Free Skins
© Fisana

Where Do You Get Equipment For Investigations

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 14 November 2003 - 01:52 PM

Where do you get the equipment for paranormal investigations?  I want to conduct more thorough investigations inside and outside of my home.  The only thing I have so far is a tape recorder.I want to know what type of equipment is good to use and where to purchase such items.  I like the pics that are posted throughout GV and I want to take some of the area where I live and post them. I do have a 35mm camera. But I haven't really gotten any pics of the inside of my home. If anyone can suggest some good places online or off to get the equipment, I would really appreciate it ;D

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 03:27 PM

Hi, IceWingGales, Hmmmm...E-Bay's prolly the best bet for online equiptment.

Otherwise a good hardware store for an EMF meter and IR thermometer*or radio shack for the therm*a camcorder with nightshot or super nightshot option is always a good idea*Wal-Mart or Sears tend to have the best prices*You'll also pick up tricks or notions of your own as you continue to investigate. A tape recorder tends to work better for EVPs as a digital tends to leave a residue voiceover even when erased :o
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:48 AM

;D
Thanx Whispers!  I will definitely be looking into getting more equipment.  

#4 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:11 AM

Ebay for sure, I just bought 3 tripods for cameras for under $28 for all three. If you can think of it you can find it on Ebay.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:54 PM

*LOL*Ohhorror, you sound like an add for E-bay ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:26 PM

;D I guess you got me there Drew!

The only problem is when you really really want something and people bid against you driving the price sky high.

Some recent things that I have gotten off Ebay, a geiger counter, (3) wireless camera system with IR motion sensors, tripods for the cameras, a new bigger IR spotlight for my camcorder.

The camera system is for house investigations so that we can set them up in hallways or rooms that we want to monitor. Considering we have 15 house investigation requests the new equipment should come in handy.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:07 AM

DANG!! 15 Investigations pending, your group IS going to be busy, Amigo :o ;D

You know, I totally agree about E-Bay being the best bet as far as equiptment goes, in fact, need to check sitch's for low light goggles 'cause, as is I do a lot of juggling with camera and my monocular*LOL*I wonder if the APA will make them issue an addictive substance warning on the homepage :)

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:28 AM

nice setup ohhorror, and congrats on the investigation requests.  Gah, If I really think about the setup I would like to see used on a building investigation, I think I'd have a heartattacke looking at what it would cost hardware wise.  

Surveilence cameras, montitoring, recorders, audio recorders, video cameras, still photo cameras, motion sensors, misc. gear (temp, humidity/barometric, compasses, stop watches, flashlights, communication system, spare batteries, tapes, good lord)  If only I hadn't gotten into cars, car audio, and PCs several years ago, I'd be freaking oozing with gear right now LOL!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#9 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 08:44 AM

Akthra:

It's not too bad if you budget yourself and get something every month.

The 3 wireless cameras are X-10 you see them on the internet all the time. On Ebay I got 3 cameras, power supply, video transmitters and receivers for $100 with shipping.

$25 bucks from another guy for the VCR commander and IR motion dectectors so that the cameras switch on and record only when they sense movement.

$25 bucks for 3 tripods for the cameras with shipping.

$35 for a Sony IR spot light for my camcorder.

So we are not talking huge amounts of money, if you buy 1 thing a month you will have tons of stuff in no time. Let's not forget Christmas is right around the corner perfect time to add something to your wish list.

Make a list of what you really need and then check Ebay for prices and then just budget it. If it something special you can create a search agent on Ebay and they will e-mail you when one appears to bid on.

#10 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:45 AM

This is very true.... Ebay becomes your friend.  I'll have to do some searching around out there.... make a list and plan for this spring.

#11 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:12 AM

For anyone who is interested the is a seller on Ebay selling IR plastic to be trimmed to fit any flashlight/lantern up to 7 in in dia. I do not currently need this but I thought it would interest anyone with a Sony night vision camcorder, oh and right now it's a $1.00!

Infrared Plastic/IR lens/spotlight/Mag/Laser
This Is The Real Stuff - GUARANTEED !!  Item number: 3639575089  

#12 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:00 AM

Here ya go

http://www.ghosthunterstore.com/

Rockhauler2k1 :)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#13 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:37 AM

I've looked ther numerous times too.... can't bring myself to setup a paypal account.  I don't know why, I-Net paranoia I guess, lol!

#14 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:46 AM

I was the same way and then took the plunge Pay Pal has worked great for me, no more running to the post office for a money order and you increase the shipping time.

• Guests

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:41 AM

Thanx Rockhauler and all that have responded to my post ;D
The Ghost Hunter Store was especially helpful.  The prices are reasonable and the item description and uses have cleared up the questions I had about what all these things are used for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users