• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:58 PM

I have my mother's dining room table. We ate at least one meal around that table everyday. (Even if it was meat crumbles with catsup - still a favorite at my house) What wonderful memories. . .
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#17 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:04 PM

My musicbox that was a sort of posthumous birthday gift from my grandmother...I think I made a post on this board about in one of the earliest threads in Spirit Communication...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#18 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:18 PM

I have racked my brain, and decided the many trips to YellowStone National Park brought me the most joy. It was like a huge world to me as a child, I become so many different people while in its maze of splendor.. I was An Indian, a cowboy, a zookeeper, a scientist, even a slayer of dragons. Yes, indeed, within the mind of a child lies a huge imagination.....;)...Nice Post..Bunny...Hugs
Posted Image

#19 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:25 PM

I cherish my holly hobby, a raggedy ann type doll that was named after my friends sister when she was born (the sister is now 21)

I keep her close so that if i ever have a daughter it will become hers.

I also still have my grandmothers baby ring which was given to my mom, which in turn was given to me and which will be given to my daughter ....if I have children anyway ...lol

And of course pictures upon pictures... :rolleyes:
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#20 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hmm, well, I still have my very first Teddy bear ever. Even with the many times mom sewed him up, and his buttons for eyes now, he looks a little weathered, but I can't part with him. He saw me through many hospital stays as a lad.

As for memories, well, there is one that sticks with me to this day. We were pretty poor when I was really little, and toys were made with what we could find and use our imagination with. I found an old Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket, and we used the lid off of that as a frisbee. I still smile whenever I see one of those lids. Sentimental, yeah, but some good memories of fun with my dad.
Posted Image

#21 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

Justa, it sounds like your worn Teddy bear was a good "friend" and a comfort to you when you were growing up.

#22 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

I really enjoy reading what you guys have to say!!! Tis so very sweet! Glad you guys all enjoy it! ;)
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#23 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

You're right on the button FloridaLizardQueen. He was a good friend when I needed one, and he didn't complain a lot, like the girls with their cooties :D
Posted Image

#24 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:49 AM

heh, I remember getting a pound puppy for Christmas when I was little. I still have it, but is forever silent(was one that could bark when you squeezed it). In H.S. my friends use to make fun of me for carrying it around in my backpack(well...that is till they looked inside the pouch where the old 'barker' use to go :lol: ). They had a no gameboy rule at the school and teachers would check the bags randomly(can you guess what the puppy was used for :P ) Teachers never caught on...well the principal did but I had to keep it in the puppy till a) lunch and hide somewhere and :D till afterschool(where I stayed like 2-3 hours after everyone else :(.

#25 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:25 AM

Ok this is a strange one:

About 20 years ago my mom gave me a cherry pitter. It was old and rusty, and she said it was an early inheritance.

This cherry pitter originally belonged to my grandmother. When we were kids there was a huge cherry tree in our backyard. We would climg up on ladders and pick those delicious sour cherries. After we got a big bowl of them, we would sit down at the kitchen table and take turns pitting the cherries with the cherry pitter. Then my mom would bake the best cherry pie anyone has ever had!

I have fond memories of the cherry pie making, the warm feeling you get when you sit around at the family table and work together on something as homey and delicious as a fresh baked cherry pie.

I told my mom I wanted the cherry pitter and she was happy to pass it along to another generation. Sadly, I lost it, I think my boyfirend's mother threw it away when she saw it in the drawer, thinking it was some old nasty tool that needed to be discarded.

It still makes me sad today that it is gone forever. I could never tell my mom that i lost it, she would be broken hearted too.

:(
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#26 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:04 PM

*blows cootie kisses to Justa* :)

I have a beautiful old wooden music box that was given to me by my grandmother, which happened to be handed down to her when she was little by her mother and an old worn book that was my favorite bedtime story book as a child that I carried around everywhere *Rumplestiltskin*

Oh Bridget, that is so sad :D
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#27 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:34 PM

Bridgie~ I am so sorry to hear that! I know it is very hard to lose or have someone else throw away something that you held very dear to your heart. I have also had that happen to me, but will not go into the story for it is a lil embarrassing for me. LOL Again, sorry to hear about your treasured cherry pitter fateful journey to the trash! *hugs*
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#28 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:39 PM

Thanks all of you! It was very sentimental to me, and I have never been able to find one like it either.

*****sobs*****
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#29 cat5799

cat5799

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:20 PM

I have my grandpa's watch that my mom gave to me when I was 5. After my grandpa was killed by a drunk driver. I have it is a safe place and look at it everyday. :D

#30 Papilio

Papilio

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:24 PM

Best thing from childhood is the smell of home baked bread; even now it can evoke a sense of warmth, safety and home. The practice of mixing, kneading and multiple raisings is meditative and is an exercise in patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users