A wolf in my home?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TallulahB

TallulahB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:MY LIKES:<br />Reading, Meeting New People, learning, learning, and learning (One thing they can't take away is your education)*** HOCKEY!! ( RED WINGS!!),***((even though Steve Yzerman retired...the Greatest Game will go on)) I have always had an interest in the paranormal, but then again, there are some scary people here in the land of the living.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:31 AM

That's what three people saw last night in my house. My mom, (who has the gift of discernment) saw what we are going to call a wolf. My husband saw the exact same thing and he's not a believer in the paranormal. I saw this wolf, and we saw it at the exact same time. We looked at eachother in awe. We all said "a wolf". I asked instead of saying what we saw ..write it down. We all agreed about size, movement, size of ears, length of nose, and the lenght of the hair as well as color. When we described what we had seen, we saw the exact same thing. Ive been having incidents in my home for quite some time, but never this wolf. What really has me reeling is my husband never saw anything ever before until now. This wasn't a frightful sight, but real as day. It appears that the house is becoming more and more active. The land on which all these homes were built...was Native American...taken by the British in the 1700"s and sold for a small fortune to an American. The rest is history. Was the wolf a sacred animal??....or for that matter, maybe it still is.
"The will to believe is powerful" ...(Houdini)

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

Wolves are seen as sacred animals in many polytheistic religions actually. It might be a guardian spirt of the land stemming from the time prior to its purchase by the American. Very cool that you saw it (I love wolves!)

I would suggest trying to dig into the past of the land and speak with your neighbours to see if they are experiencing anything odd too. Also see if you can speak with some former owners/occupants of the house you are in for their possible experiences. Generally those records of past owners can be found in your area land office.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 03 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

I agree in the digging up the past bit. I don't think the wolf was there to threaten you as you don't sound at all scared or spooked or anything. But for it to just suddenly appear like that including in front of someone who's never experienced something like that before, maybe it's trying to tell you something? Might be a good idea to do some research. Worse case scenario it will be highly educational.

#4 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:31 PM

I think its intriguing when more than one person sees the same thing at the same time!!

This happened to my fella years ago, i must admit, him and his freind were smoking somthing in particular at the time and driving down the highway, they BOTH saw a pygmy ( lol :rolleyes: ) running alongside the car! BOTH of them saw the same thing, how can this be explained?? I know its drug induced, but seeing the same thing?

Weird :blink:

Simmy

By all means, if this posting is inappropriate please delete it, i know its a family forum, dont want to upset anyone :weeee:

#5 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

I have read several of Sylvia Browne's books,and she says that everyone
has an animal spirit or guide. Maybe what you all seen was someone's
animal guide. Just a thought. :(
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

Yes, we all have animal totems and I'll just bet you saw someone's totem. That's all it is and as you said, there was nothing frightening about it.
petunia4998

#7 TallulahB

TallulahB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:MY LIKES:<br />Reading, Meeting New People, learning, learning, and learning (One thing they can't take away is your education)*** HOCKEY!! ( RED WINGS!!),***((even though Steve Yzerman retired...the Greatest Game will go on)) I have always had an interest in the paranormal, but then again, there are some scary people here in the land of the living.

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:35 PM

Thank you for your in-put on this subject. ALL is considered.
A Sylvia Browne book? I'm sure there is a book she has written that pertains to what I'm experiencing. Any suggestions?
"The will to believe is powerful" ...(Houdini)

#8 fiannagirl

fiannagirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:i like werewolves and to stare at the moon i also am in love with orlando bloom

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:03 AM

no you cant see other peoples totems they are yours and yours alone to guide that one person down there certian path. it might be an native american spirit that came back as a wolf mabey that indian was close to the wolf spirit and that is why he looks like a wolf
tread softly mortal tis werewolves in these parts

#9 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:54 PM

I'd like to know if the wolf looked at any of you, or acknowledged you in any way at all. Also, was he walking/running/standing still?

Did he appear for just a moment and then fade, or did he literally walk away from your view?

What part of the house was he in? Have you had experiences in the same part of the house before this?

I agree..It's probably a connection to the land - I hope you enjoy research, because there's an awful lot you could do with this.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#10 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:42 AM

The book you want by Sylvia Browne is Life On The Other Side page 209, Sylvia talks anout Totems.Go to your local book store if they don't have it they can order it for you. I have also seen alot of Sylvia's books on e-bay for half the new price. on the buy it now.

#11 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

Fiannagirl, with all due respect, totems can be seen by anyone. What makes you think they can't? They're in spirit, just as humans are.
petunia4998

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:10 PM

Fiannagirl, with all due respect, totems can be seen by anyone. What makes you think they can't? They're in spirit, just as humans are.

Not that you'll read this, but I don't much care.

A Totem IS indeed a spirit, but it is the spirit guide for an individual, and generally will only show itself to it's own person. It would only show itself to other people if there is a need (ie: it's person is in danger or serious trouble).

By the sounds of this particular incident, it sounds to me more like a spirit attached to the land itself.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:56 PM

Thats sort of what I was thinking Vamp. This maybe be something akin to an elemental, or spirit of the land. I'd also like to kn ow where the house is, as it maybe the spirit of a Native Shaman who takes this animal form to travel in. Just a thought.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#14 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

I have read several of Sylvia Browne's books,and she says that everyone
has an animal spirit or guide. Maybe what you all seen was someone's
animal guide. Just a thought. :D

Have you read "Prophecy" by Sylvia Browne? My aunt just sent me that one. I haven't gotten to it yet.

I believe in totems. I went to a psychic years ago and she told me my totems were Owl and Hawk. I knew that she was right, because as a young child I had a dream that owls were beckoning me. From the day I saw that psychic I was able to see hawks in the trees when traveling to work, etc. It opened my eyes. Maybe they were there all the while, but I just didn't notice. Then again, I don't live in a Hawk or Owl oriented area (Queens, NY). I am very much in tune to them now. My mom always knew of my hawk/owl affililation...and at her gravesite when the priest was reading her eulogy, there was a huge commotion in the sky directly over us. Everyone looked up...Crows were squawking, and there in all its glory was a huge hawk circling overhead and right then and there I knew it was a sign..I was definitely comforted.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users