• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

I'm very curious as to what people like to use or how you like to see or hear 'proof' on web sites.  I love EVP's the most.  It's just amazing to hear a ghostly voice!  

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:24 PM

:( never been on any hunts! never tried even! hhmmmm!

so dunno!
Posted Image

#3 snap43nib

snap43nib

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:36 PM

I use my 35mm and digital cam although, have never captured anything, I take my dog sometimes, she is always going nuts, like during my only ghostly encounter, she was barking furociosly, I honestly think animals can pick up more than humans,
I'm trapped in my American Nightmare Running Scared.

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:54 AM

I love the recorder and my 35mm camera about the same.  Hard to pick.  I am just like a kid a Christmas though when I am waiting to get my pics back from being developed.  I just love it when you pop open the envelope and see something that you couldn't see when you were there! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:32 AM

EVP's are WAY cool, but I gotta go with my 35mm, its a little wallmart special-$40-but its gotten me some really intriguing pics ;D

Hi, Snap43, I'm not sure if its the different construction of an animals eyes or the fact that they're prolly just more attuned to their surroundings that we can ever hope to be, but I agree. I'd honestly be reluctant to take my baby on an investigation, I'd be more worried about him getting hurt than me getting hurt
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:32 AM

EVPs creep me out, and i'm not very experienced with going hunting with mechanical equipment of any kind... but off hand, i'd DEFINATELY go with my digital camera.  it usually goes with me wherever i go anyway!

;D

O.G.
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#7 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:42 AM

I love my Nikon N60 and my Olympus 3000 Zoom Digital because I have had  a photography addiction for 22 years . ;)

For research I love my Sony camcorder with nightshot and my good old tape recorder.  :(

Rockhauler2k1 ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#8 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 01 November 2003 - 08:07 AM

My Sony camcorder with nightshot and [glow=red,2,300]Night Vision goggles[/glow] are a superbe combo.  Be careful though, you might see more than you really want to....... :-X
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#9 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 09:35 AM

Agree on the Sony Nightcams,best documentation I've captured yet has been in the IR spectrum.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

Another thing about taking dogs on investigations, they shed...so unless you have one of Flying Orbs barking cats you can end up with false positives, not to mention having a barking dog at 2 in the morning is going to disturb the neightbors and it is harder to pick up after the doggy presents, which should be another must if at a cemetary, respect guys...
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 03 November 2003 - 11:01 AM

Hello all:

I really like my Sony TRV-43 Night Shot camcorder. I have also gotten great EVP's and photos many of which I have posted in the past here at GV, I am a classic 35mm man.

I updated this with a complete list, I need to add a geiger counter (which I have to get calibrated), 3 X10 wireless cameras, I just need to get a TV/VCR combo for it, and a larger IR light for my camcorder which I should have next week:

Camera 35mm

Olympus AZ-200 Multi AF Super Zoom

Video Camcorder

Sony Handycam Vision CCD-TRV43 Video Hi8 with Nightshot

EMF Detector

Dr. Gauss – Huntar Company Inc.

Infra-Red Thermometer

LA CROSSE Technology – IR-101 - features continuous collection of MIN/MAX values to evaluate the warmest and coldest point with display of current temperature. Data hold function to save the latest value in the display.

IR Filter
(For use with Mag Light)
Increased night vision for Sony Handycam.

Audio Recorder

Philips AQ6341 Memo Recorder with Voice Activation
Labtec Verse-504 Microphone boom - unidirectional - Sensitivity: -67db, -47 dBV, - Frequency response: 100-16,000Hz – Impedance: 2000 ohms.

Radio Shack DR-90 Digital Recorder (For Note Taking)

Media

35mm film: Kodak Max Versatility Plus 800 24 exp.

8mm: Maxell GX-MP High Quality metal particle 120 min

Audio: Radio Shack HC-60, 60 minute High Bias Type II
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#12 a10182

a10182

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 11:19 AM

yea i have never been so I cant tell you

#13 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:51 PM

Another thing about taking dogs on investigations, they shed...so unless you have one of Flying Orbs barking cats you can end up with false positives, not to mention having a barking dog at 2 in the morning is going to disturb the neightbors and it is harder to pick up after the doggy presents, which should be another must if at a cemetary, respect guys...

Barking cats indeed! *Looks at Masq and sniffs with distain*  My Chihuahuas are the peak of K9 development.  So what if they scratch me with their tiny little claws.........so what if the turn and walk away in the opposite direction when I call them....so what if the purr when I feed them warm milk........so what if they cough up hair balls........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The amazing purring chihuahuas are DOGS I say....Dogs.....snicker ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#14 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

My 70lb monster mix is a dog,,,but you know I was sticking up for them, they are much better to take on an investigation then say a Siberian Husky, less fur to shed to give false positives....and of course you're right, the closer to catdom the better the dog, does your goes in the litter tray?
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#15 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:24 AM

Hi Masq,

No, I just hold my Chihuahuas out the window and squeeze.  They are good for the rest of the day after that! *snicker*

I would NEVER taks my purring chihuahuas on a hunt.  They could probably see the things I am photographing.  They could be tramatized for life! ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users