Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Ghostvillage 2005 Rally!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Location for the Ghostvillage 2005 Rally? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Location for the Ghostvillage 2005 Rally?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 furbys_evil

furbys_evil

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:dont really have any

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:16 PM

i wish it could be closer to me :)
"......Human beings, by changeing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

FLY! Stop trying to influence people with your signature! We're in the USA and by golly, they have every right to vote for NEW ORLEANS if that's where they want to go!!!
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:36 PM

NEW ORLEANS! NEW ORLEANS! NEW ORLEANS!!!!

YOu see, if it's held in New Orleans, and the timing is just right...it'll be when I'm down there anyway and I get two trips for the price of one!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:42 PM

FLY! Stop trying to influence people with your signature! We're in the USA and by golly, they have every right to vote for NEW ORLEANS if that's where they want to go!!!

Thats OK Whispers. My backup plan is to give out maps that say New Orleans, but actually take you to Mansfield, Ohio. :)

Mmmmmmmmaaaaannnnsssfield! Kinda rolls of the tongue doesn't it? :o
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#20 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:14 PM

Both places sound really cool! I am impartial to either one although New Orleans sounds really neat, Ohio is closer to where I live as well. I just wanna know where it will be located and then I will do my best to be at either one. HURRY UP AND DECIDE!!!!!! :)
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#21 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

Hahahah! Flying.....

I probably an up for either, thuogh my VOTE is MANSFIELD! rolls right off the tongue! you bet!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#22 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:52 PM

OOOOOHH, I hope that I get to go! I live in Alabama, so they are both kinda
far, but I will try my best! Is there a fee other than regular travel expences?
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#23 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

OOOOOHH, I hope that I get to go! I live in Alabama, so they are both kinda
far, but I will try my best! Is there a fee other than regular travel expences?

There is a $50 fee for Mansfield Reformatory, but for that you get to be alone, in-the-dark, with spooks.

I suppose there would be additional fees for New Orleans too. Hm..like treatment for snakebite, pulling your car out of the swamp, things like that...

I say again, I am completely impartial............ :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#24 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:08 PM

ROTFL!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#25 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:19 PM

ROTFL, also!!! ;) :)
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#26 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:27 PM

Last year we did not charge a fee for the convention itself. Everyone just had to pay for their own campsite. But it was dirt cheap. Cajun was so generous in providing all the food at no charge. We did discuss taking a deposit for this year's convention, to go toward food costs and to help firm up people's plans so we can get a better estimate of how many will be there. But it's up to Jeff.

NEW ORLEANS I SAY!

:) ;) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#27 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:07 PM

Mansfield!

This would be closer for me too so I had to vote for it. New Orleans is cool but it will cost a lot more and will be a trip that will need quite a great amount of time devoted to it.

I think that Mansfield will be a great haunt since it is a road less travelled. It will provide for less people and will generate the best evidence in my book. Vote Mansfield!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:25 PM

Yes a small fee is being discussed to cover some of the cost, but we will need a location to make a firm standing on that. It will be affordable no matter which location is chosen.

Remember people its up to you so make a choice for the area that suits you best or give and idea for another location. Nothing is carved in stone as of yet.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#29 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

I looked on the reformatory website and it looks like you have to have reservations just to go inside. How many are allowed on each reservation date?

#30 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

I looked on the reformatory website and it looks like you have to have reservations just to go inside.  How many are allowed on each reservation date?

More spots than we will ever need. Even though alot af people go to Mansfield on a given night, the place is huge! I had no problem being alone when I wanted to be. Alot of the folks do not stay there all night. There are alot of stairs and you do need to pack your trash back out. I mean this place is lonely. I was in solitary confinement for over an hour without anyone disturbing me. If you engage in horseplay and lock yourself in you will be there till morning and you are indeed in the dark. You can be 3 floors up on the cellblocks investigating individual cells in the dark. Common sense needs to be used. I love the place and will return next year no matter if it is the Rally site or not. Please remember that you can suggest alternate locations! We are not limited to two locations! ;)

Oh, Armed police are on duty there so you and your vehicles are quite safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users