Amityville Horror

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:25 AM

There is a remake of the movie coming out this year, so this story will no doubt be a big deal once again.

I'm still hoping that's just someones sick twisted idea of a joke...

I wish it was a joke, too, but I've seen the trailer. If there's an original idea left in Hollywood, it's dying of lonliness.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#62 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

There is a remake of the movie coming out this year, so this story will no doubt be a big deal once again.

I'm still hoping that's just someones sick twisted idea of a joke...

I wish it was a joke, too, but I've seen the trailer. If there's an original idea left in Hollywood, it's dying of lonliness.

Right beside all of the LAME-O reality tv crap.

Hollywood is now made up of Reality Television and movie remakes.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#63 Spiritgirl703

Spiritgirl703

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:41 AM

I think all of it is true.
Don't be afraid of spirits, be afraid of humans.

#64 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

Well, unfortunately, there's lots of proof that it ISNT true.... just read past posts, and visit those websites. You can't ignore the facts.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#65 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

I showed my friend Denise the link to the site for the remake and she claims to know the couple who investigated everything - their name escapes me but I know the wife's name is Lorraine - and she's 100% a firm believer that it did happen. Exactly as everyone - books and movies - stated they did. I will not deny that the story is quite interesting, but I have read all of the proof that it's not true and I believe it isn't. Perhaps parts are - like Defeo (sp?) killed his family - but not all of it.

Just my opinion.

I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#66 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

That would be the Warrens, Ed & Lorraine, and they're a debate in and of themselves.....lol.

DeFoe DID commit the murder, that's very much established.

So, as I've stated before, my own theory is that the house WAS haunted, just not anywhere near the degree that the Lutzs and by extention the Warrens claimed. And not by some demonic forces <snorts> but by the family members that were brutally murdered in their beds, and the spirits may well have moved on since then.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#67 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:15 PM

That would be the Warrens, Ed & Lorraine, and they're a debate in and of themselves.....lol.

How so?

#68 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:18 PM

Some folks think they're the real deal, others think they're big fakes. That's why the Warrens are a debate in and of themselves.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#69 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:49 PM

Yep. The books and movies made a tons of money. Unfortunately for those who insist it was all a hoax, the Lutz family saw very little of that money. In all, they probably made about $300K in 30 plus years The idea that it was a hoax stems from the money involved.

William Weber, attorney for Butch DeFeo during his murder trial, was planning on writing his own book about the murders and haunting, but Anson beat him to it and Weber promptly cried hoax in an attempt to get his share of the pie and was reprimanded in court when he sued the Lutzes for it. or look at Rick Osoma who never investigated a haunting before comes out with his own book on how it was a hoax :rolleyes:

I think it was haunted but not as bad as what the movie and books would tell you

#70 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:00 AM

Some folks think they're the real deal, others think they're big fakes. That's why the Warrens are a debate in and of themselves.

Have they actually done any credible work?

#71 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:09 AM

We have a link on the Warren Here

#72 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:24 AM

a friend of mine on another site had a cousin that lived across the street from the house and she said nothing went on there except for the murders. The guy who murdered hi family now has his own site from prison . I have been to it just once didn't find it very interesting.
Jeffrey McDonald the Green Beret who murdered his wife and 2 daughters at Ft Bragg North Carolina also has his own pc site from prison.

#73 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:21 AM

Sounds to me like getting arrested for even murder gets you a stint in the lap of luxury, trudy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link Ceasar.

#74 MindyKGB

MindyKGB

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

My father was George's second cousin. I am the same age as Missy, so I was only 5 when this supposed haunting took place. I remember family discussions surrounding this especially after the release of the book and the movie. Although it is no longer discussed, it was hot topic back in the late 70's. It was known amongst the family that this story was just that, a story. It was just another one of George's "pot of gold" schemes. They never "fled" the house. George wanted to leave the house because he was in over his head financially and tried to get out of the deal. The whole story started out as a way to get out of the deal by claiming that the realtor falsely represented the history of the house. The story continued to grow to add fodder for a law suit. It then took on its own life once a book deal was in the works. (The real pot of gold)

I'll admit that the story is compelling. It always fascinated me even though I knew that it wasn't true. When I was in the 8th grade, I actually read the book just for fun and it sent shivers down my spine. It was a very well written horror story. Albeit, only a story.

#75 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

I think it was a hoax too, but wasn't there a picture taken recently on the inside and it showed a young boy with filmed over eyes? It was a weird picture. If it wasn't of this house, does anyone know where it was taken? And does anyone else know of this picture?

I saw it too. I think the current owners of the house were just trying to fool naive people that are interested in the topic. Definitely not real though.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users