• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 tss

tss

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:05 PM

I still think its a hoax. And it makes me really thing the Warrens are full of dookie.
Sincerely,tssserious fix ... because you have the attention span of a goldfish.

#47 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

I still think its a hoax.  And it makes me really thing the Warrens are full of dookie.

Dookie - that's so funny.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#48 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 02:32 PM

Okay the reason that they know that the sister was involved was because they actually found gun powder residue on her hands proving that she had shot the rifle. At first he said it was a mafia hit going through his fathers car dealership but then they found the murder weapon sitting in his room. Thus they had their killer. Sounded like a screwed up family though from what i got on the show but it was an account of the real story about the amityville horror. As to wether its really haunted or not i dont know never had the pleasure of visiting the homestead but i know that the family that lives there now has no reported events and believe that the spirits have sinced moved on.
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#49 angeleyes3785

angeleyes3785

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:42 PM

I think that something probably lingered after the murders in the house, but like others have said it was not to the extent that was portrayed in the book and in the movie. I don't know anything about the sister being involved, I've only heard that Ronnie did it. Now if he is all of the sudden saying that the sister was involved I'd have to say that he's just trying to find another thing to place blame on. But that's just my opinion.

#50 crsblonde8908

crsblonde8908

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:26 AM

Ok well I think that Amityville is real and that all the events that happened in that house had to have been true because if they weren't the person that made up that story up really had to be sick and twisted to think of things like that. :huh:

#51 crsblonde8908

crsblonde8908

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hey can anyone tell me how to change my picture?
:blink:

#52 angeleyes3785

angeleyes3785

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

Ok well I think that Amityville is real and that all the events that happened in that house had to have been true because if they weren't the person that made up that story up really had to be sick and twisted to think of things like that. :huh:

Most horror movies are sick and twisted. Have you ever seen House of 1000 Corpses or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Someone had to think up those too...In fact The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a perfect example of a real life crime (Leatherface) that was elaborated and made into a movie.

#53 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 03:18 AM

I think it was haunted when the Lutzes where there. I think Kathy had a high PK level plus most of the furniture like there beds from the Dufio's was still there. that is why I think its not haunted anymore. I think Edd Warren likes to embelish things too I think both sides have ;)

Father Pecoraro's "In Search Of" Interview

ghoststudy Amityville pic

#54 starlightgirl1904

starlightgirl1904

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:31 PM

Has anyone seen the movie, The Amityville Horror? Was it good or not? Also, what's all this stuff about the movie being based on a true story or whatnot? :huh: I also agree with angeleyes3785. I honestly think the director had a really sick and twisted imagination to make up such a movie if it wasn't based on a true story.

#55 Jasonlost

Jasonlost

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:52 PM

Who lives in the house now?

im just curious?

its very odd, That after 6 people were all Brutaly Murdered, anyone would want to Ever live there is Crazy...

Very curious, to who lives there now, :huh:

#56 cryptkeeperva

cryptkeeperva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Have over twenty plus years experience in the paranormal investigation field. I do not claim to be an expert as there is no such creature in paranormal investigations.<br><br>It does not matter how long you have been doing it, you will always be learning something new. I know as I said I have twenty plus years and yet I learn something new every day.<br><br>I have my own investigation team founded by me on August 20 2002. I love the paranormal and will help anyone in any way I can. All you have to do is ask.

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

TSS,

The Amityville horror is a work of fiction on Jay Ansons part and Ed and Lorraine Warren.

The Warrens claim where the pool was at this house was where there was a building that house insane indians. But there have been extensive background checks on the property by noted historians.

There were no indian tribes that lived anywhere near this area. Also there were never any buildings to house insane indians. So this was all totally fiction.

The Warrens still maintain this a bona fide paranormal event. The reason for this is due to the fact it is their biggest money maker on the Lecture Tours they make.

They stated that George and Kathy Lutz never drink. But George Lutz even admitted himself he used to go the Witches Brew Pub in Amityville. Which might I add there has never been such a place in Amityville.

The Warrens claim that Ronald DeFeo the man who killed his family in this home claimed to have heard voices telling him to do it. Ronald DeFeo was recently interviewed in his Prison Cell and he states that this was Hogwash, he never claimed this.

Also they claim that Father Peccaro was attacked by demons while in this home. How can this be as the Catholic Church NEVER had anything to do with this house except for once when they Blessed it when the Lutzes moved in.

Also check the lawsuits, George and KAthy Lutz were sued for breach of contract on the house payments as they were several months behind when they started to relate these horrible events. Hmmmmm MONEY MAKER??

They have also been sued by everyone they misrepresented in the book and LOST. The Warrens have been sued by their words on this matter and LOST.

People may say this is not True. Court Records do not lie. So Yess TSS Amityville, while a great movie, is a total work of FICTION.

Cryptkeeper
Posted Image

#57 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:58 AM

I still think its a hoax. And it makes me really thing the Warrens are full of dookie.

Tss I do believe that's probably the nicest thing I've ever heard you say about the Warrens to this date! :blink:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#58 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

(Not putting what you said down) BUT.....Welcome to the real world...FULL of sick and twisted people!

And welcome to GV!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#59 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:10 AM

I'm definitely in the camp of the nonbelievers in this story. Here's a couple websites that give credence to the hoax theory, for those who care:

http://groups.msn.co...oststories.msnw
http://www.csicop.or...ril_fools_1998/
http://www.prairiegh...amityville.html (this is the most comprehensive page, complete with bibliography of sources.)

There is a remake of the movie coming out this year, so this story will no doubt be a big deal once again. The original film has its fun moments, but overall is pretty mediocre. There's also a bunch of sequels and prequels, and these are best avoided by all but the most hardcore "badfilm" fans. Part II, which deals (very loosely) with the DeFeo portion of the story, is especially bad and features a sleazy incest angle that as far as I know never figured into the real case. And Part III was originally released to theatres in 3-D.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#60 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:36 AM

There is a remake of the movie coming out this year, so this story will no doubt be a big deal once again.

I'm still hoping that's just someones sick twisted idea of a joke...
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users