• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:51 AM

I was thinking this might be fun to do. I was wondering what everyone has from their childhood that they still treasure to this day. Something you can't live without. Basically something you have for comfort.

I really can't add anything to this topic myself, but would be interested in knowing about others.

Please share with us all! ;)
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#2 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:59 AM

I have the bear my dad bought my mom in the hospital when she was having me!!! And many Disney movies. . . like Peter Pan, that I treasure.
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:00 AM

My family was dirt poor when I was growing up, so we were always "playing pioneer". No matter how bad things got, we figured if we could eat good, things would get better.

Here are some of those comfort foods from harder times:

homemade fudge. Just my dad and I would work on the pot of this treat for hours. We continued this until I moved from home. Now I have to make the batch by myself.

hamburger crumbles served with ketchup.

Cherry-peppermint jello for Christmas.

Dried peach pits! talk about a tasty nut!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Kellerz

Kellerz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:06 AM

i have a little dog teddy bear that ive had since the day i was born... his names Toby ;)
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:17 AM

hhmmm...... I guess I am the odd man out! I don't have any such things that I keep from childhood, except perhaps my memories.
Posted Image

#6 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:42 AM

I have a stuffed chimpanzee that about half the stuffing is missing from the torso area.... That sucker is as old as I am, and I took it everywhere. It also has had many battle scars where my mom sewed him up here and there... I remember the dog got him once. I can remember going to the hospital as a little kid to get checked out for something, and the nurse asked if I wanted a sucker, and one for the "monkey"... of course I said he wanted one lol So I got two suckers...... ;)
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#7 gjross74

gjross74

Senior Villager

• NMPI
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Well for the most part, NMPI is what I spend most of my time working on. Mostly research lately. But outside of that, cars, car audio, and anything to do with racing.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:34 AM

I have a blanket that I have to take with me everywhere I move to. It is a pound puppy blanket that I have had since I was a kid. I used to have all the pound puppy stuffed animals, and even had matching curtains to go with it all. :ph34r:
OK, SO I MAY BE OUT OF MY MIND! YOU JUST GOTTA WORK WITH ME HERE! --THE RESEARCH GOD! -- NMPI

#8 Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*

Guest_FloridaLizardQueen_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:43 AM

I cherish the times I spent with my Gramma when I was a kid. She always let me come over to her house if I happened to call her up and ask. Like if it started thundering outside, I would call her and ask if it was ok to come over, and she would always tell me yes. We used to spend time playing cards or baking cookies together or just taking walks together. I do miss her now, but she lives on in spirit.

#9 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:51 AM

These are all such very sweet stories! I guess the only thing I have is my memories, which are slim, and a few pictures of me as a lil one to keep my past alive. I lost all my stuff due to a house fire when I was 3 yrs. old, so the little I do have I cherish. ;)
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#10 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:32 AM

I still have all my BARBIES! And I still play with them LOL! And I have my brother's GI Joe!

;) :( :weeee: :weeee:

And I still have my sewing machine that I got for my 13th birthday, and I still use it!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:14 AM

I have been a comic book collector since I was a kid. I didn't have too many that I actually owned back in those days but I really cherish my Spider-man comics. I also have an action figure that is from the late 60's that I had as a kid. I used to have some other super hero ones from those days too but I don't know where they ended up.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 furbys_evil

furbys_evil

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:dont really have any

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:06 AM

that is realy cool you all have that stuff i do not have much only pics i had all the care bears but they got put in the trash cause they got wet (mom did it what a butt she could of washed them :weeee: :weeee: ) but i do have my sheets from when i was 13 or 15 of whinne the pooh and a 2 foot whinne the pooh bear i still have sence i was in the 4 to the 5 grade i do think

o an gj i had pound puppys as well not the blankit :weeee:
"......Human beings, by changeing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:47 AM

I still have this stuffed bunny rabbit that was given to my mother for me when I was still in the womb.

It USED to be pink....so I'm told. All the pink fuzz is gone and she's just the brownish base fabric. Half of her is stuffed with old nylons and her ears no longer stick up (they tell me she used to have upright ears). And she's kinda flat because she used to sleep under my neck at night.

I was in my mid-twenties before I stopped sleeping with that bunny. But I still love her.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:25 PM

I have an old panda bear that i had when i was 3 years old i think :weeee: i still got it but its just sitting at my mothers in a chair, always watching the room :weeee: ................and occasionally it even tells me to burn things but i dont listen to him anymore.

:weeee: :weeee:
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#15 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:36 PM

I have a picture of my dad when he was 8 going to his moms funeral, that I made copies for my 7 brothers and sisters of, but most of all I have memories of my mom making home made bread and my dad comming in to check on every one of his kids after his midnight shift no matter how tired he was. He'de make Sunday dinned because that was his day off and he wanted to spend it with his family, he'd drag out the barbeque, rain, shine, snow, it didn't matter. You can't hold the memories in your hands but you can hold 'em in your heart and no one can ever take them away, kinda kool! :D
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users