Haunted Maine

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dwayne_G

Dwayne_G

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

There are several places in Maine that are rather haunted. Some are well known and others not so much. The majority of my haunting experiences have been in Northern Maine in Aroostook County. The University I went to is really haunted and I've heard several accounts from professors as well as students and other employees.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:11 AM

Welcome Dawyne! Feel free to share the experiences with us.
Posted Image

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 11:23 AM

My good friend is from buxport, she said theres quite a bit of activity there.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#4 Dwayne_G

Dwayne_G

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:56 PM

Yes Bucksport has a legend. I'll submit it so everyone on the site can read it.

#5 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:36 AM

Hi - as a Mainer I can attest to Bucksport. I get very strong feelings just driving through the town. As a kid it always creeped me out. A few years ago I drove up there to visit a buddy and his wife who had moved into an apartment in an old building near the waterfront. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was just uncomfortable the whole evening and couldn't wait to get out of there. Not just their apartment, but the whole town.
Then you have the famous grave with the Witch's Foot on it....yep, the air is thick with the supernatural in Bucksport.
I haven't spent a lot of time in far Northern Maine, but the times I did go camping and such in Aroostook Co., I always got creepy vibes.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:19 PM

Welcome Dwayne.I am a part time resident of Washington County myself and I know of a few real good stories of hauntings in maine.I posted one not too long ago about a haunting in Camden or Machias,it was  actually the first recorded ghost report in the US.I will try and dig it back up again
along with any some others when I get the chance.

#7 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:04 PM

Please do, that's a good one! When I get a chance I'll be posting the tale of Cling Clang, a colonial era peddler who frequented Hancock & Washington counties.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#8 Eddy

Eddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Hi, speaking of Bucksport I run a paranormal investigative website based in Bucksport it's called Maine Supernatural at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqnk8x/ and I have a page on the site dedicated to the truth behind the Buck myth, where the legend originated, and how it was completely unfounded. I also have a local legend that sounds very familiar to the mentioned Cling Clang, and would like to hear further on this. I've been working haunted house investigations and cemeteries in the area, and have had some luck catching EVP's and some facial spirit captures. I welcome all, and would be interested in sharing any stories, legends, myths or locations.

#9 Lynn McD24

Lynn McD24

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

Hey Guys, I'm looking for information about the University of Maine at Presque Isle. I know that there was a death 20+ years ago but don't really know much. I have a room with strange Happenings going on. Nothing bad but creepy. It's in Park Hall. If anyone knows something please reply to this. I'm trying to do some digging.

#10 Edoph

Edoph

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

Hi, speaking of Bucksport I run a paranormal investigative website based in Bucksport it's called Maine Supernatural at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqnk8x/ and I have a page on the site dedicated to the truth behind the Buck myth, where the legend originated, and how it was completely unfounded. I also have a local legend that sounds very familiar to the mentioned Cling Clang, and would like to hear further on this. I've been working haunted house investigations and cemeteries in the area, and have had some luck catching EVP's and some facial spirit captures. I welcome all, and would be interested in sharing any stories, legends, myths or locations.

#11 Edoph

Edoph

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

Hey Guys, I'm looking for information about the University of Maine at Presque Isle. I know that there was a death 20+ years ago but don't really know much. I have a room with strange Happenings going on. Nothing bad but creepy. It's in Park Hall. If anyone knows something please reply to this. I'm trying to do some digging.

#12 Edoph

Edoph

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

Lynn McD24,
I graduated from UMPI in1988. I know the story of Park Hall from the employees and RA that managed the situation your inquiring about. I have some creepy stories I can share with you. I would first like to know the room you're staying in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users