• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:25 PM

I am totally fascinated with the old Waverly Hills Sanatorium. The architecture is impressive, and the building's past so tragic. I've been to the site, but was never able to enter the building because it was guarded.

There is a movie and a documentary about Waverly coming out soon. The movie is called Death Tunnel http://www.deathtunnel.com The documentary is called Spooked http://www.spooked.org

Judging by the trailers, they should be decent. I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to this place and has some experiences they could share about it, I'd love to hear them.
DOG is my co-pilot.

#2 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

bump <_<
DOG is my co-pilot.

#3 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:09 AM

I'd love to visit this place... I'm close enough to Kentucky that I'll have to look into making that happen.

But how much of what I read on the site is true and how much is hype? 63,000 dead? The place could only hold 400 people!

#4 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:18 AM

That looks pretty good....might have to make that a summer trip!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#5 MadwomanSpirit

MadwomanSpirit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:45 AM

Waverly is really a scary place. I saw that site, and the film looks quite promising. I have heard that it proves to be quite a challenge for even the seasoned ghost investigator to explore. Very disturbed place. :blink:

#6 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

I'd love to visit this place... I'm close enough to Kentucky that I'll have to look into making that happen.

But how much of what I read on the site is true and how much is hype? 63,000 dead? The place could only hold 400 people!

It's true. Even though the place could only hold 400 or so patients, 40 or 50 a day were dying at the height of the TB epidemic. You have to remember that before Streptomycin antibiotics were discovered after WW2, TB was fatal almost 90% of the time.
DOG is my co-pilot.

#7 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:57 AM

first time i ever heard about waverly hills was on scariest places on earth back in october. lets just say i didn't sleep very well that night. the whole story and history behind the building just gives me the willlies.

63,000 people died there? good lord that's twice the people that live in my town!

what i've always been curious about is the body chute at the sanatorium. does anyone know anything about that?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#8 GhostHunter0985

GhostHunter0985

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:14 PM

what i've always been curious about is the body chute at the sanatorium. does anyone know anything about that?

The Body Chute is a long tunnel that leads away from the main building. The tunnel has steps on one side where the nurses would lead the gurnie tables down to the end of the chute where a hearse would be waiting to take the body away. The purpose of this was that if you had TB you knew that you had a slight chance for survival, but if you kept seeing bodies leaving the building, it would really lower your morale. Waverly Hills is the second most haunted place in the United States, and the 10th most haunted place in the world.

I will be going on a 2 night investigation inside Waverly Hills in about a month or so. I am vice-president of a New Albany, Indiana Ghost Hunter Society, and we have chosen 15 people to go on this with us. I will definatly share the pics when the investigation is complete.
Posted Image

#9 Scottie1173

Scottie1173

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I believe there is something after, what I don't know, nor does any other living thing! All I know is that it is nothing to fear. It's just another part of our journey!

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:16 PM

Been there done that! The place is a little creepy, but what place wouldn't be with that much "bad" energy there! It was a horrible time in our history, but we made it! Only God knows whats in store for us next! Something along the lines of Mr. King's "The Stand" I'd say.

#10 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:00 AM

This is all fasinating :rolleyes:

I have never heard of this place , but how sad... :)

I wish for peace for all these lost souls..

I can not wait to see the investigations results on this 2 night stay "ghosthunter"

Starla :D

#11 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:26 PM

Waverly Hills is the second most haunted place in the United States, and the 10th most haunted place in the world.

Just curious, what is the most haunted place in the US? I can't imagine anyplace being more haunted than Waverly.

Waverly Hills is the second most haunted place in the United States, and the 10th most haunted place in the world.

Just curious, what is the most haunted place in the US? I can't imagine anyplace being more haunted than Waverly.
DOG is my co-pilot.

#12 munbby

munbby

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm only a few hours from Waverly. I would love to check it out. It is a very sad and tragic mark on our history.

#13 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

I'd like to go into Waverly Hills myself, I am Cofounder of a group based in Ashland KY I'm only about two hours away and would like to get contact info. Any body able to help with that. I can't seem to find out any where else.

#14 waverlyspook

waverlyspook

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:36 AM

You can visit Waverly Hills probably starting sometime in July or August and going until October or November. Tours are given by the Louisville Ghost Hunters Society. The tours usually last about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Visit http://www.louivilleghs.com for more info. I've been there numerous times and have experienced some interesting suff each time.

#15 kentuckyghosthunter

kentuckyghosthunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:30 AM

I went there back in september for the Mid-South Paranormal confrence. It is an impressive structure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users