5 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:32 PM

What I mean by organization is, how much formal procedures, meetings, committees, and the like does your group work with? Does somone take minutes of the meeting, are your meetings run like large firms and so on? Are members "nominated" into certain positions?

Talk amongst yourselves!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

good subject, anyone want to discuss?
Posted Image

#3 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:36 PM

DPRT is very orginised, not thanks to me, lol. We always begin by assessing the call and than we meet the home owner for an interview and if agreed we have them sign a contract releasing them if we get hurt in their home and a seperate contract that grants us permission to use the evidence. The homeowner decided just how much evidence can be used though. We also keep detailed files and evidence folders on every case we do. We have contacts in various fields we call on and the process is simular.

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

Organization is a must with any group. If you want to follow Roberts Rules of Order for your meetings then good. Or you can conduct meetings in a more casual manner but notes should be kept. Yes you should nominate and vote members into positions. This keeps any one or two people from running things. Make it a group effort whenever possible. New members should be voted on by the group. This is the only way you can prevent back stabbing later on down the road. In fact with my group it is all or nothing where new members are concerned. If one disagrees then they are not allowed in. I know that sounds harsh but it works.

Proper paperwork is a must for investigations. This protects you and the property owners. Keep everything in writing so you dont have to deal with he said she said later on.

Edited by CajunKnight, 24 November 2005 - 11:37 PM.

Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

Besides me, there's only four other people in Grim Undertakings. We're getting a bit more organized. Even though it's been since 2002, I've found that along the way there's been a lot of trial and error in terms of conducting things. Since the whole ghost investigating thing seems to be pretty much self-taught, I've made alot of mistakes. From trying to find a serious group of people (I've finally found some good friends, in the past it's been really frustrating. Alot of people will act serious in hopes that you'll take them along, only to get there and become totally different people) to learning how to approach people. I plan to keep the group this size because it works well I find. We do take along guests sometimes which we find to be okay.
But even though at times it's been hard, it's fun learning from our mistakes; keeps it interesting.
We actually only had our first official meeting the other day! Shame, I know, but it went even better then I thought it would. It's really starting to feel like we're getting somewhere as a team. It's good to be on the same page. ;)

#6 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

I think orginization not only presents you in a professional way but saves so much time. If you have propor paperwork you are able to get situations with law enforcement at ease in good time and if you have files handy you can always have them on hand for follow ups to cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users