• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:26 PM

Due to my financial situation (meaning I have no finaces!) I'm moving back home, and will be on here a little more often.

I have a question. What are different ways to contact the deceased? (Besides a Ouija Board...I don't wanna mess with those!) I mentioned in my last post that my uncle had died. He was like a father to me, and even tho I've experienced loss, this one hurts more than any of them. I've never lost anyone this close. He knew I was exremely interested in the paranormal. I'd love more than anything to try and contact him. If it's even possible...how does one "become" a ghost anyways?

I'm just curious if anyone has different contact methods. Thanks for any help.  :)
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#2 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:20 AM

hey girl!  i hear you about your financial situation... i had to move back in with my parents after 2 years of college and freedom.  it was a good move, tho.  i don't think you'll regret it.

as for contacting your uncle, there are a lot of different things you can try.  but the main thing to remember is to BE PATIENT.

even if your uncle is not roaming the earth as a ghost, you can still contact him.  start with a simple meditation.  i often find that first contact is helpful in a dream setting - or when it's quiet and you won't be interrupted.  for me this is usually before bedtime.

lay down or assume a meditative position - get comfy.  close your eyes and relax.  visualize your uncle and with your mind (voice isn't necessary unless you need to speak aloud) call out to him.  let him know that you are looking for him, and ask him if he will choose a sign that will let  you know that he is near.  you may not get an answer for several nights - sometimes it can take months.

in the mean time, once you have made your intention prayer to your uncle known, you may want to try a different method of contacting him.  this will depend on what you find is a workable type of mediumship for you.  regular meditation might work - it's not always gratifying for the medium, however.

automatic writing is reliable only some of the time - and you may not get your uncle -- it's kind of like ouija in that you may channel a spirit and not know its identity.  tarot is almost always a searching tool and will not give you much communication... when contacting a relative it's often best to choose a "home grown" communication tool that the person would recognize:  like playing cards?  you can use the red for yes and black for no and ask him questions...

first of all, try the meditative contact.  i can't guarntee that it will work immediately, but it almost always works for me in the long run.

good luck!   :)

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:48 PM

Hey, GHG,
Meditation is a good way to do it, but keep in mind there is
no guarenteed safe way to contact a spirit and it should never be attempted lightly because you can get someone really...unpleasant instead, so please be careful and have protective measures on hand or a means to banish/drive off unwanted guests ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it, but I have a bit of a patience problem. (Not a good thing in the paranormal hunting field!) And I do promise to be careful!  :)

#5 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:31 PM

Duh on my part! If I would have stopped to think about it, I think I have come into some sort of contact with my uncle. Ever since his death, I keep having dreams with him in it.  He talks to me, and in my dreams I know he is dead. In one of my dreams he talked about his new job in Heaven.

I just found out tonight that he's contacted other members of my family. His cousin, who happened to be one of his best friends, had a dream one night where the phone rang and when he answered it he heard this "Heeeeeey Charlie!" And he heard lots of static too. And Charlie said, "I knew you'd call!" And my uncle responded by saying, "Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing OK here." And Charlie's wife woke him up because he was sitting up in bed talking on the phone in his sleep. My uncle's sister in law has also had an encounter. She saw this long tall band of light (my uncle was extremely tall and skinny) and she called out "Mick?" and it disappeared.

I guess he has been sticking around here a bit. And I forgot that dreams can be a sort of contact source too. I'm excited to see what else happens!

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:49 AM

Hey, GHG ;D It is still a really special encounter and a totally cool one,ty for sharing it
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users