great links cajan

#32 bluangel29

bluangel29

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Location:x1|Miami, FL|USA|usa|476|307|x1|Miami, FL|USA|usa|476|307|

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

Hi! Just wondered if anyone knows of any haunted cementaries in Miami or South FL. Do I have to go ONLY at night??? I hope NOT!

#33 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:01 PM

Hi bluangel29, welcome to gv and I hope you enjoy your stay. Here is a link to florida haunts. And NO you dont have to go at night. If activity is present it can be found at any time.

http://theshadowland...ces/florida.htm
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#34 bluangel29

bluangel29

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Location:x1|Miami, FL|USA|usa|476|307|x1|Miami, FL|USA|usa|476|307|

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the info! ;)

#35 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

[move][glow=red,2,300]welcome to gv bluangel29 ;)[/glow][/move]

Enjoy the stay ;D

#36 zippie_d

zippie_d

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:45 AM

Hey All, I’m from Worcester MA. and been to the gates many times when I was younger.  Other then very bad "vibes" I cant say that I've seen anything abnormal. The 7 other gates have been removed and just the first one remains. I walked all the way down to the bottom of the hill (8th gate - back in the day) but nope, no gate to hell J  but there is a little house (abandoned, old caretakers house?) but that’s all... sorry.  However, we did hear noises while in that house and we took off like scared little bunnies (teenagers!).  A few other things… down the street is a wayward home for troubled kids (also said to be haunted & very old institution) its very freaky driving buy this place.  It actually scared me much more then the gates ever did.  They dress the children up in all white outfits and I saw a few of them kneeling/staring at religious statues in the front of the complex, they looked so out of it, very Bizarre. Also, if you do have a chance to visit the gates anytime… be very careful because there are many NO TRESSPASING signs everywhere… and the family that owns the plot will not think twice about convicting you if your caught!  Have Fun!

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:22 AM

Welcome to GV and enjoy the stay, zippie_d! Seeya around!
Posted Image

#38 Anathema

Anathema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:48 PM

Considering the lack of info on actually proven events in Spider Gates I would have to say little to no activity goes on. There is the fact that I believe you aren't as susceptible to see things if you are really looking for them.
The only freaky thing I've heard is when my friend went there with his two brothers about 4 years ago, when it was easier to get in during the night, at around 1130 at night or so they said they were leaving, flashlights off, when they heard leaves rustling, and peering through a few trees saw 3 dark figures with hoods or clothing on to hide features. They let them walk by without alerting them, but I would say I bet it was just weird people who believe in satanist stuff, more than ghosts. thats all i can say about the dark figures though.
Posted Image<== To the Blackwater Park

#39 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

Welcome to gv zippie_d and Anathema

Some people have some good pics from spider gates :o

#40 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

Welcome to gv zippie_d and Anathema, I hope you enjoy your stay.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#41 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location:x0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

To what Milegone said, there are some good pics from there, but also some total fake ones too. The one below is from a very respectable site, just illustrating the history of the cemetery (non-paranormal). The second pic is totally fake, and was taken from http://www.spidergates.com (also a totally fake site)

Posted Image

http://origin.midadd...pg&mac=3c9dd1a5

#42 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:16 PM

well i know people that have some good pics from there. I think diamonds has some too ;D

#43 Anathema

Anathema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

LOL that second picture was hilarious.
Someone obviously doesn't know how to use photoshop right. XD
I can see how it was fake, but c'mon, the original picture of the little cave is creepy enough without this......ectoplasm lightning stuff

#44 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

Yeah,that was a good laugh

#45 Anathema

Anathema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:10 PM

You know, the more I look at this cave thingy and think about it, the more odd it looks to me. I mean, consider the scaling of it, afterall. The size of the actual hole, when compared to the leaves, really gives you an idea of how small this hole really is, so now i'm wondering a whole lot why this hole is here and what its purpose was for.
I can also tell a lot of things people have said about spider gates 13 years ago was probably true then, but given corrosion and weathering, maybe things have been turned over. you know what I mean? Someone back then might have claimed they saw a hole in the ground, said it was a dug up grave, but over the years it got filled in, so considering that, I wonder what people saw spider gates like, about 15 years ago. let alone 2,000 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users