Salt Lamps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:09 AM

I saw an advertisement for salt lamps recently. They are suppose to charge the air with positive ions, and alieve problems caused by negative ions.

Ion counters are used in ghost research because the ion count in the air changes when a ghost is around, usually the negative ion count rises.

So, if someone had a very haunted house and put salt lamps in every room, what would be the outcome, would it increase or decrease the activity.

I think it would tend to decrease the activity, but that is my opinion.

Anyone?  ???
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#2 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:12 AM

Is that like one of those Mosquito candles? only for Orbs?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#3 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:30 AM

Could be  ;D

I was thinking it may work like one.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:30 AM

Heheh, Heck! you never know!!!!!

#5 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:44 AM

I would also think that it would tend to decrease activity.

#6 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:09 AM

Actually I just read on one site where they are suppose to increase the negative ions in the air, so perhaps the activity would increase?

???

Any ideas?

#7 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:12 AM

Here is what they look like BTW.

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:37 AM

Hmmm......

#9 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:02 AM

Air Ion Counter

The Air Ion Counter can be used for the detection of natural and artificial ions. Natural ions include those generated from the decay of radioactive minerals and radon gas, ions generated by fires, lightning, and evaporating water, and ions associated with storm activity. Note that in fair weather at sea level, typical ion counts are about 400 negative and 500 positive ions per cubic centimeter. Before a storm, positive ions increase dramatically. During a storm, negative ions increase.

The Ion Counter can gauge the output and coverage of artificial sources such as ion generators, improperly grounded air conditioning vents, combustion vapor and electrically charged or heated surfaces, and plasma-discharge ions in air and other gases. This device can be adjusted to measure positive, or in paranormal investigation cases, negative ions separately. Much like with an electromagnetic field detector, the ions in the air will measure as a high disturbance when anomalous energy is present. This device is great for investigations because it is sensitive to natural effects like radiation, electrical storms and radon.... thus, is not easily disturbed by power outlets. However, this also can be a major drawback if you are unaware of the ambient atmosphere you are investigating in.

#10 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:04 AM

So the salt lamp ad said it would increase negative ions therefore if your house was haunted it may increase the haunting effect?  ???

Anyone have any take on this positive/negative ions?

#11 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:18 AM

Actually, negative Ions are supposed to attract dust and other particles which are usually positively charged floating around in the air.  This would cause them to clump together and drop to the floor.  So I think what you would have if you charged a whole room with positive Ions would be the opposite effect.  There would be natural magnetic repulsion of all of the tiny particles in the room causing them to float or be VERY easily kicked up by walking around in the room.  So what these candles would really increase would be FALSE orbs and activity due to dust and fibers in the air.  Which is what we are trying to avoid, is it not?   :D
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#12 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:01 PM

mastermind73 hmm, I was refering to activity such as doors slamming shut, shadows, footsteps, voices your standard haunting type stuff. If you had one of these lamps could it help matters or make it worse which is what I was throwing out there for debate. I was not even thinking of photos and orbs in them, although what you say is true, poor housekeeping correlates to more photos of ghosts!  ;D

I know that standard suggestion for de-haunting a home is sage, salt in the corners of the room, more sunlight in the rooms to help break up the negative energy.

Ghosts are energy, these salt lamps change the ions in the air, how may that effect a ghost?

#13 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

I think it would decrease activity.  

First of all, one of the ways to cleanse a house is with salt, and secondly, the positive ions would neutralize negative ions.

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:44 PM

Hi, OhHorror, I know ion counters are used in investigations to detect level of activity<negative ion count is higher>so I think it'd follow suit that if you had something that radiated negative ions, activity should be higher...only one way to find out :D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users