird feeling because there's no control; the hand just moves. I urge you to try it.
petunia4998

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:56 PM

AUTOMATIC WRITING --> Hi Petunia, this is one old thread we had on this subject.

Have you done automatic writing yourself? If so, what or how do you do it? Meditation? Any other methods?
Posted Image

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:19 PM

Thank you, MoonChild; I was unaware that this was an old thread. Thanks for the heads-up, I will certainly check the archives. No, I say a little prayer, but I just sit with a piece of paper and a pen and then off I go!
petunia4998

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:15 AM

Petunia,

When you do this, are you trying to reach a particular person? Or do you feel a presence and attempt to make contact via automatic writing? Or....do you just sometimes give it a try thinking someone may come through?

I don't know a whole lot about automatic writing so I'd love to hear about some of your experiences -
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:35 PM

There used to be companies that made special Planchettes, like those used with a Ouija Board, that would hold a pencil where the indicator is normally (little window). This essentially is the same as doing the Ouija by yourself, which is not recommended....

:D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:52 PM

No Holly, I never do it with the intention of contacting anybody specific, just wanting to see what comes through. And I lose interest very quickly because all I get is scrawls, no kind of word at all. Maybe that's because I don't do it on a regular basis. Do you think that's what my problem is? Should I do it regularly? What is your opinion?
petunia4998

#7 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

I believe that practice makes perfect in many aspects of our lives and the case of automatic writing is no exception.

I would develop it into a ritual...something I do every day or every other day at a specific time. I would request guidance prior to beginning and actually, while I was just starting out, I would ask for assistance from someone I know who is deceased. I think they might be more willing to come through in the manner which I need. After that, I would extend my gift towards unknown spirits who wish to communicate.

I've read alot of your posts,Petunia, and have complete faith that this is an art you would be exceptionally good at.

Posted Image

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:17 PM

Thank you for your kind words, Holly. It's just that consistancy is not my strong point. But I will definitely try again.
petunia4998

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:26 PM

Petunia, I assume you have got the gift, so why not consiously polish it for the better?
Posted Image

#10 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:09 PM

MoonChild, I know, I know you and Holly are right, but I'm such a Gemini, it's hard for me to stick to one thing!
petunia4998

#11 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

LOL, Petunia! I so understand. Aries has the same problem...We like to begin a whole lot of projects and then walk away before completion while someone else brings them to fruition based on our ideas.

Maybe you could start with small steps.....Once a week for a while, then twice a week, etc. I would keep these days consistent,though - -Ritual plays such an important part in the paranormal world.

Posted Image

#12 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

I've always had an interest in it. I read a book once that said anyone can do it, but I've also heard that only certain people have had any success with it. Does anyone know anything about it? Do you know of a good website? I've tried a few, but they were not that great. :) Thanks! :)
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#13 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

I've tried it, but it's never worked for me. I did have one time where I was sleepy, and I was copying my history notes. I feel asleep, and when I woke up I had written some words, but I'm not sure if that really counts. I'm sorry, I don't know any websites, but automatic writing is interesting....
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#14 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:50 PM

Here are a few sites regarding automatic writing:

http://www.crystalin...ic_writing.html

http://paranormal.ab....htm?once=true
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

I think of automatic writing more as a way to discover your subconscious thoughts than communicate with spirits. In order for spirits to talk to us through this, they would either have to plant thoughts into our minds or take possession of our hand (something I'm not very comfortable with).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users