Spider gates

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:16 AM

There has been allot of talk about Spider Gates for years now the upshot is one town historian there actually did real research to try and prove if there was anything solid behind any of the stories like "some kid hung himself from the tree there" in a nutshell he could find no evidence that anything happened there ever and he worked with the police dept. in doing his research.

This place is a no tresspassing area one reason is vandalism there has been serious destruction to the graves and the gates there over the years, someone busted out they spider shape on one of the gates to try make it into a peace sign. The gates were a unique piece of art that can't be replaced. That is why police patrol there to try and keep the vandals at bay.

Now is it haunted, who knows but I would be really angry if people kept coming in and trashing the place. It's sad but I find that vandalized and neglected graveyards are the most active.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#17 wowie

wowie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:48 PM

I recently visited a website of New England paranormal investigators. The person conducting the research seemed very logical to me, not one to be too spooky, and honestly found nothing of interest to him, other than the gates which he took many pictures of. He did visit in the daytime, but that should not matter when it comes to activity.
http://www.ghosthelp...pidergates.html

Please note that the researcher did have permission from the local police department before entering the premises.

[glow=Navy,4,300]wowie  :-*[/glow]

#18 GroundZer0

GroundZer0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:x0|Dudley|Noflag||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Dudley|||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:29 PM

I personally have been there on a couple occassions.  I have a couple of personal rumors from kids in my town and parents.  Whether they are true or not who knows.  One of the stories is quite interesting.  According to the father of a friend of mine, he went to the gates as a kid of age 18 or so.  While there (at night time) he supposedly interacted with a ghost which told him that he would have a son.  Well wouldn't you have it, months later his girlfriend was pregnant with a baby boy (my friend).  There are also stories of satanic rituals that have been held there.  Also, there are supposedly 8 gates at which you can pass through.  The last gate is supposed to be the portal to hell.  My group did not find all these gates.  Only the one leading into the cemetary.  I think its all in the eye of the beholder.  If you want to have a scary experience you probably will have one.  Personally, the first time I went was with a group of 5 people.  I must say I was pretty freaked out thinking of all the rumors and what not.  It is pitch black on the road to where the cemetary is near.  No cell phones work nor can you use your low beams on the car as you are not able to see a BAD_WORD thing.  Upon moving down the trail you can't see your hand in front of your face.  We didn't find anything amazingly scary.  Nothing you couldn't attribute to being in a forest at night but scary nonetheless.  It was pretty interesting seeing all these old old grave stones in the middle of the woods.  The most odd thing I must say is that it seemed as though it was getting warmer and warmer the longer we stayed in the vicinity.  After a while it was almost unbearable and we began to sweat.  That was about it.  The second time around was not as exciting as I did not do as much exploring of the area.  My friend freaked out and we had to leave.  That is about it with my explorings of Spider Gates.  I plan on making a return trip there this upcoming summer and would be glad to share any stories of encounters I may have there.

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:50 PM

Welcome to GV, GroundZero. Enjoy the stay!

It is surely an intresting information. But why do you feel the gates are all in the eye of the beholder? Could it also be attributed to different dimensions?
Posted Image

#20 GroundZer0

GroundZer0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:x0|Dudley|Noflag||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Dudley|||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:08 AM

I suppose that is a possibility.  I don't think it really is haunted.  I think that is just people's minds playing tricks on them.  But hey, I don't want to be a downer either.  I think it would be quite interesting to witness some paranormal activity.

#21 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

Spider Gates is a haunt that i would like to venture to one day.  But the story behind spider gates is that it is supposed to be one of the 9 gates to hell.  The original gates were taken down a number of years ago and put in a unknown museum.  But supposively a young girl had run from her parents and taken shelter in a cave next to the cemetary that she and her friends had found earlier some time.  The next morning when the girl did not arrive home, the set up search parties for her.  Upon asking her friends, they found out about the cave and immediately went up there.  All they found was a mangled corpse that had been ripped apart by some creature.  But the looked to her side and they found her pack of cigarettes.  Later when they did the autopsy, through dental records they identified her as the missing girl but also found that no known animal could have done that too her.  Many people have told me  that wierd things happen up there at night and i still think that it would be a worthwhile visit.  I hope that helps.
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#22 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

is it possible that you could point me in the right direction where I may find info online about the missing girl cc.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#23 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:49 AM

Cajun,

The only reference that I can find is this one;

http://spidergates.d...egends.html#dis

but it's from the website that you posted so probably not much use to you... :(

JJ. ;)

#24 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

Thanx anyway, I am coming up empty on this one myself.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#25 diamonds

diamonds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, ghosts, and more ghosts!!!

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

I have been there and have lots to tell... iI posted one story that I hope you all find interesting.. e mail with any questions been there 5 or more times have lots of weird pictures also from there... deboc79@aol.com
diamonds

#26 diamonds

diamonds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, ghosts, and more ghosts!!!

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:26 PM

I have been to spidergates 5 times or more and I believe something is going on there... I have read every story posssible and checked it out... i have some strange photos from there that I took and strange happenings..... I hate that people keep distructing it... the  gates were beautiful... if you like cemetery gates...anyone e mail me if you want more details.....
diamonds

#27 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:00 PM

Hey there,

Could you please post your stories and/or interesting pics on this forum, matey?? ???

Or can you direct us to a website containing your information...?? ???

Thanks,

JJ. ;)

#28 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

Hi diamonds, welcome to gv. Thanks for info. I would love to see some of the pics if possible.

#29 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

Hola DIAMONDS and welcome to GV. Enjoy the stay!
Posted Image

#30 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:13 AM

Those gates are truly a work of art...gosh you learn something new everyday, eh? lol Thanks for the links Cajun, really had a ball reading about the place! ;D

And yeah, Diamonds, please post your stories and experiences, would love to hear more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users