Pregnancy and Hunting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SpectoralHigh

SpectoralHigh

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:39 AM

Just a quick question for all you veteran hunters/investigators. If a woman is pregnant should she avoid going on investigations for spirit activities? I have never heard or seen this discussed and was wondering what everyone else thought.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:21 AM

I think that it is perfectly fine.  As long as your doctor approves the activity level.  It could be played on by an evil spirit at some point but since there hasn't been anyone ever killed by a spirit, safety should not be an issue. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:22 AM

No but, I would carry few spirit wards and couple of barriers.

#4 SpectoralHigh

SpectoralHigh

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for your opinion. I didn't think that there would be a problem since many women live and work in buildings that have high rates of activity. During both of my pregnancies we lived in houses that were haunted. With my last pregnancy I was even more sensitive to them than I was before.

#5 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 11:16 AM

yes, the others are correct:  as with anything else, be sure to observe normal safety and health measures.  obviously, you would be subject to more harm from chemicals or bad maintenance onsite than you would from actual harm from spirits.  

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#6 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 17 November 2003 - 11:28 AM

I never thought that it was ok to be pregnant and go ghost hunting with out being protected.  I guess its because of what happened to me while using a Ouija Board.  
Peace, love and happiness always!

#7 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 12:37 PM

KS - i'm not sure that i agree... although obviously, if you are afraid of going ghost hunting during pregnancy you should heed your emotions and not go.  

there have been no known cases of spiritual posession or harm due to spiritual contact during pregnancy - regardless of superstition or folklore.

KS, whatever may have happened during or after your use of the Ouija board may have been a frightening coincidence... it is not always wise to draw paralells between spiritual contact and subsequent action or events - occasionally they are connected, but we must remember that spirits are often mirrors of ourselves and may be able to raise our awareness of things that are already happening... ghosts have little power, and aside from snacking off of your emotional or physical energy or fear, i would say it would be a stretch to blame any medical happenings on the contact through the Ouija.

OG

#8 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:11 PM

I personally moved out of haunted house I lived in while pregnant, whatever was in there made its prescense known to clearly and my dog HATED it...the first chance to move we took just didn't want to take a chance that its wasn't such a nice being with a baby in the house.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:15 PM

masq - probably a wise idea to move anyway... one of my previous apartments that i've spoken about before here on gv was "infected..."  i won't call it haunted because the entities present there were the worst kind of insidious evil.  i would have moved regardless - pregnant, not pregnant, i didn't want to live there.

what we as women must remember is that we are like any other mother in the wild kingdom - when we have a little one or when we know that a little one is on its way, we watch out for ourselves even more carefully than we normally would.  

what might frighten us normally would frighten us twice as much during pregnancy or with a young child - so it is wise to avoid "bad" hauntings and frightening circumstances - nothing wrong with a little caution or superstition whatever the focus -- ghosts, ouija boards, violent neighbors, etc.  

OG

#10 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:00 AM

I will have to remember that.  OG are you picking up on something that I don't know yet?  ???  

#11 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:24 AM

KS - absolutely not - what do you mean?  just general advice.

most of the time when people get hurt during paranormal investigations, it is from fear and panic, not actual harm from a ghost.  my father always use to say, "the spirits can't hurt you, but they can make you hurt yourself."

OG

#12 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:44 AM

I am sorry I miss read.  I thought that you were saying that I was pregnant.  I was going to say that you are good cuz that is something that I don't even know.  I will pm you later and tell you why I snapped.  Sorry.

#13 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:58 AM

hmm!  never predicted pregnancy!!  i have predicted good shoe sales, though...

i can, however, predict that i will be posting to gv again... and again... and again...

and i can safely now predict that i'm going to stop posting for the moment and EAT SOME LUNCH!

::)  OG

#14 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:41 PM

Yes, I can see that you are good at predicting that!!

#15 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:44 PM

oh, and it was a yummy lunch, too.  tavern soup with sourdough rosemary bread and a small pot of ginseng tea from chinatown!

OG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users